Hot Chocolate singer Errol Brown dies at 71 in the Bahamas

webfact

Hot Chocolate singer Errol Brown dies at 71 in the Bahamas

LONDON (AP) — Errol Brown, the lead singer of the band Hot Chocolate, has died in the Bahamas, his manager said Wednesday. He was 71.

Manager Phil Dale said the singer, best known for hits "You Sexy Thing" and "It Started With A Kiss," died earlier Wednesday of liver cancer. Dale said Brown's death had come as a surprise.

"(Brown) had been poorly over the past few months but he never discussed it," Dale said. "He'd be sadly missed by his friends and family. He was an extremely good personal friend."

Brown moved to Britain from Jamaica with his mother at age 12. In 2003, he was honored by Queen Elizabeth II for his services to pop music and made a Member of the Order of the British Empire.

Hot Chocolate released their first record "Love is Life" in 1970, and enjoyed numerous chart hits in the 1970s. In 1981, they played at a pre-wedding party for Prince Charles and Lady Diana in Buckingham Palace.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2015-05-07

I sold him a microwave oven when I worked at Comet Superstore..... er... some decades ago before he was famous.

RIP

Some decades before he was famous they yet had to invent the miocrowave.coffee1.gif That's probably the reason you still rememberbiggrin.png

Edited by TheCruncher

I sold him a microwave oven when I worked at Comet Superstore..... er... some decades ago before he was famous.

RIP

As he had burst onto the scene around 1972 I find this unlikely. They came a full decade later.

RIP

As he had burst onto the scene around 1972 I find this unlikely. They came a full decade later.

Haha, nice one! Poor old Simon's attempt to impress with his 'claim to fame' lies in tatters.

Hot Chocolate singer Errol Brown dies at 71 A fabulous singer and group, This LP of their greatest hits,brings back memories of always having my walkman in my pocket, on that helicopter into Aberdeen it was enough to give you a high,before you even got to hit the Bars,thanks for the memory Errol!

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=IT+STARTED+WITH+A+KISS&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=IsJLVZeRE-m57gaMn4D4Cg

Edited by Scott
font

Yawn... check your facts. I quote from Wiki:

The countertop microwave oven was first introduced in 1967 by the Amana Corporation, and their use has spread into commercial and residential kitchens around the world.

I must have been about 17 years old, so that makes it 1976. At that time, he was a singer with Hot Chocolate, but had not yet launched his solo career.

As for the microwave ovens, these were a 'novelty' in a UK kitchen at that time and took 2 of us to lift one, due to the heavy lead shielding.

satisfied? (Don't worry - I'm hardly going to throw a tantrum over pathetic squabbling about 'did he know, didn't he know')

Well, he was a WINNER.

Ya, but the young woman I had ensconced in the back of my van whilst listening to "I believe in Miracles" most certainly wasn't a winner, nor was I.

She could balance a dinner plate on her assssss it was so shapely, and used her asset to great advantage..

We called her the monkey. I leave spaces so you can read between the lines. My friends liked her toosad.png

Best,

R and Y = Orange

Yawn... check your facts. I quote from Wiki:

The countertop microwave oven was first introduced in 1967 by the Amana Corporation, and their use has spread into commercial and residential kitchens around the world.

I must have been about 17 years old, so that makes it 1976. At that time, he was a singer with Hot Chocolate, but had not yet launched his solo career.

As for the microwave ovens, these were a 'novelty' in a UK kitchen at that time and took 2 of us to lift one, due to the heavy lead shielding.

satisfied? (Don't worry - I'm hardly going to throw a tantrum over pathetic squabbling about 'did he know, didn't he know')

By 1976 he was a household name which is how you came to remember serving him. I wasn't looking for a pissing contest when posting my original observation, but I (same age as you) didn't use a microwave until well into the 80s. I note too that the internet was first used in 1989 but I managed to avoid using that until 1998.

Back on topic: RIP to Errol Brown and thank you for making the 70s/80s so enjoyable. Edited by Scott

<snip>

I must have been about 17 years old, so that makes it 1976.

<snip>

You could always ask an admin to change your name to "simon56". biggrin.png
Why. Was he 20 in 1976? Edited by stevenl