If your landlord is not Thai then you need documents from him to get marriage via extension?

Is this a new rule? Just been turned away from CW with the Mrs after trying to do my first extension based on marriage. Everything was in order but as soon as they saw the non Thai name on my condo contract they said they couldnt give me it until I came back with the following:

Copy of his passport

Copy of his tabien ban

Copy of the document saying the unite belongs to him

I had double and triple checked everything here before going and was never aware of this. The immigration officer was talking about how many rules have changed to my Mrs but Im not sure if she meant the changes back in August last year or some more recent changes.

What would happen if I wasnt able to get these documents? No marriage extension?

My land lord is Thai, latest extension (Sept-2014) they wanted signed copies her ID, house book and the rental contract.

As he said: January 2015 filing Retirement extension at Jomtien. They required copies of 1 ) the rental property's Thai owner's ID card, 2 ) Tibian Bahn (blue book) and 3 ) the rental contract.

Edited by NanLaew

What happens when the owner refuses to give the ID card copy?

You have to force them to do it. Immigration will not change their request for it.

Often owners are worried that they will be bothered for taxes. You just have to convince them that immigration does not have anything to do with the revenue department.

What happens when the owner refuses to give the ID card copy?

You have to force them to do it. Immigration will not change their request for it.

Often owners are worried that they will be bothered for taxes. You just have to convince them that immigration does not have anything to do with the revenue department.

Unfortunately that is about all that the tenant can do and hope for an eventual acquiescence by the landlord. At the risk of appearing 'falang loo mahk' I wouldn't want to be seen as the foreigner telling the Thai that his country's Revenue and Immigration don't trade information. If possible, get a Thai to tell him? If they have a reasonable relationship, it is possible but if it is already acrimonious, then little hope IMHO. Possibly giving notice of lease termination (while not jeopardizing any funds held as security) may get the assistance but in the worst case, the tenant would probably have to pencil moving on sometime in the near future.

OK so apparently my landlord doesnt have a tabien ban but I now have a signed copy of the chanote for the condo in his name and a signed copy of his passport

is that enough?

p.s and I have the rental agreement too

Edited by davejonesbkk

Just tried to get first extension on my first 90 days of spouse visa, acquired in Malaysia in February. Got a lengthy list of things to bring back for my next attempt. What gets me is we HAVE been married 8 years and have a 7 year old child. We are renting a condo from a Thai with a farang husband.

Looks like it's easier to get an ED visa to hang out and get drunk every night than it is to actually have family ties here and bring money from back home here to help the Thai economy by doing things like buying vehicles and homes and food and medicine.

A family-oriented culture? i think not!

MaeJo, I did NOT say my landlady is NOT Thai. I was just sharing frustration that they call themselves a family oriented culture here but can seem to tell the difference between a marriage of eight years instead of just eight weeks. I don't expect automatic residency but all these fiery hoops are ridiculous, especially when there's a 7 year old child who could be the real loser. Were I to take the family with me back to the States, I don't think MY government would give a damn about landlord's ID card and rental agreements, etc. Domicile,yes, but all this other stuff only pours gasoline on the fire that they don't want us here even when we've been married, have a kid, and bring and spend all our money here. Of all the types of visas (and I've had several over the last 12 years), I would've thought spouse visa might be a little LESS tedious to obtain.