Thaivisa forum attitude

Dieselnoi

This is all psychological.

1. You live in Thailand (willingly) and enjoy your stay.

2. Along comes a bad day where you encounter Thai's behaving badly.

3. You browse TFV daily

On good days you don't feel like posting anything about your day because it's boring. But if you've just had a bad experience, you come running to TVF telling us what happened, warn us and relieve your frustration at the same time. This leaves the false impression that expats are always being treated as you described.

In short: There is more good than bad, but people don't talk about the good, instead they talk about the occasional bad.

So it are actually the Thaier than Thai members who are coursing the forum to find a negative post, and give us all a bad name.

I do not think any of the Thai persons with whom I have regular contact -- English speaking or not -- have even the slightest idea that ThaiVisa.com exists.

Do you understand the meaning of the phrase " Thaier than Thai"?

Yes.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things to remember:

1) rude posters and nose-picking drivers have a lot in common - they are enabled by their feelings of impunity. Think it over...

2) this forum exists for one and only one purpose: lining the pockets of its owner. As such, trainwrecks are held to a strategic level - enough to generate interest, but not so intense as to drive the average reader away. Everybody loves trainwrecks, so long as they aren't in the pathway. The owner of Thaivisa loves them, too, BECAUSE THEY GENERATE CLICKS.

3) people who don't understand the above, and invoke fairness and/or free speech are delusional.

See?

You should not say openly that this forum exists for the sole purpose of lining up the pockets of its owner...

Many posters on here are a bit on the cheap side and several are jealous of those fellow farangs who are successful in business and make a lot of money (A rich Thai successful in business being even worse, of course).

Better not insist too much on how much a click is worth ;)

But after all, I believe that even if the owner of this forum was known to make billions from all those negative and Thai bashing comments, the grumpy ones would still stick around (having nowhere else to go anyway).

Edited by gerry1011

Those of us who enjoy living in Thailand are not apologists, we are celebrationists for the friendly people, beautiful women, delicious food and gorgeous weather that make up this country.

Another term I reject is boring old fart. There is nothing boring about a fart, it can be humorous, distasteful and plain anti social but in no way is it boring. And it's not old too, thank god it's temporary otherwise many beer drinkers would be under lock and key for gross pollution of the environment.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I know this post will either deleted or removed shortlybut after observing the forum this is the attitude of many people on here. For example:

Thais did something bad - Oh Thais are disgusting!

Thais did something good - Wow, why can't they think of that a long time ago- so stupid of them.

Foreigners did something bad and on Thai news - Shut up Thais, go worry about your own problems.

I have read a lot of Thaivisa News Forum and it seems it really doesn't matter what the Thais do, somehow they're in the wrong and get the criticsm- really (approximately) only 5% of the comments are actually encouraging, praises, or positive to the Thais.

I am just amazed at these things that I have observed. I guarantee when you open a news forum the first comment will either be

1. Complaint about the Thais

2. Cynism comment about the Thais

3. Sarcastic comment about the Thais

These are just things that I have observed.

They need somewhere to vent their anger where they can hide their identity behind a key board

Also I just don't understand why if people dong like the Thais or the system then then cN always leave. Just a bunch of moaners cause they bored and bitter

It would be good for all of us if those who dont like Thailand pack their bags and go home to the paradise they left

It would be better if people found a forum more in line with their own views, rather than criticising the views of others on this forum.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I know this post will either deleted or removed shortlybut after observing the forum this is the attitude of many people on here. For example:

Thais did something bad - Oh Thais are disgusting!
Thais did something good - Wow, why can't they think of that a long time ago- so stupid of them.
Foreigners did something bad and on Thai news - Shut up Thais, go worry about your own problems.

I have read a lot of Thaivisa News Forum and it seems it really doesn't matter what the Thais do, somehow they're in the wrong and get the criticsm- really (approximately) only 5% of the comments are actually encouraging, praises, or positive to the Thais.

I am just amazed at these things that I have observed. I guarantee when you open a news forum the first comment will either be

1. Complaint about the Thais
2. Cynism comment about the Thais
3. Sarcastic comment about the Thais

These are just things that I have observed.

They need somewhere to vent their anger where they can hide their identity behind a key board

Also I just don't understand why if people dong like the Thais or the system then then cN always leave. Just a bunch of moaners cause they bored and bitter

It would be good for all of us if those who dont like Thailand pack their bags and go home to the paradise they left

It would be better if people found a forum more in line with their own views, rather than criticising the views of others on this forum.

If you mean dont disagree then I suggest you have your own forum with no members. No offence but you should listen to yourself and you would see how idiotic you sound

• 2 weeks later...

I vented on here back in 2012 under another id at that time, things we take for granted just dont happen here, but my overall experience of living here is positive, these days i am in a chilled mindset with TGF because thats what she expects when alone i can be that sarcastic farang when dripping with sweat some arse wont allow me to cross the street.

Things to remember:

1) rude posters and nose-picking drivers have a lot in common - they are enabled by their feelings of impunity. Think it over...

2) this forum exists for one and only one purpose: lining the pockets of its owner. As such, trainwrecks are held to a strategic level - enough to generate interest, but not so intense as to drive the average reader away. Everybody loves trainwrecks, so long as they aren't in the pathway. The owner of Thaivisa loves them, too, BECAUSE THEY GENERATE CLICKS.

3) people who don't understand the above, and invoke fairness and/or free speech are delusional.

See?

You should not say openly that this forum exists for the sole purpose of lining up the pockets of its owner...

Many posters on here are a bit on the cheap side and several are jealous of those fellow farangs who are successful in business and make a lot of money (A rich Thai successful in business being even worse, of course).

But after all, I believe that even if the owner of this forum was known to make billions from all those negative and Thai bashing comments, the grumpy ones would still stick around (having nowhere else to go anyway).

So what business is a business. What's the point of having a business if you don't line your pockets.

It's demand and supply. If people like they can use for free if not they don't have to a bit like the person who said "this forum exists only line the pockets of the owner"

The person who wrote that is moaning about moaning as the person is using this page to conduct a moan about the use of this page

It's madness

I agree allot of forangs on here seem penniless and jelous of the ones that do have a bit of dough.

I don't have allot only a few Ferraris and Rollas but I am not jelous of rich people

Ps for real I don't have much money but my mia nois do lol

Things to remember:

See?

So what business is a business. What's the point of having a business if you don't line your pockets.

It's demand and supply. If people like they can use for free if not they don't have to a bit like the person who said "this forum exists only line the pockets of the owner"

The person who wrote that is moaning about moaning as the person is using this page to conduct a moan about the use of this page

It's madness

I agree allot of forangs on here seem penniless and jelous of the ones that do have a bit of dough.

I don't have allot only a few Ferraris and Rollas but I am not jelous of rich people

Although it's hard to tell, I think we agree.

My main point is that this is not a forum regulated by the legal concept of 'free speech', nor is it meant to be 'fair'. It is just a business, and we all post here at the whim of the owner, whose own interests are the only ones that matter.

Other forums are more or less tightly moderated, depending on their own interests, and freedom of choice prevails.

I will say, however, that there is a core of childish and self-serving petulants who account for a very large percentage of argumentative posts on TVF, and contribute very little light, but a lot of heat. They draw fire, which means more clicks, and more sponduliks for George. I'm sure he's grateful...

For some time now, I have thought we should create a RANT thread. A place where anyone could have a rant at anything and only get a few supportive replies like, Who would have believed that, or Wow tell me more. A bit like Sybille Forty in Forty Towers. However, having read these last few posts I can see that such a thread would never work.

I meet a lot of people here, both Thai and foreign and I have yet to run into any foreigner that displays the level of negativism about Thailand and Thais as is demonstrated on a daily basis here on TV... I wonder why...

Things to remember:

See?

It's madness

Although it's hard to tell, I think we agree.

My main point is that this is not a forum regulated by the legal concept of 'free speech', nor is it meant to be 'fair'. It is just a business, and we all post here at the whim of the owner, whose own interests are the only ones that matter.

Other forums are more or less tightly moderated, depending on their own interests, and freedom of choice prevails.

I will say, however, that there is a core of childish and self-serving petulants who account for a very large percentage of argumentative posts on TVF, and contribute very little light, but a lot of heat. They draw fire, which means more clicks, and more sponduliks for George. I'm sure he's grateful...

We all agree, indeed.

Since I am a "pro-business capitalist" (with a big heart though), I allow myself to provide one additional click, to the benefit of the owner(s) of this forum. Always happy to help others make good business ;)

I think most of you get your knickers in a twist for nothing,,,,most posts involving so called Thai and Thailand bashing are light hearted,and not meant. If you live in the USA or The fxxxxxx EU

it would still be the same. Germany Turk bashing . UK Pakie bashing ( great fun ) Liverpool Pakie bashing London Pakie bashing

I think that anyone that lives in Thailand and posts a few comments about it, is only joking,and winding most of you up.....And that seem easy to do.

Positive or negative it really don't matter to me as long as it is true. I hate liars or people who make up stories to support an agenda.

I call a spade a spade and let the chips fall where they may.

Agree or disagree it is up to the individual.

I agree with you all the way here, unfortunately, you get the idiot members of the "if you don't like it go home brigade".

Thailand is the same as any country if you don't like it leave. I love my wife her country and our children and would not have it any other way. Thailand is how you accept it if you don't leave

Thailand, like any other countries has it's good and bad, but the good far outweighs the bad, don't join the "if you don't like it go home" brigade.

Just because some poster points out a negative, don't start telling them to leave, or go home.

Welcome to the forum, and enjoy your posting.

Thailand is the same as any country if you don't like it leave. I love my wife her country and our children and would not have it any other way. Thailand is how you accept it if you don't leave

Thailand, like any other countries has it's good and bad, but the good far outweighs the bad, don't join the "if you don't like it go home" brigade.

Just because some poster points out a negative, don't start telling them to leave, or go home.

To answer GO HOME . This is done by posters that have no humour,,,do not understand the post,,, are grumpy old sods,,also lost 2 world wars,and the 1966 cup final,,

Mostly smile.png

May your next cup of juice be filled to the brim with no ice.

I'm with the "if you don't like it go home crowd" only in one respect; the constant whiners about Thailand and Thai people.

they exist on this forum to constantly be negative. Many of them are just well known trolls winding the rest of us up, but there are truly unhappy people here who should consider going home.

I never jump on one negative but when I see the same poster with a negative a week for months on end....different story.

My personal shtick is, "if I don't like the city I live in, move. If I don't like my job, quit." Of course that's a matter of constantly weighing pros and cons.

For now, the pros outweigh the cons so much I enjoy life and work here. I don't even think about going home. One day?...Maybe?

I'm with the "if you don't like it go home crowd" only in one respect; the constant whiners about Thailand and Thai people.

they exist on this forum to constantly be negative. Many of them are just well known trolls winding the rest of us up, but there are truly unhappy people here who should consider going home.

I never jump on one negative but when I see the same poster with a negative a week for months on end....different story.

My personal shtick is, "if I don't like the city I live in, move. If I don't like my job, quit." Of course that's a matter of constantly weighing pros and cons.

For now, the pros outweigh the cons so much I enjoy life and work here. I don't even think about going home. One day?...Maybe?

In that case stop being negative,,,,Lighten up,,,,life is too short. if not Fxxk off homebiggrin.png

There's plenty to complain about, but I find less problems here than at home. I also think some people here think Pattaya is Thailand when in fact Pattaya is it's own little world and I has a culture quite alien to a lot of average Thais elsewhere.

May your next cup of juice be filled to the brim with no ice.

Oh it was, what happened was just a one off, it was in 'Auntie Annies', or something like that.

I think they sell mainly ice cream and drinks.

• 2 weeks later...

I know only Thais from the "inside " ( I mean, they don't speak English, they are normal and basic Thais )

1: all of them don't even know there are forums with farangs who speak about their country

2: they totally don't care what farangs think about them, they don't see and know many of them, they live their own life, they don't need us

Conclusion : Thai bashers waste their time and spend much energy for nothing : they will not change Thailand and Thai people

we just have to feel sorry for people who don't like the country where they live : as for me, I love Thailand and Thai people , I accept the way they are

Edited by Aforek