Help please!

Rob Roy

It appears someone else has been creating posts using my username. Q. How can I stop this pls? I am fairly new to using Thai Visa site. I am using my mobile. I now am getting loads of notifications and answers in topics I have not! been posting or following. I have tried unsuccessfully to find and uncheck the tick! To stop all the e-mails arriving on my mobile. I have been pressing the unsunscribe link on every notification topic on Thai Forum.

How can this be stopped?

I still want to continue using this web site. I will appreciate any constructive helpful answers. Thank you. Robroy.

Moved to Forum support for better answers.

Better answers? My answer was as good as any, yes or no?

Don't take it personally, it is a standard response when moving a topic.

As for deleting an account, that is not done. And creating a 2nd account is against forum rules and it will be suspended. However a user can request a name change by contacting support. But first try the password change.

24) Multiple accounts by the same person are not allowed. If you have access issues contact support [at] thaivisa.com

Meanwhile RR, after you've changed your password can you post (or send me by PM) links to some posts that you didn't make (if you see what I mean), could give us a clue as to who or what's going on.

I don't think anyone has posted under the OPs name.

The mobile version of ThaiVisa contains a glitch where the wrong Member ID and/or Avatar are displayed on posts or quoted posts in lieu of the proper ID or avatar.

So as you scroll through a thread you may see your own member name or avatar used within quoted posts or on single posts. It's just a coding glitch.

Although, I'm not discounting the possibility that some of you have multiple personalities (...or that I have multiple personalities, since it's my Member ID and Avatar that I'm seeing).

Edited by RichCor

Now that you mention it I remember that sometimes I see, for some hours or for a day or two, my avatar next to most all or posts on the Android app and then everything returns to normal again. If that is what the OP noticed, there is nothing to worry, his account did not get hacked. A screenshot would have helped to us to recognise this and put him at ease right away.

In re-reading the OP comments,
Rob Roy states he is, "getting loads of notifications and answers in topics I have not! been posting or following" and "e-mails arriving on my mobile".

[...]

I am fairly new to using Thai Visa site. I am using my mobile.

I now am getting loads of notifications and answers in topics I have not! been posting or following. I have tried unsuccessfully to find and uncheck the tick! To stop all the e-mails arriving on my mobile. I have been pressing the unsunscribe link on every notification topic on Thai Forum.

How can this be stopped? I still want to continue using this web site. I will appreciate any constructive helpful answers. Thank you. Robroy.

Rob Roy,

I noticed you created this post in November. Was this post created in response to a received notification, or to what you saw on your screen?

Suvarnabhumi Immigration pulled me from desk; questioned me about Thai language (Post #56)

Started by poppyt, 2014-11-13 23:27

Sorry I never sent this immigration post information on Thai Visa.com

• 2 weeks later...

Moved to Forum support for better answers.

Better answers? My answer was as good as any, yes or no?

Don't take it personally, it is a standard response when moving a topic.

As for deleting an account, that is not done. And creating a 2nd account is against forum rules and it will be suspended. However a user can request a name change by contacting support. But first try the password change.

24) Multiple accounts by the same person are not allowed. If you have access issues contact support [at] thaivisa.com

Not long after I became a member, I asked if I could change my user name, my present username was supposed to be my password, and my present password was supposed to be my username. and I was told I could not. But is was me who made the mistake when I was applying for membership.