Which pick up do you recommend?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Should be some decent "old model" runout discounts soon with the Ranger and Vigo.

Yes, IF Toyota is making significant change to current iteration, you would think there would be a good incentives...but then again, this is thailand.

I'm afraid I have to eat some humble pie... today I saw a Ford Ranger (don't know the exact model) but it was a head turner. I've just checked out the Ford Thailand website and am at least willing to go to a Ford dealer and look around...

If looking at the Ford Ranger, bear in mind that there's a (not so) minor change coming out for it very soon. Changes include new front-end styling, a much improved interior, and the 2.2L diesel has been upgraded to make 160HP, with fuel efficiency gains of around 16% (not a small increment).

2015-ford-ranger.jpg

2015-ford-ranger-03.jpg

http://www.ford.co.th/en/trucks/new-ranger

The Ford looks like it has copied many Chevy parts and Ideas for its "new model" lol

At least they have a proper 7inch? display screen now.

I like the look of the new navara too, nice interior. No idea about the drive though. Powerful engine in top spec and a bit less expensive than the others.

The Ford looks like it has copied many Chevy parts and Ideas for its "new model" lol

At least they have a proper 7inch? display screen now.

It's an 8" SYNC2 system, and only on the XLT and Wildtrak models.

The dash is a variant of the new Everest dash, just with lower grade materials (no faux leather) and gray in color..

Everest Interior:

post-81192-0-16259400-1432052540_thumb.j

Edited by seedy
huge pic

Would recommend the Hilux or BT50... Since you dont like Ford... Bt50 is a ford ranger.

Both have done a good job for me.. Just prefer the look of the ranger.

Sent from my c64

Edited by wow64

Wow, a special offer from 22-24 - right when Toyota dealerships around the country are having their local Hilux Revo launch parties ;)

Oh well, maybe Ford will get some residual traffic from it :P

To the OP:

I would probably go for the new Hilux:

toyota-hilux-revo-2016-brochure-l-2-850x

toyota-hilux-revo-2016-brochure-l-3-850x

toyota-hilux-revo-2016-brochure-l-4.jpeg

toyota-hilux-revo-2016-brochure-l-5-850x

toyota-hilux-revo-2016-brochure-l-7-850x

So you've seen a photo of a brochure online, and that's enough to make a (potentially) 1.14M Baht buying decision??

Oh, it's a Toyota :P

So you've seen a photo of a brochure online, and that's enough to make a (potentially) 1.14M Baht buying decision??

Oh, it's a Toyota tongue.png

Wise man.............smile.png .............Reputation of reliability sticks inside folks heads...Well mine it has.......But then I am rather hansum taboot......laugh.png

LOL, I was actually joking. After poking around it and listening to all the pitches from marketing and techos, my expectations are that it'll probably only rival the D-Max on the road - I hope I'm wrong though. The (not yet released) minor change Ranger is way better executed from a styling and packaging standpoint - this Revo has some very odd styling - especially inside - and the 'pointy nose' with big front overhang might never grow on me.

Once we can drive both on the road it will be an interesting comparison though - Toyota rarely let you down with their diesels.

Edited by IMHO

Bit off topic but worth a giggle.....I had to go to my local BIG Tesco's, they have an area inside for motoring manufactures to show off their goods. Fink last week it was MG......Anyhoooooooo it was Chevy this week, sort of had a look as I passed on my way to my ATM. At the rear of the exhibits was a table with four chairs, every chair was taken by uniformed Chevy staff feeeerking around with iPhones..........I smiled........ walked on to do my business.....That done walked back, had a nose around the Chevy truck, got to the rear of it where the table was......blink.png .........................Yep, staff still sitting there feeeeeerking around on iPhones with noooooooooooooooooooo interest in this farang "millionaire" at all. I sniggered and went for my snooker date................Me finks Chevy stuff.........facepalm.gif

I think they had you marked as a tyre kicker from the start, you know sometimes I like to be left alone and play around rather than some young Thai girl trying to sell a truck to me.

Bit off topic but worth a giggle.....I had to go to my local BIG Tesco's, they have an area inside for motoring manufactures to show off their goods. Fink last week it was MG......Anyhoooooooo it was Chevy this week, sort of had a look as I passed on my way to my ATM. At the rear of the exhibits was a table with four chairs, every chair was taken by uniformed Chevy staff feeeerking around with iPhones..........I smiled........ walked on to do my business.....That done walked back, had a nose around the Chevy truck, got to the rear of it where the table was......blink.png .........................Yep, staff still sitting there feeeeeerking around on iPhones with noooooooooooooooooooo interest in this farang "millionaire" at all. I sniggered and went for my snooker date................Me finks Chevy stuff.........facepalm.gif

I think they had you marked as a tyre kicker from the start, you know sometimes I like to be left alone and play around rather than some young Thai girl trying to sell a truck to me.

You obviously know nothing about selling..........My point was EVERYONE in the ZONE is a target to sell......Chevy staff sat ENGROSSED in THEIR facebook stuff INSTEAD of targetting me...

Maybe the bosses do not give commission on sales so no incentive to get off their ass a do any work, so why would they get up and try to talk to a falang when they have no English skill at all.

Do all 2 door and spacecab trucks receive green plates. Are there any restrictions on a commercial plate(green) if there are restrictions can you get regular plates for a 2 door?

Tax on a 2 door = 1000thb

Tax on a 4 door is 5000thb and decreases after 5 years

Do all 2 door and spacecab trucks receive green plates. Are there any restrictions on a commercial plate(green) if there are restrictions can you get regular plates for a 2 door?

Road tax on green plate commercial only..Farang a no no to drive. 4 door tax starts at 6800bht....

Sorry, but totally not true.

Road tax on green plate commercial only..Farang a no no to drive. 4 door tax starts at 6800bht....

Really ?

Should I hand mine in, I do not like to flaunt the law.

Green plates just means it's taxed as a two-door - which get preferential excise taxes and road taxes. Anyone with a valid driving license can drive one.

What farang (and most Thai's with a regular license) can't drive is anything with a yellow background.

And it's illegal to carry people in the back of the truck ... easy money for the BIB stopping a green plated pickup with a load of people in the back ... legally ok to carry them on a black plate

Green plates just means it's taxed as a two-door - which get preferential excise taxes and road taxes. Anyone with a valid driving license can drive one.

What farang (and most Thai's with a regular license) can't drive is anything with a yellow background.

Thanks for clearing that up........smile.png ..........Seen most 2 doors up here with regular black/white plates, so what is the difference...?..Thought green was purely commercial stuff.....

Because they have a carryboy? As soon as you add one of them, the registered number of seats increases, the plate changes, and the road tax goes up.