Troops, police raid Peace TV to disrupt Chavalit's interview

webfact

typical red shirt thinking, we can do as we please and no one can stop us. How long before they start killing and blowing things up again because they dont get their way, ptp just gave them a carte blanche to do as they please and they still think it applies. They should dismantle the broadcasting equipment and hit them with massive fines and jail time, the law is there to be followed not toyed with

Especially if the law is arbitrarily imposed by a self appointed military junta, and is being used to silence criticism and stifle the opposition, you old champion of freedom of speech and democracy you!

It is not criticism, it is one super rich criminal who want to appoint himself as premier again. If you buy parties, MPs and elections than you aren't much better than the junta. But Prayuth, if you agree or disagree with this politics, isn't a criminal on the run, isn't running from and endless amount of court cases and didn't kill 3000 people like Thaksin in the war against drugs...

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No danger of the army or police raiding a TV station in the US - we have our freedom of speech. There are media who hate Obama, and others who praise him, yet both can co-exist

Hence I'm confused why some TVF posters applaud this action here. Perhaps they have gone native (Bangkok style) and forgotten their civics training.

But they raided the Guardian in UK....

That's the UK, and not the US that tx22cb was talking about. Or did you somehow confuse the two? coffee1.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

You need to understand that people will resist an un-elected Junta that has overthrown a Government the vast majority has voted for , Not scold them for breaking the Juntas rules. There are not all sheep , as many on here are

This "vast majority" would be the 48.41% that voted for PTP in 2011, is that correct? And I can't help but think your "sheep" reference is twisted the wrong way around.

And thanks, I understand things here quite well.

Ok mate, I just don't think we should mock or dismiss their right to protest or show dislike for a regime that ousted "Their" government, they have a right to P'ssed off.

Sure ... but they don't have a right to pick and choose which laws to follow and they don't have the right to stage violent protests or encourage/participate in grenade attacks on civilians when things aren't going the way they want them to. That applies to both sides of this.

In the same way, the 4-year cycle of elections, protests, shootings, grenade attacks, coups, rewrites of the "constitution" etc are just as bad and help no one.

I've watched both sides of this all for the past decade or so, and (although I'm no big fan of the "yellow" side), in my (less than) humble opinion, the "red" side (i.e. Thaksin and his cronies) will stop at nothing to get their own way, and the lies that come out of their mouths any time one of them speaks are despicable.

typical red shirt thinking, we can do as we please and no one can stop us. How long before they start killing and blowing things up again because they dont get their way, ptp just gave them a carte blanche to do as they please and they still think it applies. They should dismantle the broadcasting equipment and hit them with massive fines and jail time, the law is there to be followed not toyed with

Especially if the law is arbitrarily imposed by a self appointed military junta, and is being used to silence criticism and stifle the opposition, you old champion of freedom of speech and democracy you!

It is not criticism, it is one super rich criminal who want to appoint himself as premier again. If you buy parties, MPs and elections than you aren't much better than the junta. But Prayuth, if you agree or disagree with this politics, isn't a criminal on the run, isn't running from and endless amount of court cases and didn't kill 3000 people like Thaksin in the war against drugs...

Says who? You or Thaksin? I have not read anywhere that Thaksin himself has stated he wants to return to Thailmas and be the PM again, have you any news links to support what you and many others keep saying?

Do you honestly believe that knowing the shitstorm that went down with the 2014 protests that he honestly thinks he could just walk back in and everything will be okay?

If the amnesty bill proposal was enough to bring Bangkok to a snails pace, and being out a huge protest, what do you think would happen if Thaksin even tried to become PM?

Considering the purge that's ongoing right now by the junta, do you seriously believe, or Thaksin seriously believes they will simply step aside and hand him he keys to the office and a cushion for the big chair?

There is more chance of life being found on the moon than Thaksin returning to Thailand as PM within the next 5-10 years. Even he knows it's not going to happen.

Says who? You or Thaksin? I have not read anywhere that Thaksin himself has stated he wants to return to Thailmas and be the PM again, have you any news links to support what you and many others keep saying?

Do you honestly believe that knowing the shitstorm that went down with the 2014 protests that he honestly thinks he could just walk back in and everything will be okay?

If the amnesty bill proposal was enough to bring Bangkok to a snails pace, and being out a huge protest, what do you think would happen if Thaksin even tried to become PM?

Considering the purge that's ongoing right now by the junta, do you seriously believe, or Thaksin seriously believes they will simply step aside and hand him he keys to the office and a cushion for the big chair?

There is more chance of life being found on the moon than Thaksin returning to Thailand as PM within the next 5-10 years. Even he knows it's not going to happen.

Perhaps he is the reason they are leaving room for an "Un-Elected Prime Minister" in the new constitution biggrin.png

He might not say it out loud, but I do believe that Thaksin still thinks that he's the "people's" champion, and his actions and involvement over the years show this quite clearly.

We're due for a very big shakeup someday in the not too distant future, and then we'll see how unlikely Thaksin's return actually is. Depending on "who" takes over, (from the gossip and reports I've read/heard) I'd say there is a very good chance he'll be back in town.

You need to understand that people will resist an un-elected Junta that has overthrown a Government the vast majority has voted for , Not scold them for breaking the Juntas rules. There are not all sheep , as many on here are

This "vast majority" would be the 48.41% that voted for PTP in 2011, is that correct? And I can't help but think your "sheep" reference is twisted the wrong way around.

And thanks, I understand things here quite well.

Ok mate, I just don't think we should mock or dismiss their right to protest or show dislike for a regime that ousted "Their" government, they have a right to P'ssed off.

Sure ... but they don't have a right to pick and choose which laws to follow and they don't have the right to stage violent protests or encourage/participate in grenade attacks on civilians when things aren't going the way they want them to. That applies to both sides of this.

In the same way, the 4-year cycle of elections, protests, shootings, grenade attacks, coups, rewrites of the "constitution" etc are just as bad and help no one.

I've watched both sides of this all for the past decade or so, and (although I'm no big fan of the "yellow" side), in my (less than) humble opinion, the "red" side (i.e. Thaksin and his cronies) will stop at nothing to get their own way, and the lies that come out of their mouths any time one of them speaks are despicable.

Ok buddy , I'm not a great fan of any political parties or politicians here, but I'm not overly enthusiastic about Junta's or rule by decree. Lets see what the constitution holds in future ,lets hope it is a level playing feild

The army really is terrified and losing the plot it seems.

Not really. It just shows the stupidity and ignorance of "Peace TV" who have already been shut down at least once.

Thay are so arrogant that they STILL don't believe that the law applies to them also.

do you mean the law of free speech? Oh no, wait a minute...

Agree. I wonder when the actual interview took place. If within the last 1 or 2 days then there is a case that chavalit should have refused to participate and should refrained from encouraging them to ignore rules and regulations, especially when they have received an order to close down their broadcasts.

Did anybody see the broadcast? What was the gist of the discussion?

Not really. It just shows the stupidity and ignorance of "Peace TV" who have already been shut down at least once.

Thay are so arrogant that they STILL don't believe that the law applies to them also.

Exactly , similar to The French Resistance and the Russian Partisans. They were so arrogant they wouldn't let the Germans do what they wanted without "Interfering". But the Germans followed the law and shot them all

Similar, except the French Resistance were not blockading Paris, trying their hardest to burn it down, attacking the French Army, and killing their own people on the streets, when the Germans were not there.

Actually an insult to compare the French Resistance to the redshirt terrorists.

Exactly , similar to The French Resistance and the Russian Partisans. They were so arrogant they wouldn't let the Germans do what they wanted without "Interfering". But the Germans followed the law and shot them all

Similar, except the French Resistance were not blockading Paris, trying their hardest to burn it down, attacking the French Army, and killing their own people on the streets, when the Germans were not there.

The line," Thay are so arrogant that they STILL don't believe that the law applies to them also".: I find insulting to people who want to resist Dictatorship for there freedom and rights. Almost as if they should except they have been defeated by a military intervention and should now go away and stop making trouble, dismissive rubbish

Edited by ExPratt

I can only hope that you are being ironic.

What some of you guys fail to understand why this interview was blocked. Chavalit has had a very dubious role in the red unrests.

and he's got a long term 'dubious' track record going back decades

"...Troops and police raided the Peace TV satellite TV station at 11 pm Wednesday to end the broadcast of an interview of former prime minister Gen Chavalit Yongchaiyudh..."

The current government at its worst. Let's face it, they are not stamping our insurrection, they are stamping out the opposition party before the next elections. They are systematically grinding them into the ground and it's so patently obvious.

"...They did not find Chavalit there because the station was airing his recorded interview..."

...and their dumbest.

No danger of the army or police raiding a TV station in the US - we have our freedom of speech. There are media who hate Obama, and others who praise him, yet both can co-exist

Hence I'm confused why some TVF posters applaud this action here. Perhaps they have gone native (Bangkok style) and forgotten their civics training.

so you believe TV channels in the west can broadcast anything they like unhindered, are you serious

there is nothing remotely close to the red terrorist propaganda channel so called "peace tv" in west - such channels would never get a licence in the first place, it would be like the IRA UVF ISIS trying to have their own TV in the UK - a completely ridiculous thought

Which law is that - one from the military imposed constitution that was overthrown by the military. Hey maybe the military should obey the law?

typical red shirt thinking, we can do as we please and no one can stop us.

And you don't think the same applies to the junta ... Only difference is that they currently have the power to force their views on everyone

The difference is - The government is trying to improve people's lives and these agitators are trying to (indirectly) destroy them!!

So there is no more to France than Paris, no more to Thailand than Bangkok. Right you are...

so you believe TV channels in the west can broadcast anything they like unhindered, are you serious

there is nothing remotely close to the red terrorist propaganda channel so called "peace tv" in west - such channels would never get a licence in the first place, it would be like the IRA UVF ISIS trying to have their own TV in the UK - a completely ridiculous thought

What was it about the interview that was so bad?

To many Generals in Thailand they should all be at home in their barracks planning action against the Chinese invasion and how to win battles not how to shut up a TV channel from having an interview with an old has been general time to hand back to the Thai citizen's the power of Thailand and just have the privy council running things as usual or this whole Junta game is going to come to a bad ending.

It is becoming more clear every day that democracy in Thailand has one meaning and a very different meaning in Democratic countries.

Really the laugh is on the military and made a fool of themself. First they thought it was live and actually went searching for the General. First laugh. It was actually a repeat broadcast with the first broadcast on Wednesday morning. Second laugh. Above all,the interview had nothing to do with the UDD or even the charter. Reserved the biggest launch for the junta arse kissers here. It was about the restive south.

Don't compare the 'freedoms' in the United States to what's happening here.

When was the last time you had bombs exploding and armed rebels(oh sorry, peaceful protestors. Hah!) trying to overthrow the government? This with the aid of 'neutral' 'Peace' TV stations egging on the crowd? Or idiots going on stage calling for the burning of Bangkok and cheering when bombs blow up kids?

Things have been pretty peaceful since the Army took over. That's good enough for most people.

Looked a bit like that in Baltimore this week. Actually, it reminded me of Bangkok in 2010, but the "peaceful protestors" didn't burn nearly as much and they didn't appear to have automatic weapons and bombs.

Edited by bubba

What's wrong with these people at Peace TV?

Don't they know there is a Military Junta that took over the country that bans free press?

typical red shirt thinking, we can do as we please and no one can stop us.

And you don't think the same applies to the junta ... Only difference is that they currently have the power to force their views on everyone

The difference is - The government is trying to improve people's lives and these agitators are trying to (indirectly) destroy them!!

Somebody didn't do their homework.

Try reading up on Thai history....and not the stuff they "let you read".

Using the example of WWII resistance to the Nazis is as valid now as then. Remember "Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it."

If the junta is so sure of their rightness they should allow opposing speech and let the people see for themselves that they are the good guys. But since they know they are an illegal takeover government they can't allow free speech.

"I disapprove of what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it." (attributed to Voltaire)