Booking online for annual visa renewal crazy!

elgordo38

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How far in advance can you book online for retirement extension?

100 days in advance

So starting tonight at midnight September 4th will open for those trying to get a slot

I needed one for anywhere between July 20 & August 20 I tried nearly every night & never got one.

This is my 4th year renewal & I always got one the previous years.

Things have changed (more folks trying to get a spot or ??? what ever ) so I guess I will see the early morning line this year smile.png

Not great but it is 1 day so ............grin & bear I guess ;)

Edited by mania

Am not sure what you people are talking about, lived here six years Bangkok, hua hin , korat.

I am a retiree have to gi in annually to prove how much pension I get inc a letter from usa embassy, in Chang

Wattana, hua hin, korat maximum is one hour wait, are you guys complaining just about Chaing Mai ?.

laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

How far in advance can you book online for retirement extension?

100 days in advance

So starting tonight at midnight September 4th will open for those trying to get a slot

I needed one for anywhere between July 20 & August 20 I tried nearly every night & never got one.

This is my 4th year renewal & I always got one the previous years.

Things have changed (more folks trying to get a spot or ??? what ever ) so I guess I will see the early morning line this year smile.png

Not great but it is 1 day so ............grin & bear I guess wink.png

Guess that proves my point. Yes there is more folks applying but I think it is something else.

I am on a pension can you lend me the 15,000 to 20,000 bahts to solicit these loan sharks. I used them the first year I arrived here and they do seem to have an inside track which does not seem fair. I agree with all the above and have my paperwork in order all I ask for is a level playing field. I am obviously playing against a loaded deck.

2 points to make here. Firstly there are many who still do not have a clue as to the Immigration visa extension requirements and procedures, both younger and older who fail to properly do there research before hand.

And I agree, the Chiang Mai Immigration Department systems are deployable and certainly not ideal. I too have wondered how these agents operate. I am sure that the present Chiang Mai Immigration chaos has deterred many farangs from settling here or made them decide to move on somewhere else.. But for the meantime, I am sorry to say; we are stuck with it, all of us in the same boat.

I don't think the system has stopped people from moving to Chiang Mai. The people are the problem. There are so many more here than just 5 years ago. The system is better now. It just has to many people using it.

As for registering on line that is a matter of luck. Plan all you want but if 1 minute past midnight 15 people apply for it only 10 of them are going to get it. Check other days. 2 years ago I got lucky. I registered 97 days a head of time and there was still 2 more spots. None available 100 days.

This is all going to prove interesting when and if they do move to Promenada. At least there will be lots of room and Air Con. Also parking.

Hi guys and girls I don't think there is any conspiracy with visa agents I know that that many schools in Chiang Mai have dedicated staff that deal with visa extension renewals, and work permit issues, that coupled with the numerous NGO and companies employing foreign staff etc would soon take up the the online bookings.. before us mere mortals get a look in.

How many teachers and business people do you see queuing up at 5 am?

If I were employed here I would hope my organisation would fix up an appointment at a reasonable time.

Do I line up at 5 am or employ an agent? answers on a postcard please

As an example of what I went thru the last month + trying

unsuccessfully to get an appointment I went ahead & tried again tonight but wanted to document it for others to see

So look at these screen shots

Note the time in the lower right corner of pics

Also note each time I tried...& remember the form is already filled out

so it is not like you need to retype in your name etc

( I did edit out my info from these shots to show here & left the times in the last two to show which slot I was shooting for )

But each time you try you will get that error message because they are gone

Sorry I only thought to capture the error message in pics 3 & 4

But anyway you can see it is just jammed now & all done by 12:04AM

That last screen at 12:04am shows a slot but you cannot get it same as the rest you get the error message

Like I said...this is my 4th year & I have always been able to get a slot in years

past.

Those days are gone period

Because I was trying from the moment it opened for over a month

Tried again tonight just as a way to show with screen shots how it goes.

What ever & it is what it is but ......this is not normal. I can see no way to get a legit shot at a slot

No at least in this past month & then tonights example. & as shown by 12:04 all gone period anyway

Lastly I did not try just 4 times I tried for every slot except the one in screenshot one which was gone when they opened

at 12:00 am sharp I use the Atomic time

http://watches.uhrzeit.org/atomic-clock.php

Anyway enjoy the pics wink.png

1.... 12:00am

post-82547-0-44888100-1432660819_thumb.j

2... 12:01am

post-82547-0-73348800-1432660881_thumb.j

3... 12:03am

post-82547-0-65374000-1432660970_thumb.j

4... 12:04am

post-82547-0-41436200-1432660990_thumb.j

Edited by mania

I am on a pension can you lend me the 15,000 to 20,000 bahts to solicit these loan sharks. I used them the first year I arrived here and they do seem to have an inside track which does not seem fair. I agree with all the above and have my paperwork in order all I ask for is a level playing field. I am obviously playing against a loaded deck.

2 points to make here. Firstly there are many who still do not have a clue as to the Immigration visa extension requirements and procedures, both younger and older who fail to properly do there research before hand.

And I agree, the Chiang Mai Immigration Department systems are deployable and certainly not ideal. I too have wondered how these agents operate. I am sure that the present Chiang Mai Immigration chaos has deterred many farangs from settling here or made them decide to move on somewhere else.. But for the meantime, I am sorry to say; we are stuck with it, all of us in the same boat.

I don't think the system has stopped people from moving to Chiang Mai. The people are the problem. There are so many more here than just 5 years ago. The system is better now. It just has to many people using it.

As for registering on line that is a matter of luck. Plan all you want but if 1 minute past midnight 15 people apply for it only 10 of them are going to get it. Check other days. 2 years ago I got lucky. I registered 97 days a head of time and there was still 2 more spots. None available 100 days.

This is all going to prove interesting when and if they do move to Promenada. At least there will be lots of room and Air Con. Also parking.

The system is better now, should be quoted in the past tense, such as the system did improve but has failed to adapt to the extra payload.

I believe it is exactly the opposite; It is not the people who are the problem, but rather the the system that can no longer accommodate them and it`s going to become a lot worse before it gets better, or in the hope that it gets better.

For those of us who are here legitimately, paying our way and fulfil all the imposed terms to remain in Thailand for the long term, deserve better and not treated like refugees seeking sanitary and Government assistance. Although the staff at Immigration are always polite and doing their level best to provide a service, visiting Immigration is still a stressful and unpleasant experience, when it should be only a matter of routine.

For ex-pats like our elgordo38, I fully sympathise and understand their grievances.

unsuccessfully to get an appointment I went ahead & tried again tonight but wanted to document it for others to see

( I did edit out my info from these shots to show here & left the times in the last two to show which slot I was shooting for )

That last screen at 12:04am shows a slot but you cannot get it same as the rest you get the error message

Like I said...this is my 4th year & I have always been able to get a slot in years

past.

What ever & it is what it is but ......this is not normal. I can see no way to get a legit shot at a slot

No at least in this past month & then tonights example. & as shown by 12:04 all gone period anyway

Lastly I did not try just 4 times I tried for every slot except the one in screenshot one which was gone when they opened

attachicon.gif1.jpg

attachicon.gif2.jpg

attachicon.gif3.jpg

attachicon.gif4.jpg

This is exactly what happened to me for the 2nd night in a row. I have never had this problem in the 5 years I have been here. Yes there are a lot more expats here but as the lady describes above she/we are being locked out of the system somehow. There is definitely something happening here I feel we are being systematically being locked out. How do all these visa agents get time slots? they surely do not go through all the aggrevation we do. What is their secret for getting slots. Seems we are being herded in the direction of these so called agents well I still have 8 more tries left but I doubt if I will get a slot. Well thats fine to before I pay these so called agents one baht I will at age 77 go there and sit for hours and hold my head high. I will not bend to this kind of a system. A couple years ago we could go and sign up in a book and come back at 8 a.m. for a number. At least we did not have to sit there for hours. They scrapped this system because they felt it was being misused well guess what I think we are there again with the present system.

Edited by elgordo38

Am not sure what you people are talking about, lived here six years Bangkok, hua hin , korat.

I am a retiree have to gi in annually to prove how much pension I get inc a letter from usa embassy, in Chang

Wattana, hua hin, korat maximum is one hour wait, are you guys complaining just about Chaing Mai ?.

Yes

At age 77 I should not be forced like some cattle beast to sit outside in a line up for 3 or 4 hours. So much for Thai respect for the elderly.

You are certainly not forced to do anything. It's your choice if you wish to apply for a extension, or not.

At age 77 I should not be forced like some cattle beast to sit outside in a line up for 3 or 4 hours. So much for Thai respect for the elderly.

You are certainly not forced to do anything. It's your choice if you wish to apply for a extension, or not.

And his other options for staying where he wants to be are -?

And his other options for staying where he wants to be are -?

It is really best for some people to leave, best for them and best for others.

I don;t normally agree with northernjohn's posts, but his 3rd sentence is it exactly, in my opinion. People are moving here faster than the system can catch up. Add to that what many of the people moving here expect to change to fit their own ideas and it compounds the complaining. It is what it is and most people find a way to deal with it. Many find a way to complain about the system and how other people deal with it.

Edited by hml367

past.

attachicon.gif1.jpg

attachicon.gif2.jpg

attachicon.gif3.jpg

attachicon.gif4.jpg

Not good.

Did you try different browsers?

Has anyone been able to book an online slot, in this month for instance? That would give a good idea if the system is crock or being abused?

Edited by Thailand

Elgordo if you're still persisting in the notion of not giving any baht to a visa agent and can't get an appointment -- there are always tuk-tuks available 24 hrs/day down at the Orchid Hotel or in front of Kad Suan Kaew. I believe you live close to there. I've gone out to Immigration at 4 am and been able to find one there. Often one will whiz past on Huay Kaew even before I get to KSK.

You've mentioned having a girlfriend. Could she be persuaded to go out early to get your queue number?

And Beetlejuice, I don't think the sad state of CM Immigration is deterring new retirees from coming here. The process of converting a visa-exempt or tourist visa into a retirement extension has gotten so complex since late 2014 that most I know hire a visa agent anyway. The new retirees coming in seem to be more flush, a little richer and not living on the edge like the retirees who came here after the global crash in 2008-2009. The idea of paying a visa agent a few hundred dollars and not having to put up with CM Immigration seems like a good deal to them.

No I am not a Brit I am a Canuck so its best not to make assumptions. Yes it is unreasonable to ask a 77 year old man to get up at 3.00 a.m. and stand there like some cattle beast for hours. I have no car or motorbike and taxi's do not run that early so I guess according to you I should walk right? Part of Thai culture is respect for older people but immigration has sure dropped the ball on dealing with the elderly. Kind of reminds me of a movie I saw last week called Empire of the Sun.

If you read my previous post properly, and the post that I quoted, you should be able to see that I was answering rawhod's comments, and agreeing with your comments so I'm not sure why you're taking that tone of voice with me? I said it was unreasonable for you to have to queue up from 5am, not reasonable.

Since you're obviously in the mood for an argument, I'd like to point out that you can easily book a taxi for 3am, just pick up the phone. You're doing yourself no favours by trying to invent problems that don't even exist.

I'm not Thai and I'm not particularly interested in Thai culture. I prefer my own culture - respect those people that earn it, regardless of age. There are just as many ignorant people in their late 70s as there are ignorant teenagers (proportionately) and I see no reason to respect somebody just because they have been fortunate enough to avoid dying so far. You don't magically become a worthy person once you reach 70.

Edited by eaglesflight

Not good.

Has anyone been able to book an online slot, in this month for instance? That would give a good idea if the system is crock or being abused?

Booked one online last week, the usual way.

They could have a browser issue, many are not clean.

Not good.

About browsers no that is not a problem & connections are fast etc.

Bottom line is either they are in reality either pre-sold/promised what ever or the system is just very swamped these days

But still ..........

1- At 12am sharp by Atomic clock time one slot was gone when they opened

2- No matter how fast I was & trust me I am very computer capable & fast which is why I could also do

screen captures as well as document this. Obviously It was not fast enough given less than 4 minutes to obtain

1 of 10 available. But there is no way to go faster than what I did IMHO

3- Bottom line? Pre 12:04 all slots gone period

10 slots less than 4 minutes this is reality

Lastly perhaps others will have better luck during other months & perhaps these are busy months? Who knows

Perhaps this is just the state of things & after all 10 slots per day reserve-able is a tiny

amount given how many foreigners live in CM

Anyway smile.png:)

Edited by mania

Not good.

I was able to book an appointment on the same night that the OP was referring to when starting this thread....I have an appointment on 3 September that I scheduled on 26 May 2015 at 12:01 a.m. Used the Google Chrome browser, if that matters.

The system is better now, should be quoted in the past tense, such as the system did improve but has failed to adapt to the extra payload.

I believe it is exactly the opposite; It is not the people who are the problem, but rather the the system that can no longer accommodate them and it`s going to become a lot worse before it gets better, or in the hope that it gets better.

For those of us who are here legitimately, paying our way and fulfil all the imposed terms to remain in Thailand for the long term, deserve better and not treated like refugees seeking sanitary and Government assistance. Although the staff at Immigration are always polite and doing their level best to provide a service, visiting Immigration is still a stressful and unpleasant experience, when it should be only a matter of routine.

For ex-pats like our elgordo38, I fully sympathise and understand their grievances.

It is a matter of routine you just have been unable to adapt to it. The system is fine they just need more staff. All of witch hopefully will be taken care of when they move. Also when they get the bugs ironed out of the 90 day on line report. I don't understand why you feel like a refuge. I don't. I feel like a guest here in Thailand who with a one minor inconvenience every year is allowed to live here for ever.

Do you live in a refuge camp?

If so I can understand why you feel that way. I have been in a refuge camp and it is indeed a sad thing for people from the west. For many Asians it is a step up.

There cant be many farangs in Thailand who allowed to live here forever. The best most of achieve is a 1 year extension of stay. One year later if the rules of the extension change it could be adios for some people. What if one day Thailand feels the 800k requirement is too low and they only want "wealthy" retirees? Change to 1.6 million or whatever. What if there is a language test for marriage extensions. These are common in other countries and quite tough.

Dear Moderators

As the starter of this thread could I request that you please close it.

1. I am staggered by all the ill will that is cast about towards myself and the topic and among the readers

2. One positive thing that emerged was that I found out what a wonderful person Nancy L is and also 1 or 2 others there should be more like her/them on the planet and less of others. She spreads goodwill and never has a hurtful word to say how refreshing.

3. Yes as so many writers say I could pack it in and return to my home country but I have made a commitment here to my g/f and being old school I keep my word I would never abandon her. She is a real jewel. She is such a kind young lady and I often worry about what will happen to her after I pass on as I am not rich but will provide as much as I can. She is far different than a lot of Thai ladies I see portrayed here. She should be a poster girl of all that is great about this country.

4. Sadly immigration is broken and I guess I will just have to live with the crumbs offered and pray for change even though I am not a religious

5. Yes I am a stubborn old coot and will not bow down to all the visa runners etc.while I can still move my body. I do not always take the easy way out. Its just that I would expect so much better from a country that seems to put so much emphasis on thoughtfulness and caring for the elderly but then life is illusionary at best.

Thank You to all the helpful people who contributed especially the person that displayed the pictures of the immigration site. To all the stone throwers have at it I have thick skin.