Car really commits to ramming motorbike in Pattaya

webfact

<snip>

I don't think anyone can call judgement on this one.

I reckon that guy has a lot of enemies, and his 'reward' will cost him 30,000 baht + a few bullets.

The car driver showed no regard for the woman on the back of the motorbike : she could have been seriously hurt.

The story of him being completely innocent of anything however is the only thing we can be sure of. It is definitely a lie.

And you know this how? Full disclosure: I don't live in Pattaya.

I don't believe the "I am totally innocent, haven't done anything to offend anyone and was unaware of being followed..." story. The gunslinger is lying and most likely has been acting up, showing the finger and calling the driver names... perhaps even flashed a gun at him? The story is fishy to say the least.

And someone just a day or two ago was trying to tell us she would rather drive in Thailand than the UK because there is no road rage here like there is back there. I don't agree 100% that the motorcyclist did anything to provoke the driver, because it's not uncommon for a Thai male to misinterpret something as a slight to his precious ego. Even a thumbs up "thank you" and polite nod of the head got me chased and then verbally abused by a precious one once. And just recently I was threatened by another precious one when I tooted my horn to warn him he was about to hit a pothole, which I pointed to, but that wasn't good enough for him. I tooted him - bad form.

In Thailand it is not considered "Road Rage." It is little more than Thainess exemplified.

Edited by hiller

About 10 years ago I was on my motorbike when a pickup done a uturn and almost knocked me off my bike.

Out of anger I peeped my horn and waved my fist at the guy. Then suddenly while in front of me he slowed down and moved in over to the left still traveling slowly in the hope I would over take him. Then I realised the guy had a big advantage over me, him driving a pickup and me on a 100cc pop pop bike. So I slowed down and stayed behind him. Then the guy stopped completely, I went passed him then he started up again and began following me, I could see him gaining speed on me in my mirrors. At the time my heart was pounding wondering if he had intentions on ramming my bike or not, especially because there was hardly anyone else on the road. Out of extreme fear and panic I turned left into someone`s property, stopped, got off my bike, walked outside and waited for 10 minutes until the guy was gone. After that I drove off home but on the alert for the rest of the journey.

That was one huge lesson for me, after that I decided that if anything happens like that in the future, it is best to grip my teeth, swallow my pride and let it go.

The lesson here is, never get involved in road rage in Thailand.

About 10 years ago I was on my motorbike when a pickup done a uturn and almost knocked me off my bike.

Out of anger I peeped my horn and waved my fist at the guy. Then suddenly while in front of me he slowed down and moved in over to the left still traveling slowly in the hope I would over take him. Then I realised the guy had a big advantage over me, him driving a pickup and me on a 100cc pop pop bike. So I slowed down and stayed behind him. Then the guy stopped completely, I went passed him then he started up again and began following me, I could see him gaining speed on me in my mirrors. At the time my heart was pounding wondering if he had intentions on ramming my bike or not, especially because there was hardly anyone else on the road. Out of extreme fear and panic I turned left into someone`s property, stopped, got off my bike, walked outside and waited for 10 minutes until the guy was gone. After that I drove off home but on the alert for the rest of the journey.

That was one huge lesson for me, after that I decided that if anything happens like that in the future, it is best to grip my teeth, swallow my pride and let it go.

I experienced 3 similar situation on my big bike.

One a taxi meter on the highway, second a government official in uniform on sukhumvit and the third some idiot in Rayong who effectively 2 times went for my front wheel at high speed.

You're very helpless on a bike against a car.

All three came from behind and expected me to make place, because they were the me first type, while I had no option to move.

Edited by Anthony5

I experienced 3 similar situation on my big bike.

One a taxi meter on the highway, second a government official in uniform on sukhumvit and the third some idiot in Rayong who effectively 2 times went for my front wheel at high speed.

You're very helpless on a bike against a car.

All three came from behind and expected me to make place, because they were the me first type, while I had no option to move.

The fact here is, and I`m sure you will agree, is to avoid getting into any disputes here in Thailand. I have witnessed some disagreements between the locals down my way and once they start getting into it the situation becomes very scary, they go psycho at each other.

I can fully understand anger on the roads when some a/holes place our lives in jeopardy without a care just to save a few micro seconds on their journeys. When this has happened to me, I feel I want to turn green, transform into an Incredible Hulk type character and rip them apart limb from limb.

But these days having direct confrontations is a dangerous game. There is truth in the old saying; better to be a live coward, than a dead hero.

is road rage a criminal offence in this country. catch the idiot and crush his car in front of him. lets see him get angry over that.

That would only hurt the finance company. He'd have another car in his Sisters name within days.

Reward offered as motorbike is rammed by car in Central Pattaya

ram-6.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Late on Wednesday Night a White Toyota Vios rammed a motorbike off the road causing the driver and passenger on the bike to fall onto the road. Both the victims cannot explain why the car driver rammed their vehicle.

The incident was captured on CCTV and occurred close to the Big C Xtra on the Central Pattaya Road. The car, driven by what appeared to be a Thai man, with two female passengers, was seen to drive slowly and then the bike, driven by Khun Panuwat aged 32, cut in front to overtake but was then rammed by the car driver.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/199290/reward-offered-as-motorbike-is-rammed-by-car-in-central-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-06-05

Am sure the motor-bike did something to wind-up the car driver.

Car driver intended only a minor injury on the motor-bike riders.

Maybe the motor-bike rider should do more with the 30,000 Baht reward, i.e. buy a safety helmet.

You know nothing,you weren't there.

A head full of yabba wouldn´t help either........

And there is the truth of probably 80% of the road rage in this country, the Yabba combined with Lao Chow a lot of the time just to make them even more deranged...

Who is this Lao Chow?Is he A Chinese driver,down for a holiday in Chiang Mai.

Maybe the motor-bike rider should do more with the 30,000 Baht reward, i.e. buy a safety helmet.

I disagree.

I thought it good that he was willing to offer up some of his hard earned to get car drivers like this off the roads, or at least punished.

He could have killed or maimed.

I do not know if there was a personal problem with the driver of the car with the couple on the motorbike. But years of living here I in general believe that Thai drivers do not fully understand a vehicle is a weapon. I travel Pattaya throughout the day on my bike many times just off the Freeway 7, even when I'm traveling within the speed limit and there is no where to go and a red light is present at the intersection of Sukhumvit vehicles would come behind me within a car length or around me to get in front as if I had no right to be on the road. Driver here will demand the right of way based on the size of the vehicle. Go to some intersection and watch.

On two occasions in the last six years, I've been in a confrontations with Thai drivers using their vehicles as a weapon. Once on Siam Country/ Sukhumvit, I had my son on my bike, we were waiting for vehicles in front of me to make the left, next thing I know a small trucks taps my motorbike from behind first I thought it was a mistake so I moved forward a bit, it happen again, I pull the bike over and told my son to stay put, I walked over to the car basically found out the guy wanted me to move out of the way so he could get closer to make the left.

Second, time, going down Pattaya Klang, from Sukhumvit going around 40/50 Km/H, I look at my mirror I see this white Vios just on my tail like 100 CM, I turn my head and look back, this gesture set the guy off, he speeds around me and opens his window yelling at me while driving, finally we hit the intersection red light and I'm just looking at him just laughing and smiling which seems to set him off more. Finally, the light changes and I shake my head and make a left, I look in the mirror and here the guy comes in rage... I was thinking of taking off on my bike but I wasn't going to have this guy chasing me in high speed in a crowded area. So at the next small Soi I made a left and pull over, go off my bike and waited for the guy to come out. His basic complaint was, so what if I came close to you, as long as I do not hit you what is the problem. This is basically their mentality when they drive. I just stood their as he jumped around like a monkey waiting for the punch that never came. Finally, I just make a gesture to zip his month, got back on the bike and left.

They are clueless

Edited by thailand49

A post has been removed:

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

So many Thais just seem be be bubbling over with anger, frustration and massive egotistical deficiencies with massive chips on their shoulders.

They seem to get hurt very, very easily and then take violent revenge that's out of all proportion to the perceived slight.

I see it everyday riding my motorbike. Overtake a Thai and almost every time they need to come at you aggressively to get back ahead of you. It seems to flick a switch in their head, and to be sedated they need to beat you. Often, after this, they start their gloating at having 'beaten' you.

It is massively bizarre and massively pitiful at the same time. One can only wonder the horror of feeling this challenged everyday of your life.

coffee1.gif

i expect this out of a box of rocks , ehhh.... maybe you and auto driver friends ?

No way, 500 baht fine max.

Amazing Thiland.