U-Tapow to Chiang Mai? Kan Air

LannaGuy

they cancelled the flight today from U-Tupao to Chiang Mai without informing customers

result? SEVEN hour taxi and re-booking with another company to Chiang Mai

Edited by Rimmer
Libellous comments in text topic title edited

Four threads about Kan Air now.

The three other ones:

Kan Air, new U-Tapao - Udon Thani route

Recent (2015) experiences with Kan Air?

Kan Air Starting Flights To/From Utapao To Isaan In May

Some good experiences, this one bad.

sorry - I posted one in the Chiang Mai forum and one in Pattaya as I though it relevant to warn others going both ways

as there were only 5 passengers at U-Tupao I suspect it was a financial decision to cancel although they said 'engine problem'

it caused me massive stress and inconvenience having to hire a taxi to Suvarnabhumi (they offered a van and a ticket to Chiang Mai via to Don Muang which is much further). Got refund and 1,500 taxi but lost much more and hours and hours of time

a simple phone call or SMS would have saved me massive headaches

Edited by LannaGuy

quote : they offered a van and a ticket to Chiang Mai via to Don Muang which is much further). Got refund and 1,500 taxi but lost much more and hours and hours of time.

That's a lot more than what you would get from many an airline.

Just saying.

Yermanee wai.gif

quote : they offered a van and a ticket to Chiang Mai via to Don Muang which is much further). Got refund and 1,500 taxi but lost much more and hours and hours of time.

That's a lot more than what you would get from many an airline.

Just saying.

Yermanee wai.gif

so that's ok then... when in fact most airlines SMS or phone or email when cancelling rather than let customers turn up!

left pattaya at 1pm arrived chiang mai 9pm

just saying thumbsup.gif

You turned down their minibus and their Don Muang ticket and took a taxi for 1500 baht from Pattaya to Suvarnabhumi instead?

What would the overall trip time and cost been if you had taken their option instead of flouncing?

I mean Don Meuang is easily less than an hour on the inter-airport shuttle so a minibus from U-Tapao shooting up 7 and the 9 ring road would have taken maybe 2 hours tops?

All this over what now?... a 990 baht air fare?

• Like 2

You turned down their minibus and their Don Muang ticket and took a taxi for 1500 baht from Pattaya to Suvarnabhumi instead?

What would the overall trip time and cost been if you had taken their option instead of flouncing?

I mean Don Meuang is easily less than an hour on the inter-airport shuttle so a minibus from U-Tapao shooting up 7 and the 9 ring road would have taken maybe 2 hours tops?

All this over what now?... a 990 baht air fare?

are you nutz?

Don Muang is further than Suvarnapom

'shooting up the ting road'? you have obviously never done that trip with all the road works and yesterdays rain - what an ignorant post

I just made an online booking for this journey and return to Pattaya in early June. What I've learnt from this is that I think I will call them at least once in the morning on the day I'm travelling so I can be prepared for the worst.

But if there is a cancellation it wouldn't bother me if I had to go to DM . I would settle for anything as long as I'm not worse off.

Edited by Asiantravel

I just made an online booking for this journey and return to Pattaya in early June. What I've learnt from this is that I think I will call them at least once in the morning on the day I'm travelling so I can be prepared for the worst.

But if there is a cancellation it wouldn't bother me if I had to go to DM . I would settle for anything as long as I'm not worse off.

yup call them but they should call you

yup call them but they should call you

Actually I do have to concede that communications with passengers is probably one of their weakest points.

Before I made my booking I sent them an email asking certain questions on two occasions and neither email was answered then I discovered that the email address shown on their website is out of date.

A small airline like this needs to ensure that passengers can communicate with them easily and not updating their email address on their website isn't something they can afford to do.

I have since sent them another email to their new address asking questionsabout my flight and haven't received a response to that yet.

• Like 1

Actually I do have to concede that communications with passengers is probably one of their weakest points.

Before I made my booking I sent them an email asking certain questions on two occasions and neither email was answered then I discovered that the email address shown on their website is out of date.

A small airline like this needs to ensure that passengers can communicate with them easily and not updating their email address on their website isn't something they can afford to do.

I have since sent them another email to their new address asking questionsabout my flight and haven't received a response to that yet.

Their phone number is correct. Mrs NL has called them twice with questions with no problems reported.