What has become better here for us farangs?

Maybe its time for an evaluation.

Its obvious that Thailand needs more tourists and so Thailand needs more foreigners that come to live in Thailand for longer periods of time farangs who spend all of their income here in thailand..I assume this will be a good thing cause it will bring loads of money and create more jobs for thais right..

So the question is what positive things by this new government have been done especially for us foreigners,tourists to make our stay in Thailand more comfortable ,and our lives here more easy and or more safe and or more equal and fair...:

I am very curious about all the accomplishments and positive changes that have been implemented recently for us the farangs..Kindly upload here under you list :

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my life I've learned not to expect anything from anybody but always to stand on my own feet and make my own decisions.

I spend my own money here for my own pleasure and satisfaction and I would never expect any help from any government or any individual.

In the past 12 months I have seen government efforts to:

reduce corruption

improve service at immigration

improve the professionalism and root out corruption in the police force

step up traffic safety enforcement

shake up the educational bureaucracy

repay monies owed to rice farmers

encourage Thais to be welcoming towards tourists

Prayut Chan-o-cha may have some rough edges, but he still has my support.

In my life I've learned not to expect anything from anybody but always to stand on my own feet and make my own decisions.

I spend my own money here for my own pleasure and satisfaction and I would never expect any help from any government or any individual.

If you not able to even mention one thing then why your reply?

reduce corruption

wow you made a long list ....

Are you sure all these things on your list have been accomplished?

I not convinced all from your list weather accoplished or not was bringing us farangs any benefit.

If you not able to even mention one thing then why your reply?

I did give you my answer but I don't think you are able to comprehend it.

Or you wished for different answers that are not forthcoming.

reduce corruption

Staying with the thread

What has become better here for us farangs?

"Improving service at Immigration" is about the only Farang concern. (90 day on-line reporting. They are working on it).

also nice, if the millions of FARANG Rice Farmers in Thailand would get paid.

Otherwise................................? Cheers.

I predict, this is going to be a very SHORT thread...

There are always lots of promises here about improving things, especially lately.

But most of the time, they aren't kept or just kept for just a brief time before returning to the old ways.

The best thing I can add is, there aren't as many politically motivated shootings and bombings as there were before at the height of things.

Other than that....

Maybe its time for an evaluation.

Its obvious that Thailand needs more tourists and so Thailand needs more foreigners that come to live in Thailand for longer periods of time farangs who spend all of their income here in thailand..I assume this will be a good thing cause it will bring loads of money and create more jobs for thais right..

So the question is what positive things by this new government have been done especially for us foreigners,tourists to make our stay in Thailand more comfortable ,and our lives here more easy and or more safe and or more equal and fair...:

I am very curious about all the accomplishments and positive changes that have been implemented recently for us the farangs..Kindly upload here under you list :

I've seen nothing practical that's been implemented for our benefit but, then again, most of us have it pretty sweet here already.

We spend our money here whether they fawn over us or not so why should they make an effort.

We don't feature high on their list of priorities and, frankly, I don't think we should.

Those who feel they're under-appreciated or there's not enough red carpet being rolled out for them are invited to leave.

Edited by Cypress Hill

Life is pretty easy here for farangs, so I'm not sure what improvements could be made specifically for us. One thing I'd like is to be able to buy one house to live in. But doesn't really bother me that I can't.

What changes would the OP like?

I think the topic is about diminishing hardship and institutional bias, not expecting welfare.

here some example of changes that would make it better for us..

Would like them to bring up to date their property and land owning laws.(max one rai for farang)

equal business structure laws so no more 49% 51% scam.

Hassle free year visas for 12.000 bht for people under 50 years who do not want to go to school 20 hours a week and get tested at an immigration office.

Banning of all jet skies..

No more double pricing especially in hospitals..hospitals need print out their prices on printed paper..in eng thai

fixed rates for all the traffic fines on a clearly printed government on piece of paper. in eng thai

Better follow up of crimes of thais against foreigners.(example close down karaoke joints that extort tipsy farangs...)etc etc

change the laws that give opportunity of thais to scam foreigners.Now most their laws always benefit their own kind.

Anyway i did not see any changes like this so in my opinion nothing got better here for us..

Would like them to bring up to date their property and land owning laws.(max one rai for farang)

Hassle free year visas for 12.000 bht for people under 50 years who do not want to go to school 20 hours a week and get tested at an immigration office.

No more double pricing especially in hospitals..hospitals need print out their prices on printed paper..in eng thai

fixed rates for all the traffic fines on a clearly printed government on piece of paper. in eng thai

Better follow up of crimes of thais against foreigners.(example close down karaoke joints that extort tipsy farangs...)etc etc

change the laws that give opportunity of thais to scam foreigners.Now most their laws always benefit their own kind.

Anyway i did not see any changes like this so in my opinion nothing got better here for us..

In my experience hospitals do print their price lists and they are the same for Thai and non-Thai. What hospitals have you seen double pricing at? Have you asked for a Thai price list or got a Thai person to ask for you.

In my experience hospitals do print their price lists and they are the same for Thai and non-Thai. What hospitals have you seen double pricing at? Have you asked for a Thai price list or got a Thai person to ask for you.

No i can not remember that i ever got a price list from any thai hospital.

my friend 40 years got an heart attack and he had to negotiate with the doctor of the Phuket Bangkok hospital in the operation room about the price..

would like to see one and also one from the police cause now fines will depend on how rich u look..u red light can be 500 bht or can be a 1000 bht just depends on your car model...

again i did not see anything improve for us cause the people in power do not care.they busy with the lottery..

I don't expect special "things" for Farang's living in Thailand.

This is "Not Our Country", we live here becaued we want to.

The government's job is to take care of thier citizens.

You can always go home where your government will take care of you as a citizen.

No i can not remember that i ever got a price list from any thai hospital.

my friend 40 years got an heart attack and he had to negotiate with the doctor of the Phuket Bangkok hospital in the operation room about the price..

would like to see one and also one from the police cause now fines will depend on how rich u look..u red light can be 500 bht or can be a 1000 bht just depends on your car model...

again i did not see anything improve for us cause the people in power do not care.they busy with the lottery..

You are asking for positive changes... yet all YOU do in your own thread is

- criticize people who post positive things for them

- moan about what you would want to have changed

- bash around against everything

seems pretty clear what you try to do... so i guess your thread will be short lived...

ALL the government hospitals around Pattaya including Banglamung and Queen Sirikit at Sattahip have a double pricing policy

They charge 50% more to Farangs

A notice to this effect is posted in both the hospitals I mention and I personally use these hospitals myself so this is not "hearsay" but factual I have both paid the 50% increase charge and seen the notices

Edited by n210mp

reduce corruption

Verbally efforts...at the beginning I have been also enthusiastic about the general and thought things will change...but now???

ALL the government hospitals around Pattaya including Banglamung and Queen Sirikit at Sattahip have a double pricing policy

A notice to this effect is posted in both the hospitals I mention and I personally use these hospitals myself so this is not "hearsay" but factual I have both paid the 50% increase charge and seen the notices

Can you snap a photo of this notice the next time you visit the hospital?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

reduce corruption

I don't know about "Reduce Corruption" they have prosecuted many of the old hands (Sacrificial Lambs), But its so rife that I do not think they can stop it, The people in control get to where they are not only from Intelligence and good luck I would say

I have not seen much of the other "Good Points" apart from Headlines in the Newspapers

Edited by ExPratt

Can you snap a photo of this notice the next time you visit the hospital?

Sirikit is not really government it is Navy. The sign is located at the cashiers office in the first floor main waiting area right across from the emergency room.

Ask not what Thailand can do for you — ask what you can do for Thailand.

Not without a work permit, you can't! And that includes unpaid volunteering, also...

I wonder if Thai-bashing violates Thailand's labor laws as well. You have to admit that some people here seem to have turned it into a full-time job. cheesy.gif