My first 90 days report at Jomtien Immigration

then replaced my report slip.

If it was your first report, what were they replacing? Had you done a previous report at a different office?

And if you had a previous report slip, couldn't they just use the bar code on your last report?

I was there Tuesday and they just used the bar code reader and stapled the printout in my passport as they've done the last two or three times. No TM.47 required.

• Like 1

If it was your first report, what were they replacing? Had you done a previous report at a different office?

And if you had a previous report slip, couldn't they just use the bar code on your last report?

I was there Tuesday and they just used the bar code reader and stapled the printout in my passport as they've done the last two or three times. No TM.47 required.

+1...My experience exactly.

Instead of just accepting the OP for what it is, namely a complement to Jomtien Immigration Office, why is it necessary to subject the poster to your version of the Spanish Inquisition?

Incidentally, I agree with the OP that Jomtien Office is a very customer friendly efficient office.

• Like 1

Yeah, last time they told me that next time I just need to bring in my passport (with the previous 90 Day slip in it).

Unfortunately my next "90 Day" report time is exactly 1 week after my extension of stay expires so I guess I need to renew that instead !

Instead of just accepting the OP for what it is, namely a complement to Jomtien Immigration Office, why is it necessary to subject the poster to your version of the Spanish Inquisition?

Incidentally, I agree with the OP that Jomtien Office is a very customer friendly efficient office.

Oh nonsense. I am highly appreciative of the good service at Jomtien and have posted comments on a number of occasions complimenting them. I just did my 90 report using the bar code method and was just asking the O/P for some clarification.

There was nothing hostile in my post as opposed to yours. I was asking a question to understand why he needed to use the TM.47. That's the point of having a discussion forum.

he said it was his first 90 day report tm 47 needed he would not have a bar code you don't automatically get a bar code.

No, he said it was his first report at Jomtien ...

Which is why I asked what he meant when he said "then replaced my report slip. "

I thought he might have meant it was his first report at Jomtien and that he had done other reports at a different office. If he had done a report at another office, I would have thought that bar code would still work at Jomtien.

Edited by Suradit69

When I was there a few days ago, going early due to the impending holiday, it was quite smooth.

Went after lunch, 10 before me, in and out in maybe 20 minutes. No 'hurry'. In fact a couple of young girls seem to have got this onerous task now.

Probably try the internet next time.

Since the online / Internet 90 day report system is working at Jomtien, I would be more interested if the OP got the Immigration Officer that inputs your data into the computer, not the quibble over replaced my report slip (which I take to mean the lower portion of the TM 47)

Edited by Langsuan Man

In Chachoengsao immigration last time I just handed in my Passport, waited a while, I could see a girl working in front of a computer with my Passport in front of her. Then I got it back with the slip in Passport all printed out with the new reporting date and all. I realize they must have us all on record now in some database server somewhere that can probably be very easily hacked.

In Chachoengsao immigration last time I just handed in my Passport, waited a while, I could see a girl working in front of a computer with my Passport in front of her. Then I got it back with the slip in Passport all printed out with the new reporting date and all. I realize they must have us all on record now in some database server somewhere that can probably be very easily hacked.

And what would a "hacker" do with all that information in the database ?

Spam us with viagara ad's

Next time if you want to do your 90 day report on line you will be grateful for that DB

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'll be reporting next week for the fist time in a year. What documents will be required in addition to the completed TM 47 form? What photo copies? Proof of address? Has anything changed. I don't have a current slip.

Anyone know, can you do your 1st 90 day report online?

I see no reason why you should not be able to do it. It would certainly be worth trying it.

It will up to your local office to approve or disapprove the application. The worst case is having it disapproved and still having to do it at the office.

• Like 1