Man flees Bangkok after stabbing girlfriend in broad daylight

webfact

Man flees Bangkok after stabbing girlfriend in broad daylight (VIDEO)
By Coconuts Bangkok

stab.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Police are hunting for a man who publicly stabbed his girlfriend in broad daylight in Bangkok’s Phra Nakhon district.

In dramatic footage spreading online, a man identified by police as Worachai Leelawanlop, 33, runs down Wanida Kakaew, a 20-year-old fermented sausage vendor, and stabbed her repeatedly in front of her house Tuesday in the middle Soi Samsen 41, where she lives.

According Wanida’s father, the pair had been arguing. Wallop pointed a knife at Wanida's throat but she tried to run away [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/05/28/man-flees-bangkok-after-stabbing-girlfriend-broad-daylight-video

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-05-28

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a pretty disturbing video.

I'll still never understand how a person can hurt or kill another person so easily in this country...

One can only hope her family find him before the police...

Fanning the injured --prior to wound care-- is part of first aid procedure?

I think she's keeping the bbq going. One person seems to reach down & pick something up to eat.

Come on, this older man was trying his best in a situation he and most of us had never experienced. He didn't know what to do and he not run away or ignore her, rather he helped. She got to the hospital. Let's hope she pulls through and the man who attacked her is put away for a long time.

And this insensitive nonsense about "keeping the bbq going" is trashy.

I'll still never understand how a person can hurt or kill another person so easily in this country...

"I'll still never understand how a person can hurt or kill another person so easily in this country..."

Well, at least he's one on one in broad daylight and he will be caught.........eventually. I doubt he has the resources to buy himself.

OTOH dropping 500lb bombs from a B52 from 35,000 feet is possibly a little less personal?

It's not a Thai thing. Don't you know that there are murders all over the world every day.

In the Thai press they said the man is her bf and they had been in a relationship for 2 years. On the day of the stabbing the bf had gone round to her house to try and get her to come back to him after she had tried to end the relationship. A fierce argument began and the bf started to beat her. Her father called the police from Chanasongkram police station at the end of Khao San Rd who came and quietened things down and she made an official complaint to the police. After the police left, 1/2 an hour later the bf returned and the argument started up again. He picked up a knife and tried to force her to come with him on his motorcycle. At this point she ran away down the soi and he picked up a pair of scissors she had been using to prepare the Isan sausage she sold, chased after her and stabbed her several times, as seen in the video. She was taken to hospital but police say she is out of danger. Another report said she was still in ICU where doctors feared the wounds could become infected.
An arrest warrant has been issued for the bf.

It's not a Thai thing. Don't you know that there are murders all over the world every day.

As a comparison in Australia, with a population of approx 24 million, two women a week are murdered by men, usually by current or ex male partner.

http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2015/s4215739.htm

Statistically speaking murder is common in Thailand. In fact, the figures for Homicide by Firearm are much worse in Thailand than even the USA.

Statistically you are 24x more likely to be a victim of homicide by firearm in Thailand than in the UK (Of course, it rarely affects expats or tourists). However you are 120x more likely to be a victim of car crime (theft of or from a vehicle) in the UK than you are in Thailand.

You know what they say about statistics.

For the one time you see this on video there are literally thousands of abuse incidents occurring daily. It is an absolute shame. How many ladies have you met that say "I had husband/bf and he always 'thai boxing me" ..pathetic and sad.

I know the area, it's full of people.
Why the <deleted!> did nobody come to help the lady?
Everybody waiting for everybody else, or just afraid of getting hassled as a witness?

Things like this happen in big cities all over the world.
Police, please teach Thai ladies to cry "Fire!" if they need help.

No, it's not true at all, take off your pink glasses, as a ThaiVisa poster I can assure you that there are no crime no rape no scam all over the World, and certainly not every days. Only in Thailand, yessir its easy to understand in fact it is due to the Thais nature! If you do not believe me you'll find the living proof thanks to the hundred of comments on the ThaiVisa Forum every days, so stop being in bad faith. whistling.gif Pfffff

Macho Thainess at it's best, not only do we have a brutal stabbing of a 20 year old girl, but I'm greeted with news of a reported rape of a British 19 year old this morning. This is the very reason I do not have any male Thai friends, they are too emotionally volitile and cannot be trusted not to shoot you after one beer, then run back to mummy.