PM Prayut: Article 44 and martial law are needed for the administration of Thailand

PM Prayut: Article 44 and martial law are needed for the administration of Thailand

BANGKOK, 24 May 2015 (NNT) - The Prime Minister has stressed that Article 44 and martial law are important for their effectiveness in helping restore peace and order in the country.

Prime Minister Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha on Saturday delivered a special speech at the annual meeting of the Thai Chamber of Commerce - Region 5, in which he said that the government would not want state agencies to disburse their budgets without ensuring every baht will be spent on the best causes and in accordance with their planned strategies.

Gen. Prayut stated that, only by doing so, will Thailand grow further and in a sustainable fashion.

He also said that the government still needs Article 44 of the interim Constitution and martial law, in administering the country and promoting peace and order.

The PM also agreed with the University of Thai Chambers of Commerce’s report which suggested that the local economy is in the middle of the recovery, although exports remain weak because of a slowdown in trading partners’ economies.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-05-24 footer_n.gif

The Prime Minister has stressed that Article 44 and martial law are important for their effectiveness in helping restore peace and order in the country.

Dear Mr P.

Please allow me to inform you, that martial law has been lifted.....................

By the honorable PM Mr P......................coffee1.gif

>>He also said that the government still needs Article 44 of the interim Constitution and martial law, in administering the country and promoting peace and order.<<Quote

Oh silly me, for a second I thought that Art 44 was to keep the absolute power within the rubber-stamp government!

PS. Dear Mr P. The tourists in Hua Hin (all 5 of them) are not happy with, that there are no chairs on the the beach and no small bars, where they can buy a beer. But they all appreciate that the horses shitting all over the place were allowed to stay!!

Keep up the good work, and your dream will come through: Only Chinese tourists!!

The interesting thing is that regularly posters here on TVF request the government invoke A44 to 'solve' an issue.

I must "regularly" miss that...

Well, you should pay a wee bit more attention, my dear chap.

The interesting thing is that regularly posters here on TVF request the government invoke A44 to 'solve' an issue.

I must "regularly" miss that...

Well, you should pay a wee bit more attention, my dear chap.

personally, I think you are just making this stuff up... I have not seen any poster propose using article 44 for solving an issue.

But I do pay attention to the news, and have seen the Junta, junta-hugging elites, and brown-nosing editorials asking for the junta to use article 44 to solve issues. The most blatantly stupid one of those was the NHRC proposing the Junta use art 44 for the problems in the south. The human rights commission proposing that the self-imposed government which is already abusing human rights should abuse more human rights and short circuit due-process in order to 'solve a problem' was a sorry statement about the NHRC.

It looks like General Prayut is preparing for events to follow IMPOSITION (aka endorsement) of the draft 2015 constitution without a referendum.

National security (aka the Junta) must be protected at any cost.

Why does he need it when most past governments didn't need it or have it to use.

Because that is the thinking of a General who has no idea of Democracy and is not being used to being questioned, it also helps to hide behind these laws when the population disagrees with any ruling from the junta.

Sorry but using article 44 to solve problems shows just how out of touch and isolated this man is from reality.

The only way problems will be solved in a sustainable fashion is when people participate in and have real ownership of the solution. Problems are not solved in a sustainable fashion when someone demands they are solved.

Simply silencing people doesn't mean there is no disagreement or problem - utter folly to think along those lines.

Why does he need it when most past governments didn't need it or have it to use.

Most previous governments and their agencies just used the position to plunder from the state run coffers instead of helping Thailand grow and prosper so perhaps a different way of doing things is needed. Seems people only want positions of power to help themselves

Article 44 and martial law are needed for the administration of Thailand

No, that's not at all what you need.

You need: trained and capable administrators who are ethical and not lazy. That's what you need. Now, go and find them and replace the useless ones.

You got our attention and 44. Now tell us what has been achieved with 44. I see no 80B lottery ticket yet. Ok, maybe I am too impatient. Cant blame me when all I see and hear is talk but nothing on plan or route map to get there.

Do leaders of all "successful" countries have absolute power?

There would need to have been coups and counter-coups in each of those "successful" countries for their leaders to have the same powers as General Prayut. That's if the drafters of the 2014 interim constitution are correct.

Edited by meltingpot2015

Most previous governments and their agencies just used the position to plunder from the state run coffers instead of helping Thailand grow and prosper so perhaps a different way of doing things is needed. Seems people only want positions of power to help themselves

How is the current government any different other regime than it is IMMUNE from any prosecution past, present, and future?

Other than the current government has NO Check & Balance for UNLIMITED ACCESS to the treasury, civil service, and .... military power.

You again wrong...

most citizens here did not ask for an installment of martial law, or for an article 44, or for a coup...

It was just rammed trough their throats.

people in Thailand do not have anything to choose...