Aussie boy gets hair caught in Phuket airport escalator

webfact

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunate some parens seems to believe that "now when we are not at home we can let our kids do what ever they want".

Not so long time ago there was an arabic foreign family at BugerKing Siam, and their kid was running around the staff behind the counter, and the parents did not care, the staff brought the kid back to the parent, and they kept an eye on the boy for a few seconds then that boy was running around in the kitchen.

The staff brought the boy out, and the parents more looked like they were wondering what the staff was doing bringing the kid out rather than where have our boy been. After that one staff started to hinder him by the cashier so he could not get in again. And he tried, a lot.

How could they not care about their kid running around in the kitchen, First of hygienic reasons, but maybe more, boiling oil, knifes, hot stoves, slippery floors...

No joking matter. In the Netherlands, once a young woman with very long hair died after her hair was caught in the escalator.

Yes the Thai Visa comedians are out in force. Kids can and will play on escalators and if you were not there don't comment why it happened as its irrelevant.

Hopefully he will make a full recovery ,the kid must have been traumatised.

Why on earth was he playing on an escalator ? I know kids will be kids but hopefully after this experience his family will be paying more attention to him in the future. These things can be dangerous and are not play areas.

Quite agree, but with a family of 9, it was maybe a case of "Well, I thought you were looking after him!"

Unfortunate some parens seems to believe that "now when we are not at home we can let our kids do what ever they want".

Not so long time ago there was an arabic foreign family at BugerKing Siam, and their kid was running around the staff behind the counter, and the parents did not care, the staff brought the kid back to the parent, and they kept an eye on the boy for a few seconds then that boy was running around in the kitchen.

The staff brought the boy out, and the parents more looked like they were wondering what the staff was doing bringing the kid out rather than where have our boy been. After that one staff started to hinder him by the cashier so he could not get in again. And he tried, a lot.

How could they not care about their kid running around in the kitchen, First of hygienic reasons, but maybe more, boiling oil, knifes, hot stoves, slippery floors...

Yes, certain nationalities do not seem to know how to discipline their kids or "bring them up right" and unfortunately there will be accidents because of this. Again, unfortunately, the parents will think they have done no wrong, and will be blaming all and sundry for something which happened because of their ignorance.

They are not climbing frames, however on the same note why are there no climbing frames and play areas for kids in Airports? After all it is the one thing that is guaranteed to bore the crap out of the kids and keep you waiting for several hours.

Similar incident happened in 2012 at Future Park Rangsit. http://www.nationmultimedia.com/new/2012/09/11/national/images/30190147-01_big.jpg

Don't let your children play on the escalators. Personally I'm afraid of heights and think that the barriers are to short. Safety can only be assured by having more security guards patrolling our shopping malls. Please implement. this especially in light of recent events on Samui. The more safety the better.

An uplifting story about quick thinking. The boy came within a eyelash of catastrophy. I hear the boy is doing well.

Thank goodness for the hare fast security gaurd. Unfortunalty this may be the first of many hairpulling experiances

the family will encounter in the Land of cheap pompadour. article-2144012-1310BA6A000005DC-530_634

Play at home.....my Mom and Dad told me that I could have my arm ripped off if I played with an esclolator....fear of God...still have both arms......Yet I see kids playing with them all the time.....same as with a fork into a plug......PARENTING 101

I think I remember a foreign boy near losing some fingers at Tuk Com Pattaya a few years back.

I witnessed an interesting incident at the Shanghai airport where there was a whole lot of shoving and the all went over like dominos.

Kudos to the fast thinking airport worker and also glad the boy is okay.

As for the "hair" related jokes, they are juvenile at best. I find no humour in the pain and misery of others.

I remember a Thai girl in a shopping mall got her head stuck between the escalator and the wall, and was left in a comma, why do they not have the safety plastic between the wall and the escalator as in many western places, to stop this happening.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Why on earth was he playing on an escalator ? I know kids will be kids but hopefully after this experience his family will be paying more attention to him in the future. These things can be dangerous and are not play areas.

a nanny state member comment. Are you from oz?

How in hell do you get "nanny state" from this comment? They are talking about parents watching out for their kids safety. How is the state involved?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Have to second the parental aspect of this story as it would appear to me to be more of a western trait to just let your kids run riot in places where they should be more closely supervised.

Unless I'm mistaken, it's an airport and not a bleeding playground.

Anyway, glad the lad is okay.

I don't know how you came to that impression. My own observations of parents in Thailand at least is that they pretty much allow their kids to run rampant as much as the average Western parents.

maybe the family should move to a desert island somewhere where there are no escalators ....

And stand under heavily laden coconut palm trees.

I'm glad the kid is Ok, and well done to the staff at the store.

But how one earth can anyone get in to this situation without behaving like a complete twonk.

(can someone invite Jedwood to Thailand and take them to Pantip Plaza)