Dutchman dies in Pattaya Beach Road accident

Rimmer

Dutchman dies in Pattaya Beach Road accident

dutch-1.jpg?cabe6e

PATTAYA:--On Saturday Morning a 51year old Dutchman died in a single-vehicle road accident on Pattaya Beach Road.

The accident occurred in front of the Hard Rock Hotel and resulted in the death of Mr. Mark Henkel, a popular ex-pat and member of the Pattaya Sports Club.

According to witnesses he was driving his motorbike at a high rate of speed and appeared to lose control of his vehicle and subsequently fell onto the road head-first. He, along with his bike, came to rest 20 meters from where he initially fell.

Rescue Workers were quickly on-scene and administered CPR to Mr. Henkel, who could not be revived and was pronounced dead-at-the-scene.

The Dutch Embassy in Bangkok have been informed as friends and family of Mr. Henkel come to terms with their loss.

Full story:http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/185127/dutchman-dies-in-pattaya-beach-road-accident/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-04-18

• Like 1

I wonder if it is another consequence of the effects of Songkran.

I have personally nearly lost control of my bike and had an accident after having water thrown in my face whilst riding a few times.

He was apparently riding at 'high speed', which he shouldn't have been, especially during Songkran when he might have put himself and others in danger.

As previously said it is very bad reporting, so let's just give condolences to his family.

Okay, that's clear. let me give the answer, I guess it was a German because M. Henkel is a real German name.

. Yes Peter he was surely German I was sat having meal with him a few days ago,he was also a neighbor of mine for a few years ,until he moved to another village,totally gutted to hear this news earlier.he was not a speeder & always wore a helmet. R I P Mark
  • Like 1

RiP.

Beyond sad for his little 2 yr old girl.

I'm 35 and have a 2 yr old girl here, I ride a bike everyday (commuting), and luckily have her future secured financially should something happen to me, but the thought of something happening to me and leaving her alone here without her Papa is a hard one.

• Like 1

Okay, that's clear. let me give the answer, I guess it was a German because M. Henkel is a real German name.

. Yes Peter he was surely German I was sat having meal with him a few days ago,he was also a neighbor of mine for a few years ,until he moved to another village,totally gutted to hear this news earlier.he was not a speeder & always wore a helmet. R I P Mark

^ He was not a speeder!