300,000 Baht Dowry paid at Cock-Hen Wedding

webfact

300,000 Baht Dowry Paid at Cock-Hen Wedding
By Khaosod English

14308148141430814920l.jpg
A traditional Thai wedding was held for a cockfighting rooster and hen in Chonburi province.

CHONBURI — A rooster and a hen tied the knot in Chonburi province today, a union that their owners hope will produce talented birds for cockfighting tournaments.

The wedding, which took place in a village in Ban Bueng district this morning, was modeled after a traditional Thai wedding with monks' prayer, wedding parade, and dowry.

The “groom,” a rooster called Yod Makham, is an experienced gamecock that has never lost a match, said his owner, Weerachai Charunet. Weerachai, 54, estimated that Yod Makham is worth at least one million baht.

The rooster first met his “bride,” Dok Mai Fai, when he defeated her in a cockfighting match two years ago, said Dok Mai Fai's owner, Saman Thongkam, 40. Upon seeing the rooster's skills, Saman said he immediately wanted to breed the two birds.

"In that match, my [bird] was defeated in both scores and punches. It was a complete defeat," Saman told reporters. Saman said he spent many months convincing Weerachai to agree to the "marriage." Weerachai eventually conceded, and received 300,000 baht in cash as a dowry from Saman at the ceremony today.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1430814814

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-05-05

Does anyone else see something just slightly wrong here "The rooster first met his “bride,” Dok Mai Fai, when he defeated her in a cock fighting match two years ago,".

My bold.

Evidently the bride has had a sex change.

Yeah, I see something slightly wrong. A bunch of grown men acting like sadistic little schoolboys, with the connivance of a nation which has banned gambling on cock fights but not the disgusting spectacle itself.

I know guys that have paid millions on sin sod for girls from the bar with kids and multiple ex husbands......ten years from know it will be the.norm

I have one guy I know who moved here for a well paying job......six months before his wife was due to arrive....by the time she gets here....he is in love wirh a go go dancer and they are divorced and he is moving ti Issan....with his money......

I know guys that have paid millions on sin sod for girls from the bar with kids and multiple ex husbands......ten years from know it will be the.norm

I have one guy I know who moved here for a well paying job......six months before his wife was due to arrive....by the time she gets here....he is in love wirh a go go dancer and they are divorced and he is moving ti Issan....with his money......

LOL

It's mind boggling stupid to me....the whole cock fighting thing. And this is ridiculous! A dowry of 300.000. Morons, you can't live with em but its illegal to shot them!

aYou guys are missing the whole point it was a straight up business arangement the guy was paid to allow for mateing of the two birds. The undefeated bird has recieved a stud fee, geez a few of you have been here to long time to go back homw so you can shed your hate for all things Thai.

Shows what monks think of their own status and beliefs by taking part in this ' marriage '.

Sorry, they would have been paid.

The belief of monks is quite fluid if money is involved.

Fluid:

used to describe something that can change easily or that changes often

aYou guys are missing the whole point it was a straight up business arangement the guy was paid to allow for mateing of the two birds. The undefeated bird has recieved a stud fee, geez a few of you have been here to long time to go back homw so you can shed your hate for all things Thai.

you are 'missing' the point that this is a cruel, barbaric and disgusting practice and you should lose your rose-coloured blinkers about Thais

That sometimes happens when you let your cock get out of sight... especially in Bangkok. What on earth was she thinking?

Does anyone else see something just slightly wrong here "The rooster first met his “bride,” Dok Mai Fai, when he defeated her in a cock fighting match two years ago,".

My bold.

Evidently the bride has had a sex change.

ehhh.... you never heard of lady coks ?

Yeah, I see something slightly wrong. A bunch of grown men acting like sadistic little schoolboys, with the connivance of a nation which has banned gambling on cock fights but not the disgusting spectacle itself.

ahhh.... thainess at its best .

This is just as stupid as the farangs that pay a dowry to marry a bar girl with 2 kids..LOL

You obviously can not see past your wallet. While some foreigners have not married into the same social class as their wife's family, there are certainly many foreign men who gladly help their Thai wives and families recover from the stupid, immature, and lazy Thai men they've made mistakes with. Your use of this forum about two chickens to make a snide remark about Thai women with kids and the foreigners who marry those women speaks to your lack of knowledge and your lack of compassion. I hope you had a chance to read the previous comments I made before they were deleted. (I'm expecting your mom to come by again tonight)... LOL.