Nakhon Pathom police chief, 10 other officers transferred

webfact

Somyot orders immediate transfer of 11 police officers over death of a special branch officer in gambling den

5-15-2015-4-07-55-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Royal Thai Police commissioner Pol Gen Somyot Phumphanmuang yesterday ordered immediate transfer of nine senior police officers of Nakhon Pathom, a commander of Special Branch Bureau, and a superintendent of Crime Suppression Division to the Royal Thai Police Operation Centre.

All were ordered to report to the centre before noon today.

No reason for the lightning transfer was given but Royal Thai Police spokesman Pol Lt Gen Prawut Tavornsiri posted on Twitter saying the immediate transfer of the 11 senior police officers came from the shooting of a Special Branch Bureau police officer at a gambling den in Nakhon Pathom in which they did not report the incident to the commissioner.

He said a press conference will be called today by Pol Gen Somyot.

The 11 police officers transferred included commander of Nakhon Pathom police, Pol Maj Gen Pote Boonmapark, and his deputy Pol Maj Gen Prapakorn Riewtong, chief of Nakhon Pathom station Pol Col Paitoon Pitaktham, commander of Special Branch Bureau’s Division 3 Pol Maj Gen Tawipong Pongsoongnern, and CSD’s Subdivision 5 Pol Col Phumin Phumphanmuang.

Royal Thai Police deputy commissioner Pol Gen Chaktip Chaijinda was designated to supervise investigation into the shooting in the gambling den.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/somyot-orders-immediate-transfer-of-11-police-officers-over-death-of-a-special-branch-officer-in-gambling-den

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-05-25

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Three Major Generals and two Colonels???

I'm probably being too cynical, but I somehow think that the officer who was shot must have been related to someone important.

Or the officer shot was the cashier at the gambling den, making sure that the cash flow to Police HQ went uninterrupted !!

Has anyone else noticed, that the super investing, unusual wealthy honorable Chief of Police Mr Somyot is more frequently pictured without uniform?

Political ambitions?? That would be very bad!!

Committing an obvious murder in Thailand

-If you are poor you will go jail for a long time or get the death penalty

-If you are rich you get some bad press, some appointments you may or may not attend (up to you) and your case will eventually fade away. You may have to give somebody some cash

-If you are a cop, you will have to change the address on your business card.

I'm probably being too cynical, but I somehow think that the officer who was shot must have been related to someone important.

Or the officer shot was the cashier at the gambling den, making sure that the cash flow to Police HQ went uninterrupted !!

Has anyone else noticed, that the super investing, unusual wealthy honorable Chief of Police Mr Somyot is more frequently pictured without uniform?

Another of your silly comments but I guess it keeps your post count up.

scorecard: 7937 posts...................3681 likes

JOC 3645 posts...................9743 likes

..................................coffee1.gif

Not many people know this, but they are all inactive posts.

You just made my day!!clap2.gif

But sadly you have to watch your back now, after revealing the best kept secret within the police force!!

You just made my day!!clap2.gif

But sadly you have to watch your back now, after revealing the best kept secret within the police force!!

That and where they buy their hair dye? If the senior police from the district didn't inform their chief........who did? whistling.gifgigglem.gifwai.gif

We all know that no "gambling dens" operate in Thailand without "protection" from the Royal Thai Police (assuming of course that they aren't the ones actually "running" them in the first place).

The one that operates a few soi's away from me is "owned" by a senior RTP officer, and he has a lovely house(s), multiple nice cars etc ... I was told he was pulling in 50-100k profit per night, and that excludes what gets pushed higher up the chain.

As they continue to transfer corrupt policemen to inactive posts - there must be a huge demand for new hires to replace the vacuum

Flies in the face of ... `This government is serious about tackling corruption` though doesn`t it?

They look like a cracking bunch of fellas to go out for a drink with...

The one on the right often gets his pic up. Great face for a movie.

... Just don't spill the one on the left's pint while they are filming...???

Or, who me, oh no, I'm not with them.

They look like a cracking bunch of fellas to go out for a drink with...

The one on the right often gets his pic up. Great face for a movie.

The “transfer-carrousel” in this country is spinning like a hamster wheel but nobody ever seems to fall off…

And yes PrBkk the guy on the right looks like Don Corleone's godfather.

Committing an obvious murder in Thailand

-If you are poor you will go jail for a long time or get the death penalty

-If you are rich you get some bad press, some appointments you may or may not attend (up to you) and your case will eventually fade away. You may have to give somebody some cash

-If you are a cop, you will have to change the address on your business card.

Hope none are Transferred to Chiang Mai we got enough Corrupt ones here now its getting worse

Police in Thailand should be moved every year from one are to another area to avoid them getting involved and over friendly with the local gangsters and having their fingers in to many unsavoury pies.

As you say, he's super rich and was 'hand-picked' for the top RTP job by the Generalissimo. He's seen less and less in his RTP uniform because his trusted stock broker gets edgy when he visits his office wearing it. When this photo was taken he'd either been to, or was returning from another 'buy/sell' consultation in the 'city'.

On the contary.. Nakhon Pathom is my neck of the woods.... the RTP are always very active around here...

Unfortunately mostly for the wrong reasons & most certainly not for the benefit of the general public..

scorecard: 7937 posts...................3681 likes

JOC 3645 posts...................9743 likes

..................................coffee1.gif

Wow...I've seen some sad posts in my time...but this...just WOW sleep.png

You actually check your ''like'' count blink.pngblink.pngblink.pngcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Archived