Where To Purchase Items For A Thai Kitchen

roamp

I'm moving into a new place and setting up a tiny kitchen from scratch.

I was thinking somewhere in Warorot Market, but thought there might be a store elsewhere where Thai's frequent for inexpensive stuff, not Central or Tesco.

Warorot Market, it's all there - enjoy browsing and haggling. Suggest that you leave the mortar and pestle to the end – a stone one is far to heavy to lug about for any length of time.

Plenty of tasty snacks around as well :o

I rented a condo just off Huay Kaew near Central around the corner from the Shell station. By the way, can anyone suggest any good bars within walking distance?

Warorot market will certainly work for you, but depending on where you live there's probably a local market that will have everything you need too. Where's your place?

Thanin market is probably closest to you. It's basically opposite Rajabhat, but just off the main road. I don't know for sure about kitchen wares since I don't go there often but it's a big local-style market, likely to have everything. Ton Payom market, mentioned by el jefe, is where I shop & for sure they have what you need.

Thanin market is probably closest to you. It's basically opposite Rajabhat, but just off the main road. I don't know for sure about kitchen wares since I don't go there often but it's a big local-style market, likely to have everything. Ton Payom market, mentioned by el jefe, is where I shop & for sure they have what you need.

Thanin is good for food, mainly.. Any household stuff, besides cheap wooden furniture, can be gotten at most any other market at a cheaper price, in my experience.

Edited by Ajarn