EPL Transfers, Rumours etc, Summer 2015

uptheos

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll be pleased if the other two positional needs are filled with such class. I see some of the journos are peddling the line that Ezequiel Garay is a replacement for Koscielny as Real are mounting a 21million quid bid. Never say never, but 21 million quid that's got to be a joke.

At least we are seeing some new Arsenal rumours now. The last few weeks have been full of regurgitations of bull$hit invented over glasses of Christmas JDs and re peddled ad-nauseam since.

The best of the window by far and i'm rather surprised United were not in there for him. They would still have great leverage with Ramos due to DDG and would have saved 15m in not potentially signing Lloris

Don't think he was interested in anyone outside London. Can't blame him if his family etc are all settled there.

The best of the window by far and i'm rather surprised United were not in there for him. They would still have great leverage with Ramos due to DDG and would have saved 15m in not potentially signing Lloris

Don't think he was interested in anyone outside London. Can't blame him if his family etc are all settled there.

Oh sure it was the London thing but i really can't see Manchester being such a problem. PSG was though.

btw, doesn't Ramos seem insanely expensive to you for a 29yo!! To me, United/van Gaal don't even appear to have a transfer strategy. Looks like a game of, "wait and see who pops up".

I'd be most amused if Chelsea sign Begovic and Stoke come to us for Chezza.

biggrin.png

Can believe a keeper as good as Bergovic wants to spend the rest of his career sitting on the Chelsea bench.

Surely Mourinho, with his 2000 odd players out on loan must be able to find a young no2 internally!

I'd be most amused if Chelsea sign Begovic and Stoke come to us for Chezza.

biggrin.png

Can believe a keeper as good as Bergovic wants to spend the rest of his career sitting on the Chelsea bench.

Surely Mourinho, with his 2000 odd players out on loan must be able to find a young no2 internally!

think this is one of the weirdest transfers i've ever heard of. begovic could go to any number of good clubs across europe and a good few in the premier league and be first choice.

Or he can go to Chelsea and double his money as a benchwarmer. We are talking millions remember.

he's 28 and wherever he played would still have more than enough to retire on. carlo cudicini did the same, could have had a proper career as a first choice #1 for a decent club but chose to sit on the bench for years at that soulless sh*thole. can't understand the mentality of any lad who makes it as a pro footballer, surely his childhood dream, and then opts to not actually play. sad.

Or he can go to Chelsea and double his money as a benchwarmer. We are talking millions remember.

he's 28 and wherever he played would still have more than enough to retire on. carlo cudicini did the same, could have had a proper career as a first choice #1 for a decent club but chose to sit on the bench for years at that soulless sh*thole. can't understand the mentality of any lad who makes it as a pro footballer, surely his childhood dream, and then opts to not actually play. sad.

Yes, but in this case if he negotiates the right deal he can buy half of Bosnia.

Yes, but in this case if he negotiates the right deal he can buy half of Bosnia.

still sh*te though. got potentially ten years ahead of him at the top level and sells it out for a few quid.

he's got 10 years left at the top level of the ludicrously-salaried english game if he wants it. if he can't retire on the back of that then he doesn't deserve it. he'll be a multimillionaire either way. say he's getting fifty grand a week as a first choice at stoke, everton, west ham, whoever. how much are chelsea going to pay him as a number two?

he's got 10 years left at the top level of the ludicrously-salaried english game if he wants it. if he can't retire on the back of that then he doesn't deserve it. he'll be a multimillionaire either way. say he's getting fifty grand a week as a first choice at stoke, everton, west ham, whoever. how much are chelsea going to pay him as a number two?

Let's say for the sake of argument they pay him an extra five million quid over the duration of his contract.

Enough for you Donald?

The only thing that mystifies me is why they take offence at correctly being defined as classless chavs.

Does he really deserve this after what he's done for them?

English Premier League (EPL) side Arsenal's new signing Petr Cech has received several death threats from his former club Chelsea fans on Twitter following his 10 million pounds move.

Chelsea supporters appear to be unhappy with goalkeeper Cech's decision to move across London despite the fact the Czech Republic international represented his former side with distinction during his 11-year spell, dailymail.co.uk reported on Monday.

Several Twitter users purporting to be Chelsea fans labelled Cech a "traitor' and a "snake", while another said "Cech is dead to me, the helmet wearing snake".

A Chelsea fan with the username '@Febreezion' went as far as tweeting: "Say goodbye to your family for one last time before they go to sleep, you won't be seeing them tomorrow you snake idiot."

Another made reference to the incident which saw Cech sustain a serious head injury following a collision with then-Reading midfielder Stephen Hunt in October 2006.

"F*** you Petr Cech you <deleted> snake, can't believe you went to f***ing Arsenal. Really wish Stephen Hunt ended your life. F***ing C***."

The disgusting tweets aimed at Cech and his close family continued throughout the evening with @Enegali10 posting: "F******** off just saw Cech signed. Go f*** yourself. F****** brain damaged ugly sk**. Hope your kids have cancer. F****** nonce.

"I'm going to bring my SR-25 sniper rifle to the (Stamford) Bridge when we play Arsenal. Will be so f****** good to see Cech's blood on the pitch."

One Twitter user went as far as photoshopping a picture of a snake onto an image of Cech in a Chelsea shirt, while another burned a replica Blues No.1 shirt.

The 33-year-old custodian has signed a four-year contract, thought to be worth in the region of 100,000 pounds per week at Arsene Wenger's side and looks set to make his competitive debut against Chelsea on August 2.

Cech won four EPL titles, the Champions League, the Europa League, four FA Cup winner's medals and the League Cup on three separate occasions during his time at Chelsea.

Let's say for the sake of argument they pay him an extra five million quid over the duration of his contract.

Enough for you Donald?

not when offset against simply not playing mate, no. when younger i'd have cut off an arm to be a professional footballer (metaphorically). so i can't imagine the mentality that goes with not playing at all for ten years, watching from the bench while your mates love it, for the sake of having 12 million in the bank when you retire rather than 7 million. it's turning football into something as mundane as an office job when it should be living out a boyhood dream.

Enough for you Donald?

not when offset against simply not playing mate, no. when younger i'd have cut off an arm to be a professional footballer (metaphorically). so i can't imagine the mentality that goes with not playing at all for ten years, watching from the bench while your mates love it, for the sake of having 12 million in the bank when you retire rather than 7 million. it's turning football into something as mundane as an office job when it should be living out a boyhood dream.

Maybe he's fed up being beaten up by Leicester and Burnley centre halves and has decided that if he can retire early, why not?

A few outings in the cup just to keep his sharpness like.

Enough for you Donald?

You really haven't got a clue how some professional footballers think rolleyes.gif stop being so naive sad.png

Edited by alfieconn

Enough for you Donald?

Maybe he's fed up being beaten up by Leicester and Burnley centre halves and has decided that if he can retire early, why not?

A few outings in the cup just to keep his sharpness like.

maybe so. just saying that's not the way i'd approach it myself and find it sad when players wouldn't want to play as often and as long as possible. it's a short enough career anyway. seems stupid to spend it sat on a bench.

Enough for you Donald?

You really haven't got a clue how some professional footballers think rolleyes.gif stop being so naive sad.png

sigh. it's not even worth trying to engage with you these days is it alfie? rolleyes, sadface, LOLZ etc etc.

For a smartar$e, you're pretty dumb sometimes Alfie.

"Sometimes"? You're being very generous there Chiqs!coffee1.gif

It's not nice to mock those with disabilities.

biggrin.png