Phra Suthep preparing to leave monkhood

webfact

Phra Suthep preparing to leave monkhood
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Phra Suthep Paphakaro or Suthep Thaugusban, former secretary general of the People's Democratic Reform Committee, is preparing to leave monkhood, Thakerng Somsup, director of Fah Wan Mai TV station posted on his Facebook wall.

No time frame was given but Suthep gave an interview to the station that he was handing over a fund to Wat Suanmok before he would leave the monkhood.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Phra-Suthep-preparign-to-leave-monkhood-30260361.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-05-18

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now General lock him up for corruption, incitement to commit murder - oops General soo sorry - he helped you get where you are now so guess its OK for him to carry on

Suthep: what corruption?

You will hear when he leaves. There will be a might crack of thunder and the skies will be rent as the heavens protest at this man's hypocrisy posing as a monk using a holy place as a hide out.

The devil take him.

You will hear when he leaves. There will be a might crack of thunder and the skies will be rent as the heavens protest at this m

an's hypocrisy posing as a monk using a holy place as a hide out.

The devil take him.

Well he didn't run off to Dubai like a cur with his tail between his legs.

You will hear when he leaves. There will be a might crack of thunder and the skies will be rent as the heavens protest at this m

The devil take him.

No you are correct about Suthep not leaving the country, but he was forced into monkhood after he told the truth about the coup and the planning of it. This truth from Sutheps mouth meant that treason was commited by all involved, last time I checked TS was a crook but he didnt commit treason.

The devil take him.

Why you think he need to run when he is part of the ensemble that want to take out Thaksin. He need not have to worry when your mates are the good people and the people in power.

Now General lock him up for corruption, incitement to commit murder - oops General soo sorry - he helped you get where you are now so guess its OK for him to carry on

+ 20'000 Posts and dont know the Thai history only few years back...

When he was Agriculture Minister in 1995, he sold and gave away to his wealthy friends Land Reform plots in Phuket meant for needy local people. This scandal brought down the entire government he represented. He escaped prosecution because of his political connections, bribery, and...wait for it...paying protesters to march in the streets of Bangkok. The only democratically-elected Democrat in dozens of years, Chuan Leekpai, lost power because of Suthep's corruption.

Let's be charitable - after studying the scriptures these last few months, perhaps he has reformed and is enlightened.

However, the cynic in me senses a wrestling tag-match, with Prayuth screaming for his partner to take over in the ring.

This stuff gets complicated to follow...

I was going to ask, whatever became of what I recalled being criminal murder charges filed by the prior government's prosecutor's against Abhisit and Suthep over the Army's clashes with the Red Shirts that ended the siege of Bangkok. But now I see, a regular criminal court dismissed that case back in August 2014, saying it didn't have jurisdiction because the accused were public office holders at the time acting under an emergency decree.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/755511-thai-court-dismisses-murder-charges-against-former-pm-abhisit/?hl=abhisit%20murder%20charge

So then subsequently, I guess, the NACC decided to pursue a non-criminal abuse of power case against the two, which I gather could lead to them being retroactively impeached, if found guilty.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/803286-former-thai-leaders-may-face-impeachment-over-2010-crackdown/?hl=+abhisit%20+murder%20+charge

So I gather, the pair are off the hook when it comes to criminal charges, but still could face impeachment.... Hope I got that right!

The devil behind all the troubles leading up to the coop

I am praying to Buddha that the junta will catch this scum

Is it really necessary to refer to Mr Thaksin as 'scum'? They know where he is and have no plans to catch him.

As for the southern monk, he's available 24/7.

When he was Agriculture Minister in 1995, he sold and gave away to his wealthy friends Land Reform plots in Phuket meant for needy local people. This scandal brought down the entire government he represented. He escaped prosecution because of his political connections, bribery, and...wait for it...paying protesters to march in the streets of Bangkok. The only democratically-elected Democrat in dozens of years, Chuan Leekpai, lost power because of Suthep's corruption.

Thanks for the history lesson Hardy99, but I have a sneaking suspicion h90 was being facetious or perhaps mildly sardonic.

Hahahaha nice one mate, needed a funny to cheer me up. I'm incredibly partial to these subtle jokes. Well done!

The devil take him.

He didn't need to, his plan worked and all his co-conspiritors were in power.

Many people in the South are hoping for him to come back into politics smile.png

And many people all over Thailand are hoping he will not!

He is coming out of hiding to collect on promises no doubt. I am sure he is holding an I.O.U. for all the havoc he created. Time to check out his portfolio.

Obviously that was a joke right?

I'm surprised you had to ask.

No to mention the palm oil refinery scam that netted him billions of baht.

I'm surprised you had to ask.

Had to be sure before i wrote a list out that would take me into valuable ''getting ready to go out time''.