90 day reporting multi 0-A not in country

Sorry I'm sure this maybe covered elsewhere , but I cannot locate .

I'm on a 0-A multi visa ' long stay ' until 4th Feb 2016 .

I arrived on March 7th 2015 .

My 90 day immigration is due I guess on or around 7th June ?

However .. I must fly back to the UK on May27th possibly for 2-3 months ..

3...questions here ,

1, I assume I will not need to bother with the 90day immigration visit .

2, is it ok to stay that long out of the country , it will have no effect on my visa status ?

3, if that's fine and I return around start of September , is that where the visa now ends for 2016 ( sept ) ?

This is my first 0-A multi visa .

I'm also Informed , that if I leave the country again in say Jan 2016 and return before 4th February , I will get a whole new one year until Feb 2017 ? ... And still not having to show 800k etc in the bank yet . ( although this isn't a problem if I need it as I have a Thai bank account already )

Please advise if all above is correct , many thanks .

1. You do not need to do a report of staying in the country longer than 90 days if you are not here that long.

2.You can stay out of the country for a long as you want. Just be sure your return before the enter before date on your visa.

3. When enter in September you will get another one year permit to stay (not a visa) which will be September of 2016.

If you do an entry on or before the enter before date on your visa you will get another one year permit to stay. After the enter before date you will need a re-entry permit to keep that permit to stay valid if you want to leave the country.

• Like 1

The KEY date to note is the "enter before date" which is clearly marked on the visa .Any entry to Thailand made during the visas validity ("enter before date") will result in a one year "Permission to Stay" being granted. To take full advantage of the "second year" an exit/re-entry needs to be made immediately prior to the visa expiring. If travelling during the second year a re-entry permit will be required.

90 reports are only required from those who spend 90+ in Thailand

Edited by nzexpat
  • Like 1

1. You do not need to do a report of staying in the country longer than 90 days if you are not here that long.

2.You can stay out of the country for a long as you want. Just be sure your return before the enter before date on your visa.

3. When enter in September you will get another one year permit to stay (not a visa) which will be September of 2016.

If you do an entry on or before the enter before date on your visa you will get another one year permit to stay. After the enter before date you will need a re-entry permit to keep that permit to stay valid if you want to leave the country.

. So the example being I leave Thailand again mid Jan 2016 , but return before Feb4th . Then I get another year until 2017 , BUT , if I wish to leave again during that year I will need a re entry permit ? Where do I get that from and how easy is that to obtain ?

Thanks guys this is really helpful .

Re Entry Permit.

1,000 Baht for a single.

3,800 Baht for a Multiple.

Apply at Immigration or you can get one at the airport when leaving if you are pushed for time.

Personally I would not leave it until the last minute but maybe I worry too much.

• Like 1

Re Entry Permit.

1,000 Baht for a single.

Apply at Immigration or you can get one at the airport when leaving if you are pushed for time.

Personally I would not leave it until the last minute but maybe I worry too much.

o so you apply for this before you leave Thailand , but then you must know all your dates , return dates too , flights numbers booked etc ? .

Personally being a major pessimist , I would never leave anything until the last minute .

Re Entry Permit.

1,000 Baht for a single.

o so you apply for this before you leave Thailand , but then you must know all your dates , return dates too , flights numbers booked etc ? .

Personally being a major pessimist , I would never leave anything until the last minute .

You do not need to know dates, flights, etc. It is just a permit valid for the duration of your current permission to stay that allows you to leave and return whenever you like.

• Like 1

Re Entry Permit.

1,000 Baht for a single.

You do not need to know dates, flights, etc. It is just a permit valid for the duration of your current permission to stay that allows you to leave and return whenever you like.

so besides to cost , it's just a formality then , I just need my passport ( and money ) .

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Re Entry Permit.
1,000 Baht for a single.

so besides to cost , it's just a formality then , I just need my passport ( and money ) .

If you wish to call a reentry permit a formality so be it. Without such a "formality" any permission to stay secured from the o/a visa will be lost !

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

If you wish to call a reentry permit a formality so be it. Without such a "formality" any permission to stay secured from the o/a visa will be lost !

well what I mean is it shouldnt be a difcuilt task

Edited by ubonjoe
snipped excess quotes only 4 can be done

whistling.gif I like to think of a O-A "long stay" visa as the Rolls Royce of visas.

That is because it takes longer to get, has more requirements, and the cost is higher than any other visa.

Generally that means:

• You have to get a police records check and a doctor's check before you get it.
  • You need to get it (almost always) in your own home country.
  • It takes longer to get the approval for that kind of visa (a lot like waiting for a Rolls, you can't just walk in and get one the same day)
  • And getting one had more paperwork and such before you are approved for it. That is it is a "luxury" item.

I also don't remember the cost for the O-A visa but it is the most expensive visa.

For that expense and the time and effort of getting it the O-A visa gives you some definite advantages over all the other visas.

It gives you:

• Multiple entry to Thailand, with no restrictions. for the 1st year. No 90 day reporting required for that first year.
  • For the 2nd year just exit and re-enter just before it expires on the 1st year, and on re-entry you get another automatic one year extension for the 2nd year. You do need to do 90 day reporting that 2nd year and in the 2nd year you do need to purchase an exit re-entry permit if you want to travel in and out of Thailand often.

But it is still less hassle with immigration than any other visa.... much like driving a Rolls around and getting the best service from parking attendants.

The disadvantage, of course, is the cost and effort required to get it in the first place... much like a Rolls.

whistling.gif I like to think of a O-A "long stay" visa as the Rolls Royce of visas.

That is because it takes longer to get, has more requirements, and the cost is higher than any other visa.

Generally that means:

• You have to get a police records check and a doctor's check before you get it.
  • It takes longer to get the approval for that kind of visa (a lot like waiting for a Rolls, you can't just walk in and get one the same day)
  • And getting one had more paperwork and such before you are approved for it. That is it is a "luxury" item.

I also don't remember the cost for the O-A visa but it is the most expensive visa.

For that expense and the time and effort of getting it the O-A visa gives you some definite advantages over all the other visas.

It gives you:

• Multiple entry to Thailand, with no restrictions. for the 1st year. No 90 day reporting required for that first year.
  • For the 2nd year just exit and re-enter just before it expires on the 1st year, and on re-entry you get another automatic one year extension for the 2nd year. You do need to do 90 day reporting that 2nd year and in the 2nd year you do need to purchase an exit re-entry permit if you want to travel in and out of Thailand often.

But it is still less hassle with immigration than any other visa.... much like driving a Rolls around and getting the best service from parking attendants.

The disadvantage, of course, is the cost and effort required to get it in the first place... much like a Rolls.

Surely you have to do 90 day reports in the first year if you are in the kingdom for 90 consecutive days?????

Edited by mxyzptlk

"It gives you:

• For the 2nd year just exit and re-enter just before it expires on the 1st year, and on re-entry you get another automatic one year extension for the 2nd year. You do need to do 90 day reporting that 2nd year and in the 2nd year you do need to purchase an exit re-entry permit if you want to travel in and out of Thailand often."

As already mentioned, you do need to do 90 day reports if you stay longer than 90 days.

Also, it's a re-entry permit, not an exit re-entry permit.

• Like 1

Generally that means:

It gives you:

" Multiple entry to Thailand, with no restrictions. for the 1st year. No 90 day reporting required for that first year."

No, you have to do 90 day reports any time you remain in the country for 90 uninterrupted days.

"an exit re-entry permit "

You only need the permit to re-enter while preserving your extension of stay. No permission needed to exit. Thus the name a "re-entry permit."

Your Rolls Royce salesman misinformed you about the options available.

Edited by Suradit69

"However .. I must fly back to the UK on May27th possibly for 2-3 months .."

OP - when you return from this trip, it it important that you check whether the IO at BKK stamps you back in for another full year. I say this because when I returned to BKK from a trip back to the UK in 2009 the day before my O-A visa expired, the IO only stamped me back in for another 90 days initially, because he was under the impression that it was only an "O" visa thanks to the stamp which the London Embassy had plonked right on top of the visa obliterating the "-A" part! Thankfully, I spotted this error just in the nick of time and he corrected it without any fuss.

• Like 1

"However .. I must fly back to the UK on May27th possibly for 2-3 months .."

OP - when you return from this trip, it it important that you check whether the IO at BKK stamps you back in for another full year. I say this because when I returned to BKK from a trip back to the UK in 2009 the day before my O-A visa expired, the IO only stamped me back in for another 90 days initially, because he was under the impression that it was only an "O" visa thanks to the stamp which the London Embassy had plonked right on top of the visa obliterating the "-A" part! Thankfully, I spotted this error just in the nick of time and he corrected it without any fuss.

that's a great shout my friend , as just checking my passport the -M part is also covered by the stamp .. I'll make sure I take your advice and will even say him to him/ her on arrival .. " I'll get one year correct sir "