Can foreigners buy hospitality businesses?

This is my last attempt. If you cannot answer the question I'll leave you alone to play with yourself. I've been more than gracious in the face of your complete idiocy.

So...

Where does it state that a foreigner cannot work in a list 1 company?

I'll help you. It isn't stated anywhere. Foreigners can work in list 1 companies. I work in a list 1 company, and other foreigners do too. The foreigners I know who work in list 1 companies all have work permits and extensions of stay. Many of us are married to Thai nationals and have Thai children.

You have no proof that foreigners cannot work in a list 1 company. You are unable to post any relevant links. That's the reality of the situation.

All you can, and will do, is waffle.

What the heck are you driveling on about?

Get a grip or cut back on the cheap beers.

OP question, can a foreigner buy hospitality business? Answer yes,

Not your drivel about BOI and all the rest of the nonsense.

Can a foreigners work in any field? No he can not.

Now, go away and stop trolling

Please don't misrepresent what I said. I did not say a foreigner could work in any field, because clearly they can not. I said a foreigner can work in a list 1 company.

You have been so adamant it is impossible you've even gone so far as to say I don't live in Thailand and I don't have such a job.

Personally I think innerspace got it spot on.

As for cheap beer... fortunately I think our lifestyles are very different, which is a blessing.

This is my last attempt. If you cannot answer the question I'll leave you alone to play with yourself. I've been more than gracious in the face of your complete idiocy.

So...

Where does it state that a foreigner cannot work in a list 1 company?

I'll help you. It isn't stated anywhere. Foreigners can work in list 1 companies. I work in a list 1 company, and other foreigners do too. The foreigners I know who work in list 1 companies all have work permits and extensions of stay. Many of us are married to Thai nationals and have Thai children.

You have no proof that foreigners cannot work in a list 1 company. You are unable to post any relevant links. That's the reality of the situation.

All you can, and will do, is waffle.

What the heck are you driveling on about?

Get a grip or cut back on the cheap beers.

OP question, can a foreigner buy hospitality business? Answer yes,

Not your drivel about BOI and all the rest of the nonsense.

Can a foreigners work in any field? No he can not.

Now, go away and stop trolling

Please don't misrepresent what I said. I did not say a foreigner could work in any field, because clearly they can not. I said a foreigner can work in a list 1 company.

You have been so adamant it is impossible you've even gone so far as to say I don't live in Thailand and I don't have such a job.

Personally I think innerspace got it spot on.

As for cheap beer... fortunately I think our lifestyles are very different, which is a blessing.

Still posting drivel i see.thumbsup.gif

My god, some of you TV members on here are like

School children. The op is trying to get a normal a

Civilised conversation an all we are getting is

Konying an Blackcab bickering with each other.

Grow up you two.

Edited by Sooo Upto Me

Foreigners are not normally allowed to be registered as a part owner of a hospitality business at all. Remember that in most instances, you can only own 49% of a business in Thailand anyway.

By hospitality, I mean hotels, or the sale of food and beverages as these activities are on list 3 of the restricted business activities under the Foreign Business Act 1999.

It is possible to be registered as a 49% owner of a hospitality business, but you need approval from the BOI. So in reality, that pretty much means no.

Explain all the expats that own bars, restaurants, operate food trucks, make and sell food at the various Farmer's Markets every weekend.

Be careful how you or they define "own". Majority owner? The few restaurant "owners" I knew were the big boss but had their wifey in on the deal.