Do not trust online information about bad weather, Meteorological Department warns

Lite Beer

Do not trust online information about bad weather, Meteorological Department warns

BANGKOK, 24 April 2015 (NNT) - The Meteorological Department warns people of rumors about bad weather and natural disaster which are now widely spreading on different media including social network. It advises them to only trust weather forecast from only reliable sources especially the website of the Meteorological Department.

Director-General Wanchai Sakudomchai said that the department would do more online postings on social media in order to add more channels for the public to access accurate weather information.

According to him, the hot weather is predicted to reach its peak in early-May with the temperature climbing up to even higher than the previous year. Summer thunderstorm may come periodically until Thailand enters the rainy season. The first raining is expected in the third week of May.

The Meteorological Department has allocated a 212-million-baht budget for improving the efficiency of computer system used in weather forecast. The improvement is now in the middle of its process.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-04-24 footer_n.gif

But you can trust forecasts about Good weather in the land of happiness .

So when we see more Thai Met forecasts "online" , presuming they will not all be forecasting good weather in reality, are we to believe them or not ??? That is the 64,000,000 baht question.

Especially the forecast from the Nation who's editors can't tell the difference between a high- or low pressure front.

I'm presuming they reproduce facts from the Met Office who insist that tropical storms originate from high pressure areas.

The website is interesting as I have one version on my notebook, a completely different version was downloaded to my tablet and the waste of time one for my smartphone never opened as it always crashed.

Don't trust weather forecasts? I thought the philosophy in LOS is not to trust anyone or anything ( including other expats).

That's my Golden Rule to. Even when asking directions here I think I would be wise and turn in the opposite direction.

Don't trust weather forecasts? I thought the philosophy in LOS is not to trust anyone or anything ( including other expats).

That's my Golden Rule to. Even when asking directions here I think I would be wise and turn in the opposite direction.

Use a GPS navigator. The key to happy life in LOS is to avoid contact with the natives as much as possible. Every such encounter has a high probability of ending up FUBAR.

In Thailand the best forecast you can get is to open your window and have a look for yourself. When the sky is blue, there will be no rain for now. When windy and you see a lot of low flying swallows, close your doors and keep your laundry inside.

• Like 1

They are the worst of all forecast sites.

NO they are one of the best forecast sites especially if you want information about the provinces and not just Bangkok
Living in the south: not correct.