Worried about selling my bike..

Hey guys n gals,

Looking to sell my bike because a new job has come up which means I'll be away from home too much.

Would like to advertise it now, as I won't be back until Sept at the earliest. It's just sitting at my house, albeit on a battery tender.

The thing is, you read so many stories of bikes being stolen on test rides, I'm worried about leaving it to my wife to sell.

Of course I could just tell her no test rides, it is after all a good as new machine with 5000km on the clock, but that might put some people off.

Any thoughts, suggestions ?

Bike in question below..

post-85853-14310575164919_thumb.jpg

Just say no test rides. A bike with that little klm on it shouldn't worry a serious buyer.

no test ride - no sale..

who the hell would buy a bike if the seller had such an atitude...

i bought a s/h bike today...came on my scooter, left the scooter with the keys in...toop the bike for sale round the block....at no time did the seller say anything about me not riding his bike.....

Just say no test rides. A bike with that little klm on it shouldn't worry a serious buyer.

no test ride - no sale..

who the hell would buy a bike if the seller had such an atitude...

i bought a s/h bike today...came on my scooter, left the scooter with the keys in...toop the bike for sale round the block....at no time did the seller say anything about me not riding his bike.....

I never said no test rides ! But no test ride without full payment deposit in advance... No attitude just being careful..