What time does the Mayweather vs Pacquiao fight start in Thailand and how can I watch it?

It was never going to rival the Thrilla in Manila or The Rumble in the Jungle. After all the hype, I reckon I've seen more entertaining pillow fights. Leonard, Hagler and Hearns must have been falling asleep in their rockers. $300M for that? That's a sign of how sad this world has become, priorities are in entirely the wrong order.

I wonder how many in rural Nepal sat watching enthralled?!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To quote a blogger from the Daily Telegraphs reports of the fight a guy called Ian Harrison has this fight summed up correctly.

After watching this fight, how anyone can say Mayweather won this fight on the skill of his boxing could not be further than the truth. If he is such a great "boxer", why whenever Pacquiao was unleashing an attack did he not "Box" his way out of trouble? instead of using last ditch tactics like grabbing and holding opponents , or failing that just run away. The only people who hit and run away are cowards. I think Mayweather chose his fighting technique of avasive, defensive wrestling with the occasional jab is because if he was drawn into an actual toe to toe boxing match, he would probably lose. People might think that's untrue and he would have won by doing that anyway......so why didn't he? People paid a lot of money to see a boxing match between 2 boxers. Only one of them boxed. Just because you avoid losing doesn't mean you win.

This is just one more blogger who doesn't know the scoring rules for boxing. He apparently also can't count landed punches.

Agree.

It is amazing how many people are suddenly boxing experts all of a sudden.

Boxing is about hitting and not getting hit.

People seem to think it's about standing in front of the other guy and taking a beating. It's not. It's about movement and defense as well.

Floyd is the best defensive fighter in the world. His counter punching, speed and movement made Manny chase him around the ring and look like an amateur. His size and reach left Manny on the outside eating jabs all night. Floyd had done his homework. He knew what Manny was capable of and he neutralized it. That's called being a smart fighter.

And that's why Floyd is undefeated, undisputed and still pretty. Manny tried, but he just wasn't on the same level as Floyd.

Floyd just did what he had to do to win and take home the $200million.

To quote a blogger from the Daily Telegraphs reports of the fight a guy called Ian Harrison has this fight summed up correctly.

After watching this fight, how anyone can say Mayweather won this fight on the skill of his boxing could not be further than the truth. If he is such a great "boxer", why whenever Pacquiao was unleashing an attack did he not "Box" his way out of trouble? instead of using last ditch tactics like grabbing and holding opponents , or failing that just run away. The only people who hit and run away are cowards. I think Mayweather chose his fighting technique of avasive, defensive wrestling with the occasional jab is because if he was drawn into an actual toe to toe boxing match, he would probably lose. People might think that's untrue and he would have won by doing that anyway......so why didn't he? People paid a lot of money to see a boxing match between 2 boxers. Only one of them boxed. Just because you avoid losing doesn't mean you win.

This is just one more blogger who doesn't know the scoring rules for boxing. He apparently also can't count landed punches.

Agree.

People seem to think it's about standing in front of the other guy and taking a beating. It's not. It's about movement and defense as well.

Floyd is the best defensive fighter in the world. His counter punching, speed and movement made Manny chase him around the ring and look like an amateur. His size and reach left Manny on the outside eating jabs all night. Floyd had done his homework. He knew what Manny was capable of and he neutralized it. That's called being a smart fighter.

And that's why Floyd is undefeated, undisputed and still pretty. Manny tried, but he just wasn't on the same level as Floyd.

Mike Tyson wasn't impressed either with May weathers lack luster performance.

https://mobile.twitter.com/miketyson/status/594736142286659584

The entire country of the Phillipines is up in arms. A rematch is needed.

Agree.

Mike Tyson wasn't impressed either with May weathers lack luster performance.

https://mobile.twitter.com/miketyson/status/594736142286659584

The entire country of the Phillipines is up in arms. A rematch is needed.

He may not have enjoyed it, but he does not disagree with the decision. Just idly searching for online Philippines news, none of the quotes either say it was the wrong decision.

So we have literally no commentators, pro boxers, current or retired, pundits who thought Pacman won, but seemingly you know different? It is fairly obvious that a hell of a lot of non boxing fans bought into the hype surrounding the fight and have no understanding on how fights are scored, including you. Not one respected person in the boxing world has any problem with the scores and decision.

It was not a great fight or a close fight, so a rematch seems pointless. Unfortunately Mayweather despite his style which is not exciting for those who enjoy a tear up, is just to shrewd a boxer to get dragged into a brawl when it is not necessary for him to do so.

I didn't care who won and I still don't, but it seemed to me that the Filipino threw and landed way more puches and dominated the fight. I wouldn't be surprised if corruption played a part here, and would be interested to see a few independent analysis of the fight stats, I wouldn't trust the figures that the judges claim they saw.

I had three spread bets riding on Pacman, alas he should have fought his own fight which he didn't or Maywheather it can be argued did not allow. The Money did get away with a lot from the Ref in most rounds - holding, holding and puching etc - could be argued he should at one stage have had a point deducted it was so blatant.

As for class, well no; class boxers do not do cheap tricks like that they are good enough and have honour. Rate of punches; No way did the Money land more punches than Pacman, but however I think IMO it was the correct result. Manny could have done more and got stuck into him him and had a right tear up but he didn't, and as we all know Maywheather is the better boxer, is hard to nali the guy and hence he fought his fight, so credit has to go to the Money.

My heart was Manny my head was Mayweather - I guess like millions of others... (was a bit of a let down really, even the under card was not much Kop)

Think the fans shown who was their real Champ in the little humble man - and even though Mayweather takes a BiG purse, thats gotta hurt knowing that right there, $$$ do not buy everthing but as he said, when the history books are written it will show as a win and undefeated which you have to give credit for - Nuff said.

Maybe could have done with Jimmy Joe on the undercard, He'll fight any man...

Edited by Lokie

Why is it split 60 - 40 .... Mayweather to get 60% ??

Why wouldn't it be 60% for he winner & 40 for the loser ... ?? it don't seem fair .... ' but nothin's fair in boxin '

coffee1.gif

I watched the fight and agree nothing is fair in boxing. Looks like they were setting up for round 2 of a rematch and another big payday. Glad I did not pay those outrageous prices for a ticket. Muhamed Ali in his heyday could have flattened both of them at the same time. Your right the winner should should have gotten 60% Oh well the paychecks for both were not to shabby.

Statistics prove that 94% of all statistics in this world now come from TVF, LOL.

Money won that fight going away and perhaps because it was so easy and Pacman was thrashing around seeming to work so hard, some people might think he won. By the scoring rules in boxing, Money landed the most punches and had the best game plan. Punches that hit defensive items such as gloves don't count.

The fight is over. It's extensively video recorded. They have counted the number of punches attempted and the number that were successful for each boxer. The facts won't change and the worldwide media has accepted the verdict.

No matter how many people replay that fight in slow motion while counting the scoring punches, it's going to be Money ever time by a very good margin.

Carry on with the moaning, LOL....

For all the hype and all the money involved some blood should have been shed. Neither boxer stepped up and took any crazy chances. The only losers were the viewers who paid good money to see. In the states the cost for a sports bar to show the fight was outragiously expensive.

For all the hype and all the money involved some blood should have been shed. Neither boxer stepped up and took any crazy chances. The only losers were the viewers who paid good money to see. In the states the cost for a sports bar to show the fight was outragiously expensive.

Because Floyd didn't have to.

It was a master class on defensive boxing, keeping your opponent on the end of a stiff jab, being elusive, movement and covering up when necessary.

Manny was the one that needed to take chances. He was at the end of a 10cm reach disadvantage, so he had to get inside and he just couldn't hit Floyd the few times that he did.

Have to agree with Dlock analysis...that being said, a lot of the fault for Pacman failing(other than Mayweather's superior skill) lays with the inability of Roach to come up with an effective strategy......in the build up to the fight, all we heard was that Roach had figured out the best way to win and solve the Mayweather defense....instead what we saw was basically 12 rounds of samesame but different....Pacman lunged in from the outside past the sweetspot due to his lesser reach and then was in too close ....which caused him to flail aimlessly against Mayweather arms before Mayweather slipped off the ropes....

Roach should have had a Plan B and maybe even a Joe Frazier style rough em up inside game with better hooks, body shots, and uppercuts.....however even with that the outcome may have not changed.....it may be just a case of the better man winning

Agree.

When I was young a bigger stronger foe went to beat the daylights out of me.

Boxing had taught me to react and move my head out of the way and body where possible.

I managed to hit my foe hard enough to render him unable to get me that day .

Had I won ?

Well yes .

But it wasn't really a fight.

In a real fight I would have been beaten to a pulp.

But I out- boxed the foe through sheer fear and self preservation.

Yesterday's fight was embarrassing in one respect.

Mayweather appeared at times frightened and even his corner eluded to him running too much.

But at the end of the day the boxing Match was won by him.

But the world was left with no doubt who the better "man "" was.

The difference between past greats was that they stood their ground and went toe to toe.

That's what most males see as a real fight.

Promote it as a boxing match ......not fight .

It was never going to be that.

• 2 weeks later...

Imagine to have paid Money to Watch this piece of sh1t-boxing - I almost fell a sleep several times, so extremely boring - this Mayweather is a joke, unbelievable that he has never lost as pro - it must be a lousy competition these years in pro-boxing

Imagine to have paid Money to Watch this piece of sh1t-boxing - I almost fell a sleep several times, so extremely boring - this Mayweather is a joke, unbelievable that he has never lost as pro - it must be a lousy competition these years in pro-boxing

You really do display a lot of hatred in your posts. This makes me suspect you're a UDD supporter?

If Mayweather was a Nigerian I would dread to read your comments after seeing yet again your polarized hatred for them as well.