Yingluck, Surapong could face charges relating to Thaksin passports

Lite Beer

Nothing but a witch-hunt!!

And the NACC are politically neutral.................cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

They have had 4 years to indict them, and sure it is a pure coincidence it is happening now??

Sure Yingluck and Surapong should face the music, but this stinks !!

Well in 3 of those years, it just wasn't going to happen for bloody obvious reasons. Even a clear cut case of perjury saw Tarit squirming to change the definition of perjury.

As for the last 12 months, it seems there were bigger crimes to investigate. The good news is that this one is a slam dunk, hopefully with the emphasis on the slammer.

Looks like they are finally burring the Shins too bad YL had to get caught up in it. But then again dear brother is responsible.

No country in the world would give a convicted criminal a passport. One that tried to bribe judges among other things. That shows a total lack of respect for the law. Then it got hand delivered to him by Surapong that is not normal procedure and I hope Surapong does time for it.

As for JOC.. how to indict with the PTP in power.. with a Tarit that lied and others.. no way now they can do it because judges don't have to fear for their lives (red rabble is under control for the time being) So now justice can be done.

Thank you Robbie for proving my point.............wai2.gif It is all political

Officially both the NACC and the judiciary are non-political organisations, they didn't need Tarit or his DSI to move forward..........

I am all for justice being served, but the way this is handled, makes Mr P and his Generals no better than the people they are going after!!

If you are for justice being served then stop moaning when it happens.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kim Dae Jung. Convicted and sentenced to death, who subsequently became President of South Korea. I presume he had a diplomatic passport.

I would also assume his conviction had been wiped before he got the passport.

Kim Dae Jung. Convicted and sentenced to death, who subsequently became President of South Korea. I presume he had a diplomatic passport.

Let's not start moving the goalposts, old chap. I answered the question.

Edit:

Good old Bob Mugabe is a convicted criminal too, and a regular visitor to Thailand. Another one with a passport, then...

Edited by baboon

What are the red fans so uppitty about ?

The crime was carried out in broad daylight for all to see, who cares how long it takes for justice to be done.

( I notice their comments are getting more and more desperate, and soon you will hear click - click - click and then they will throw the empty gun at their detractors.............................. cheesy.gif )

YL, when in Mongolia, told the world what she thought about the trumped-up yellow charges against her brother.

As far as they & the largest section of the Thai electorate were concerned, the charges are illegitimate.

And what do you think was bribing of the judges acceptable or not ? The cake box incident.

Just shows that YL thinks bribing judges is ok.

When the judges have your opponents in their ears & back pockets you have to try to level the playing field somehow

The crime was carried out in broad daylight for all to see, who cares how long it takes for justice to be done.

( I notice their comments are getting more and more desperate, and soon you will hear click - click - click and then they will throw the empty gun at their detractors.............................. cheesy.gif )

YL, when in Mongolia, told the world what she thought about the trumped-up yellow charges against her brother.

As far as they & the largest section of the Thai electorate were concerned, the charges are illegitimate.

If he is as wealthy as they say, and the charges are illegitimate, what does he have to fear ? If he is so popular and powerful why does he not make a hero's return and face the "illegitimate charges" ?

I think you will find, at the end of the day, he is nothing but a common criminal on the run who knows he is guilty. The only way that spineless slug will return is if he is granted amnesty, and that will cause another coup and he will run back to Dubai. Too bad about the mess he leaves behind.

This constant witchhunt is getting ridiculous if I were her I would run they are out to get her and wont stop until they do

No way she can get a fair trial here with the current administration

And what do you think was bribing of the judges acceptable or not ? The cake box incident.

When the judges have your opponents in their ears & back pockets you have to try to level the playing field somehow

I thought so.. red logic. No wonder PTP and their supporters are constantly getting in trouble with the law.

Edit:

Good old Bob Mugabe is a convicted criminal too, and a regular visitor to Thailand. Another one with a passport, then...

Well done.. and the similarities in this case with Thaksin. I wonder if this guy will roll over in is grave after having you associate him with Thaksin. This guy was called the Mandela of the east.

But he was not a criminal on the run when he got his diplomatic passport like your hero.

"YL, when in Mongolia, told the world what she thought about the trumped-up yellow charges against her brother. "

What charges are you referring to?

What a load of BS, can't you think of a better excuse?

They have had 4 years to indict them, and sure it is a pure coincidence it is happening now??

Well in 3 of those years, it just wasn't going to happen for bloody obvious reasons. Even a clear cut case of perjury saw Tarit squirming to change the definition of perjury.

As for the last 12 months, it seems there were bigger crimes to investigate. The good news is that this one is a slam dunk, hopefully with the emphasis on the slammer.

Looks like they are finally burring the Shins too bad YL had to get caught up in it. But then again dear brother is responsible.

No country in the world would give a convicted criminal a passport. One that tried to bribe judges among other things. That shows a total lack of respect for the law. Then it got hand delivered to him by Surapong that is not normal procedure and I hope Surapong does time for it.

As for JOC.. how to indict with the PTP in power.. with a Tarit that lied and others.. no way now they can do it because judges don't have to fear for their lives (red rabble is under control for the time being) So now justice can be done.

Fair comments.

Yeah, bigger crimes to investigate, right. And how is that working out? How bloody blind does one have to be to not understand that the coup, the BS reformation talk and everything since, especially your 'bigger crimes', are nothing more than smoke and mirrors to attempt to distract from the single mindedness of destroying a family the power grabbers fear with jealousy for trying to lead all Thais toward a common goal.

It's interesting to see the divided comments about the Shinawatra dynasty, even within the Expat community!

The fact is, the past is catching up with "the Puppeteer" & if nothing else, the revocation of his Passports & police ranking of lieutenant colonel will have him "lose face" within the Thai community.

Likewise for Yingluck , if cases proven of negligence, dereliction of duty & possibly now,abuse of authority, apart from any penalties, she will also "lose face".

For Thais, that is the ultimate insult or degradation.

So be it!!!

It's interesting to see the divided comments about the Shinawatra dynasty, even within the Expat community!

The fact is, the past is catching up with "the Puppeteer" & if nothing else, the revocation of his Passports & police ranking of lieutenant colonel will have him "lose face" within the Thai community.

Likewise for Yingluck , if cases proven of negligence, dereliction of duty & possibly now,abuse of authority, apart from any penalties, she will also "lose face".

For Thais, that is the ultimate insult or degradation.

So be it!!!

Yeah, bigger crimes to investigate, right. And how is that working out? How bloody blind does one have to be to not understand that the coup, the BS reformation talk and everything since, especially your 'bigger crimes', are nothing more than smoke and mirrors to attempt to distract from the single mindedness of destroying a family the power grabbers fear with jealousy for trying to lead all Thais toward a common goal.

If they can't do the time, they shouldn't have done the crime. Your last sentence would have better read "leading his criminal co-conspirators to a common gaol."

I thought it was Taksin's recent ani-Thai comments and possible Lèse majesté law violations that caused Taksin's passport issue to come up now?

Sure, could be just an excuse, but it seems a valid one.

Prayuth's other option would be to ignore Taksin's comments, and then people would complaining that he's doing nothing about it.

Edit:

Well done.. and the similarities in this case with Thaksin. I wonder if this guy will roll over in is grave after having you associate him with Thaksin. This guy was called the Mandela of the east.

But he was not a criminal on the run when he got his diplomatic passport like your hero.

But... But... But...

Another one changing the rules of the game as it is being played. I answered your question and that's that.

Love threads like this!!

All the anti-Thaksin posters are out in full force! Repeating all the usual mantras. Group-hugs all around!!

Cross-"liking" each others master-class posts. Call Mr T an a**e and you post will become "popular" !

You must all have suffered very badly under the various Shin governments!!

I take it must be something personal, since most you don't give a sh*t about the Thai population (almost 16 million voted for Mr T as their favorite thief), judged by the normally high number of posts filled with Thai bashing!

That decision by the PT Government to allow a convicted criminal to keep passports, including a diplomatic one runs contrary to normal LAW.

These two individuals clearly broke the Law an d should face justice. Don't forget to throw the key away!

you might complaint that this did nor happen earlier

but not that it happens now

another nail in the coffin for the red shirt leader this government for want of a better name are intent on whitewashing not only the previous government but also the one before does mr ocha really think he can subgigate the people keep the red shirts down its all pie in the sky .

Its not even so much about the passports or amnesty itself, it is about all the positive infrastructure and regulatory work that could have been done instead, during the large amounts of valuable time they wasted on these entirely self-serving plans.

Don't you read the papers about future infrastructure,trains ect.They can do more than 1 thing at a time you know.It takes more than 1 year to fix the last 10 years of inaction.It's taken 6 years of Obama to turn around 8 years of Bush.

I wonder what number they are up to on Suthep's 'Eliminate Thaksin manual'

Good for him & Mark that his boss is carrying it out to the letter.

Unfortunately they can't cull the whole population of Lanna so the Dems still won't win.

They can have Lanna,Issan is where the work is being done.Issan,the South and Bangers and the Lanna's can weep.

Thank you Robbie for proving my point.............wai2.gif It is all political

Officially both the NACC and the judiciary are non-political organisations, they didn't need Tarit or his DSI to move forward..........

I am all for justice being served, but the way this is handled, makes Mr P and his Generals no better than the people they are going after!!

Nothing political about it.. can you give me 1 example where a convicted criminal gets a diplomatic passport ? Its not a normal thing no where in the world.

But hey JOC you do prove my point that its hard to reason with fanatics.

Actually the USA will issue passports to convicts. The only exception is for felonious drug conviction (and certain misdemeanours of a similar sort)...with caveats. The conviction has to have stemmed from an international crime and the period where the restriction last only is for the time of incarceration or parole.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/22/2714

**edit**

Forgot that there's a restriction on those convicted of treason.

Edited by dave_boo

-snip-

I think that if Thaksin had kept a low profile and said nothing then he may have been able to keep the passports. However being Thaksin he cannot keep quiet or a low profile and now he is starting to discover that money can't buy everything and the more times that he shows his head over the parapet the more trouble he gets into.

I think Thaksin is playing the game well and the junta are the losers. Thaksin has a diplomatic passport from another country so what did he lose? He's already a fugitive from justice.

OTOH it is all over the world news that an M word D word is throwing its weight around. Few approve of a government by gunpoint and these actions are seen as retaliatory. Thaksin says some things and the junta loses its cool. It becomes apparent that the junta is afraid of Thaksin.

Thaksin 2, Junta 0.

Cheers

you serious?

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif