Got Double Entry Tourist Visa in Hanoi

Got a double entry tourist visa at Hanoi embassy without any problems yesterday. Need only copy of my inbound and outbound flights. Cost 80$, pickup pasport next day afternoon. The friendly office lady asked me only why i have so much entries before and whats my reason go to Thailand. I told her i will visit some different places in Thailand and some Thai friends, also answered that i came more than 25 years as a tourist to LOS. The office lady give me a smile back and told to pickup the pasport next day afternoon. No waiting. all the process include filling the visa formular 5 minutes.

• 1 month later...

Surprising...I thought you only could get single there...

Did you have to show 20.000 THB like they say on their website?

http://www.thaiembassy.org/hanoi/th/services/1761/25691-Tourist-Visa.html

No, i dont need to show any money, but i gave her copies of my flight tickets in and out of Thailand. Also the officer asked me what i do in Thailand, because my pasport have a lot in and out stamps. But no problems at all, will go to Vietnam again in november, try to get a double tourist visa at Saigon (with showing flight tickets)

Edited by ubonjoe
moved reply from quoted text

Surprising...I thought you only could get single there...

Did you have to show 20.000 THB like they say on their website?

http://www.thaiembassy.org/hanoi/th/services/1761/25691-Tourist-Visa.html

No, i dont need to show any money, but i gave her copies of my flight tickets in and out of Thailand. Also the officer asked me what i do in Thailand, because my pasport have a lot in and out stamps. But no problems at all, will go to Vietnam again in november, try to get a double tourist visa at Saigon (with showing flight tickets)

post-239437-0-22223300-1436242696_thumb.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I had the same experience back in Oct 2014. Double entry no problem (even with many multiple entry tourist visas, an ED and a B). I did have photocopies of two sets of flights that would show back to Thailand and then leave and back again (which is why I needed the double in the first place). No problems except they wanted money in USD, not Thai Baht or VN Kip, so I had to find a place to change money into USD.

• 5 months later...

whistling.gif Note the date on the original post.

it is no longer possible to get a double entry tourist visa In either Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh today since the introduction of the METV in late 2015

it is still possible to get a single entry tourist visa from either one of them today however.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

For an SETV, you need an onward flight out of Thailand within 60 days of your planned arrival.

There was a recent thread on getting an Ed visa at the Ho Chi Minh City consulate that indicated they were helpful and efficient. The same should be the case in Hanoi.

51 minutes ago, thaitero said:

Are you sure it has to be within within 60 days ? within 90 days not accepted?

You can ask them. However, the normal rules in consulates where they are want to see onward tickets is that the possibility of extensions is ignored. Originally, extensions to tourist visas were supposed to be granted exceptionally, at the discretion of the immigration officials, when the tourist's travel plans changed for some reason. If a 90-day tourist visa for an extra 1,900 baht had been the original intention, they would have made this an option for consulates to issue. As we know, extensions to tourist visas are now automatically granted, but the law as written does not reflect this. Thus, you can expect consulates to want to see an onward ticket within 60 days.

9 minutes ago, BritTim said:

You can ask them. However, the normal rules in consulates where they are want to see onward tickets is that the possibility of extensions is ignored. Originally, extensions to tourist visas were supposed to be granted exceptionally, at the discretion of the immigration officials, when the tourist's travel plans changed for some reason. If a 90-day tourist visa for an extra 1,900 baht had been the original intention, they would have made this an option for consulates to issue. As we know, extensions to tourist visas are now automatically granted, but the law as written does not reflect this. Thus, you can expect consulates to want to see an onward ticket within 60 days.

O.k

Tickets within 60 days can of course obtained if they want so no  big problem there either way..

Generally i know that Thai embassy in Helsinki require but accept tickets within 90 days so that why i asked..