Bruce Jenner: My brain is more female than male

Lite Beer

Unless you have walked in the shoes of a transgender person, you really don't know. Do you?

Accept who you are?

You hit the jackpot mate.

That is EXACTLY what true transgender people are doing.

They are accepting that they are really a DIFFERENT gender then their biological birth indicated.

It's all in their head mate!

I don't see the point in further discussion with you on this matter. Your mind is clearly made up in the direction of intolerance.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

I'm a little bit shocked that the BBC reported this morning that "Jenner achieved fame through the TV programme Living With The Kardashians".

So an Olympic Gold doesn't mean much these days then.

blink.png

Such is life. I remember one of kids asking me if Paul McCartney had been in a band before Wings!

In the 1990s a young co-worker said to me "Keifer Sutherland's father is an actor too?"

• Like 1

Stop lumping gays and trangenders and tranvestites together. These days most gays hate to have anything to do with kathoeys, transgenders or transvestites. Gays are men who like men. Period.

Second thing, I might not like transgenders or transvestites and stay away as far as possible from them but to each his own but for the christ sakes, I simply cannot understand old farang guys who look ok deciding to become transgenders and having the ops etc and then turn up looking so damm terribly ugly looking things. I admire that they have the courage to walk around in public, but really who are they kidding.....no decent man in his right man would even find them attractive a way bit.

Smells like BS to me too. Any news event coming out of the publicity whore

Kardashian family is suspicious. Could be their last gasp for their stupid

show to make money before they fade away like Honey Boo Boo...

I found it interesting to see him say he did not like men. Apparently saying

on national TV that you are a cross dresser who

identifies as a woman is not quite as bad as saying you are gay. It was

interesting he made the point himself rather than being asked the question.

Logically it seems to me that if you truly identify as a woman, you would like

men. Or maybe he should have clarified that he identified as a butch female

who still likes women. Ah it all gets so confusing.

And in closing, if I wake up tomorrow morning and dress as a Leprechaun,

and ask everyone to address me a Leprechaun, does NOT mean I am

a Leprechaun. In the real world, it would mean I have mental problems....

Edited by EyesWideOpen
  • Like 1

My guess would be that steroids taken when he was an athlete left him with some long term hormonal issues.

Now he'll spend a fortune on cosmetic surgery but he'll always look like a fella.

He must be raking in the cash over this. What a great 'plot twist' for the Kardashisns flagging show.

Looking forward to Kim taking him for ass implants...

Bruce is soooooooooooo not my type laugh.png

So much the prefer the Thai transgenders who "come out" in their early adulthood...not when they're 65 blink.png

She likes WOMEN so don't flatter yourself that she cares that she isn't your type.
She should be so lucky. But I've heard that too...that Bruce has said publicly that he's a lesbian. However, I find this a little suspect...more likely a little bit of covering going here as going through her transition is stressful enough and then adding in his same-sex attraction (and in future "opposite" sex attraction) to the mix at the same time would be just too much. It appears to me he's trying a little bit too hard to play it "straight." I mean, who transitions at 65 just to go about and have the same sexual partner attraction they [supposedly] have had their entire life to begin with? Edited by OMGImInPattaya

Unless you have walked in the shoes of a transgender person, you really don't know. Do you?

Accept who you are?

They are accepting that they are really a DIFFERENT gender then their biological birth indicated.

There are all sorts of variations that are biological, from chromosomal (XXY for example) to differences in brain structure. Here is a link to an article concerning a study that looked at men, women, castrated males, and transsexuals.

http://brain.oxfordjournals.org/content/131/12/3132.long

Stop lumping gays and trangenders and tranvestites together. These days most gays hate to have anything to do with kathoeys, transgenders or transvestites. Gays are men who like men. Period.

Second thing, I might not like transgenders or transvestites and stay away as far as possible from them but to each his own but for the christ sakes, I simply cannot understand old farang guys who look ok deciding to become transgenders and having the ops etc and then turn up looking so damm terribly ugly looking things. I admire that they have the courage to walk around in public, but really who are they kidding.....no decent man in his right man would even find them attractive a way bit.

The important thing for transsexuals is to be who they are, for body to conform to mind. It isn't about looks or sex, if it is about looking good or having sex with men only, they are likely making a big mistake, and indeed there have been some cases of individuals having surgery and then reversing it as best they can. That is why surgery, even here in Thailand, requires approval from therapists - to reduce the number of people who do find it is a mistake, and that is why living as a woman for a lengthy period before surgery is required. Do all transsexuals pass completely, of course not as much as they might want to... But the important thing is to be who they are, and many, most just go about life unknown by the rest of the world.

And if this person wasn't who he is, this would not be news. besides this person doesn't really know who he is!

"My brain is more female than it is male,"

"I am, as far as I know, heterosexual. I've always been with a woman, raising kids."

I suggest this is what it is all about

"If the Kardashian show gave me a foothold to do some good, I'm all for that," Jenner said.

What BS.

What he needs is psychiatrist.

I'm not qualified to determine who needs professional help. I am, however, skeptical of those that do.

I live my life and leave others to live their's.

Those that use "BS" as a means of expressing themselves, provide little intellectual support for their position.

She should be so lucky. But I've heard that too...that Bruce has said publicly that he's a lesbian. However, I find this a little suspect...more likely a little bit of covering going here as going through her transition is stressful enough and then adding in his same-sex attraction (and in future "opposite" sex attraction) to the mix at the same time would be just too much. It appears to me he's trying a little bit too hard to play it "straight." I mean, who transitions at 65 just to go about and have the same sexual partner attraction they [supposedly] have had their entire life to begin with?

On age. A lot of transsexuals transition late in life. Individuals who are now in their 50s and 60s grew up in a climate where it was hard to be out as lesbian or gay, much less as transsexual. The 21st century has seen a level of networking and activism in the LGBT community that has freed people to be themselves or at least to a greater degree. In the 1960s probably the sole voice for the transsexual community was Christine Jorgenson, later came travel writer Jan Morris, April Ashley, Renee Richards, and others - these people in the limelight because of who they were had small impacts, but the internet allowed people to come together for mutual support. Gay, lesbian, bi, trans....

Sexual orientation. A large percentage of those likely do have issues or confusion with sexual orientation and if they are contemplating surgery because of sexual orientation, they need to really think that through. That said, a large percentage of transsexuals do identify as lesbian or gay, others are bi, and others end up as straight women....

I'm happy for Jenner....

• Like 1

Accept who you are?

I don't see the point in further discussion with you on this matter. Your mind is clearly made up in the direction of intolerance.

Actually It is not intolerance. I am interested in the Psychology of it, why would a guy his age suddenly decide he wants to be a woman. But there is also the angle of Nature and if this is a genuine or natural way of being for some people rather than a deep rooted psychological illness. Why hasn't nature allowed for that in the design of the human body?

Why should I just accept something because it can be surgically corrected? And is this not a form of self mutilation to alter the function of the body because of what some one thinks they are?

And if this person wasn't who he is, this would not be news. besides this person doesn't really know who he is!

"My brain is more female than it is male,"

"I am, as far as I know, heterosexual. I've always been with a woman, raising kids."

I suggest this is what it is all about

"If the Kardashian show gave me a foothold to do some good, I'm all for that," Jenner said.

What BS.

What he needs is psychiatrist.

I'm not qualified to determine who needs professional help. I am, however, skeptical of those that do.

I live my life and leave others to live their's.

Those that use "BS" as a means of expressing themselves, provide little intellectual support for their position.

Now that is BS.

I wouldn't talk of a sudden decision in this case. Bruce reportedly posed in girls dresses before. The suddenness of decision might only be to go public now.

Psychologists and (worse) psychiatrists tend not to accept a decision as a free will.

Guess Bruce evaluated pros and cons before coming out.

Of course there's always a danger that people seek surgeons' help because of fashions, especially cosmetic surgery is full of examples.

As a rich private patient, Bruce will be privileged I guess.

Someone not so privileged might need a clinical indication (like GID) to make health insurance pay for surgery.

What would happen if a psychiatrist says "No" to gender transition?

She should be so lucky. But I've heard that too...that Bruce has said publicly that he's a lesbian. However, I find this a little suspect...more likely a little bit of covering going here as going through her transition is stressful enough and then adding in his same-sex attraction (and in future "opposite" sex attraction) to the mix at the same time would be just too much. It appears to me he's trying a little bit too hard to play it "straight." I mean, who transitions at 65 just to go about and have the same sexual partner attraction they [supposedly] have had their entire life to begin with?

On age. A lot of transsexuals transition late in life. Individuals who are now in their 50s and 60s grew up in a climate where it was hard to be out as lesbian or gay, much less as transsexual. The 21st century has seen a level of networking and activism in the LGBT community that has freed people to be themselves or at least to a greater degree. In the 1960s probably the sole voice for the transsexual community was Christine Jorgenson, later came travel writer Jan Morris, April Ashley, Renee Richards, and others - these people in the limelight because of who they were had small impacts, but the internet allowed people to come together for mutual support. Gay, lesbian, bi, trans....

Sexual orientation. A large percentage of those likely do have issues or confusion with sexual orientation and if they are contemplating surgery because of sexual orientation, they need to really think that through. That said, a large percentage of transsexuals do identify as lesbian or gay, others are bi, and others end up as straight women....

I'm happy for Jenner....

Most definitely.

All else aside, you can't ignore the fact that he lives this fishbowl life, and if not for that he probably wouldn't have done this, IMO.

All these women constantly vying for the center of attention, what's a boy to do? And at his age?

Well, he gets the attention focus for now.

I think they may need a murder trial to pick up ratings next year. Kanye would be great as the next OJ. Or is that too circular?

"Fishbowl live" or not, Bruce at least came out with a theme that has been mystified too long. Think about of all these rumours about the Thai ladyboy scene. Unfortunately, no TV would care about any humble Thai ladyboy as an individual, and as long as they are only regarded as a mass phenomenon nothing would ever change.

TV watchers like personal fates, and I guess it's good the public gets sensibilized for a taboo theme.

I saw the interview on 20/20 with Diane Sawyer. Very interesting.

His decision is not 'sudden' as someone suggested. He has been tormented since he was a small boy. He spent his life running away from himself. That worked well in the 1976 Olympics, but now he's not running anymore.

He has told all his kids. The interview talks with them as well. They are very supportive.

• Like 1

Ok. let me get this straight.......... Jenner identifies as a woman, and feels that he was a woman all along. Fine. I get that. He or she is whatever his/her biological make up dictates. However, Jenner identifies as heterosexual and is not attracted to men but is attracted to women. This is where Jenner loses me. If Jenner is a female and heterosexual, then the attraction should be to men, not to women. If attracted to women, then Jenner is a lesbian because Jenner is a woman.

I would hazard a guess that Jenner requires additional counseling to sort out what Jenner is because Jenner is all over the place.

I have seen parts of that movie he was in with the Village People - the movie that spawned YMCA and the infamous horrific musical number "milkshake". Jenner can be whatever Jenner wants to be. I just hope he doesn't try to be an "actor" again.

I bet Abbot and Costello could explain all this. tongue.png

Sure they could...

"Who's on First?"

Edited by DeaconJohn
  • Like 1

Bruce Jenner is now at peace with himself. I am at peace with Bruce Jenner now being at peace with himself. I would like to think that Bruce Jenner would be at peace with knowing that I am at peace with Bruce Jenner being at peace with himself.

(from the OP): 'brain is more female than male'

Does that mean she wants to go shopping all day at the mall, scrutinizing every brand of whitening cream, and each mobile phone case for sale?

Yes, probably all that plus the urge to pee sitting.

• Like 1