Why do 7/11`s not have charity boxes?

ryanhull

Hey All,

I am so used to places like KFC blah blah, and back in the UK to popping my loose change into a charity box, (sling it in the charity box) often I will buy something in 7/11 and go to put my change in a non existent charity box and think oh yeah, they dont have one, why do they not have them? I would assume given the amount of 7/11 stores the charity box`s combined would be a huge amount year by year, just curious is all?

Cheers

I don't care if they called it a charity box or a staff tip box. I would rather put loose change in that than carry it around with me.

Throw it on the floor then or give it to someone? lol .... I`d sooner give it to charity, no offense to the 7/11 staff (who work hard generally for the money they are on) but there mainly students and it will get spent on beer... charity would be best.

I don't care if they called it a charity box or a staff tip box. I would rather put loose change in that than carry it around with me.

I agree with that.

I hate the pointless bits of change you accumulate - I quite like Cambodia and Laos using only notes.

Throw it on the floor then or give it to someone? lol .... I`d sooner give it to charity, no offense to the 7/11 staff (who work hard generally for the money they are on) but there mainly students and it will get spent on beer... charity would be best.

Well that is certainly a charitable statement. I see you have a very high opinion of Thais.

Well that is certainly a charitable statement. I see you have a very high opinion of Thais.

Considering my wife and son are Thai yes I do... I am merely saying, I would rather give me change to charity rather than 7-11 staff.... think you may have misread my comment.

Beats me.....I go home, toss the change into a jar, then after a while I wrap it up and take to the bank. Last time I exchanged all those loose coins for 10,000 baht in bills smile.png.

Exacly the same as me, it goes in a tub, and when that tube becomes full I give it to all the kids in the wifes village, there eyes lighting up when I hand them a big bag of coins is worth a million bhat... they think, snacks for life!

I keep the change in my pocket and use it on the next transaction.

I think it would be a good idea to have a charity box to subsidize all the poor farangs that can't afford to pay the tourist price to get in to the National Parks.

I think not easy and cheap to manage.

Must be locked good. Than from the center at least 2 people need to come and open it, count it and sign the amount together with the staff.

What do you think would happen if some staff steels money, or even worse, someone claim 7/11 (CP) took it and it is everywhere in the news.

Edit: And CP hands out a lot charity already gigglem.gif

Edited by h90

I loathe the satang change. If something has .50 on the price i normally buy two so i don't get any satang change. Any coins i accumulate whilst i am out go in jar as i take my shoes off when i get home. These coins pay for the weekly water delivery plus any coke's or snacks from the mum and dad shop across the road.

Do any charities cruise round the residential areas collecting satang. There must be thousands of pots with kg's of satang out there.

I have also noticed that 7-11 charges for X amount of satang but gives change as though it were a half-baht more. For instance, a bottle of milk that is B24.50 and they provide B5 change when given B30. Doesn't bother me much, but it would be nice if they did provide the change. I can't be bothered to deal with satang, but I would surely drop it in a box for just about any cause. That 50 satang multiplied among millions of people every day could make a difference.

I think it would be a good idea to have a charity box to subsidize all the poor farangs that can't afford to pay the tourist price to get in to the National Parks.

Do they exist? and if they too poor to get into a national park should they be on holiday in Thailand?

Do they exist? and if they too poor to get into a national park should they be on holiday in Thailand?

Mate if Thai immigration and embassys abroud would do a decent background check wich can be done easy in most countrys for foreigners applying for visas to stay long or short term in the kingdom i think more than half of the foreigners staying in Thailand would not be allowed in or be kicked out.

I have also noticed that 7-11 charges for X amount of satang but gives change as though it were a half-baht more. For instance, a bottle of milk that is B24.50 and they provide B5 change when given B30. Doesn't bother me much, but it would be nice if they did provide the change. I can't be bothered to deal with satang, but I would surely drop it in a box for just about any cause. That 50 satang multiplied among millions of people every day could make a difference.

Spot on what I think, if you go in any KFC/Mcdonalds you will notice a charity box on every counter. Now given the amount of plastic and rubbish 7-11 cause, I think its only fair. For example, today I went to buy a youghart and a bottle of lemon ice tea... I was given a plastic bag, 2 spoons (both in mini bags) and 2 straws which I didn't want. Another subject, WHY DO 711 GIVE ME SO MUCH PLASTIC!!! joke. kind of.

Bothers you enough to mention it in a forum

Spot on what I think, if you go in any KFC/Mcdonalds you will notice a charity box on every counter. Now given the amount of plastic and rubbish 7-11 cause, I think its only fair. For example, today I went to buy a youghart and a bottle of lemon ice tea... I was given a plastic bag, 2 spoons (both in mini bags) and 2 straws which I didn't want. Another subject, WHY DO 711 GIVE ME SO MUCH PLASTIC!!! joke. kind of.

Last time I bought 1 milk and 3 yoghurt, I got 2-3 straws (they have naked one and some in protective hull (can't recall plastic or paper), I got the naked one :-(

a bunch of spoons (3-4) in mini bags

the milk in 2!! plastic bags

the yoghurt in 2!! plastic bags

obviously it is a good idea to put 3 large bottles of beer in 2 plastic bags so there is a protection if they rupture and a good idea to separate the yoghurt as the glass bottles may damage it.

But the soft milk bottle + the yoghurt could have been in 1 plastic bag instead of 4.