anyone else having 3BB disconnections all day today

smedly

Down in Jomtien VT 5

But what exactly do you mean? Is the DSL down or is the DSL up but with no data being transferred? The two are totally different problems though the end effect for the user is the same.

Have you tried restarting the modem/router? What are the LEDs indicating?

Down in Jomtien VT 5

But what exactly do you mean? Is the DSL down or is the DSL up but with no data being transferred? The two are totally different problems though the end effect for the user is the same.

Have you tried restarting the modem/router? What are the LEDs indicating?

Good questions K.

When it hasn't worked in an hour or so I reboot everything.

It's bad when it is showing connected and not working.

Issues earlier on 3bb were (for me and several others in different locations I was speaking with) specific to european servers. Asia and us were fine which would explain peoples mixed experiences.

Lasted a couple of hours then back to life.

It will, most likely, be impossible for you to generalize where the problem is nor will you be able to get 3BB to clear it up as it's an intermittent problem, but you should try until 3BB refuses to help anymore.

The plain fact is if it is a total disconnect 3BB can and will find the problem. That kind of problem is simple to find. Hell, I could find the problem with two pieces of simple test equipment. I did this kind of stuff at one time for a living. 3BB actually has more sophisticated test equipment, but the problem is they rely on them too heavily. Many of them have zero critical thinking skills to find and fix the most difficult problems and once it's in their head as to what a meter is telling them they won't change their minds. Given an intermittent problem 3BB is, IMO, usually incapable of dealing with it unless it is affecting more than one customer then they have much greater incentive to find the problem.

We have had a problem for over a year which I know is between the box in front of our house and the street (the connection at the front of the Moo Baan). We are in a small Moo Baan and 3BB refuses to fix problems if they deem them to be inside the Moo Baan. Our problem has now settled into a fairly consistent pattern. From late at night until around mid-morning to noon the internet is mostly good here at our home. But from around noon until later at night the internet is either slow to respond or it needs the modem rebooted to get anything at all or it's just on or off, up or down. When it is rebooted it is only good for about 30 second at it's worst and then it becomes impossible again so I have to reboot it again. BTW, the problem is not the modem or our Wi-Fi router as they have both been replaced temporarily and the problem persisted. This is also not indicative of a slow down because the line is being shared. This is a technical issue somewhere along the line.

I've had 3BB out many times...they have no clue, they don't believe me as to the problem because they are incapable of finding the problem. They said it was the line from the box in front of my home to inside my home so they put in a temporary line (twice) and that second line has been there now for over 4 months and the problem still exists. They can't admit being wrong and they won't believe a customer has the ability to reason through a problem like this as well or better than them.

No problem for me on Pattaya South Rd smile.png

More than 3 hours without cut:

"Data Time Counter (Second): 3:35:54"

Can be lucky and not on impacted lines ?

No problems for me recently in central Pattaya. Occasionally it gets a bit sluggish, but haven't lost the connection is a long time.

Generally you can improve the connection a great deal by changing the free router supplied by 3BB for one with better quality chipset. I am now on fibre, but when I was first on ADSL I had frequent disconnections at least every hour, when I swapped to a Thompson router with an alcatel chipset (bought from the UK on eBay) it cured the problem totally and would often go months without disconnections.

Generally you can improve the connection a great deal by changing the free router supplied by 3BB for one with better quality chipset. I am now on fibre, but when I was first on ADSL I had frequent disconnections at least every hour, when I swapped to a Thompson router with an alcatel chipset (bought from the UK on eBay) it cured the problem totally and would often go months without disconnections.

all seems good yesterday and today so far - they appear to have fixed what ever issue they were having, may I also just say that before anyone rushes out to buy new equipment and waste their money the above advice is less than accurate (no offence intended mate) - most DSL modems run the same chipsets - depending of the type of issue it could be a broad number of things that need attention for example - if it is the wifi signal that was dropping then a simple channel switch could improve things, so don't all be rushing out and buying new equipment, I run 4x networks and they all have various hardware all running "tomato firmware with bridging and all sorts of stuff going on with a user base of as many as 100+ devices at any one time and they all work just the same

I have the 4-port modem/router that 3BB sell for about 1000B and I find it to be reliable, though I only use it in bridge mode as I also have a better gigabit router. My DSL connection has been stable at 1207 kbps / 17919 kbps for many days.

On the few occasions when I have called 3BB out they have always fixed the problem (usually a cable problem resulting in lost packets and disconnections) within 24 hours. Initially it did take them some time to get a good connection and they had to change the cable outside the building, and I also had to get the building technicians to run a new cable inside the building, but since then it has been generally good.

Of course there are also occasional routing problems that affect some geographical areas, but these have generally been short-lived.

Ropy today for me couldn't Skype, access to some sites is out. Thaivisa seems OK dunno where the servers are

Had the same problem, called them they told me the international gateway was down and sure it came up in a few hours. It was a strange problem as Thaivisa and other stuff worked (they are hosted here)

Same as robblok, crap for a couple of hours late afternoon. Phoned them and they confirmed that the international server was the problem. Back up and running by 7pm.

I also changed my router to a TP-Link unit about 4 months ago.......the 3bb supplied box was worse than useless.

all seems good yesterday and today so far - they appear to have fixed what ever issue they were having, may I also just say that before anyone rushes out to buy new equipment and waste their money the above advice is less than accurate (no offence intended mate) - most DSL modems run the same chipsets - depending of the type of issue it could be a broad number of things that need attention for example - if it is the wifi signal that was dropping then a simple channel switch could improve things, so don't all be rushing out and buying new equipment, I run 4x networks and they all have various hardware all running "tomato firmware with bridging and all sorts of stuff going on with a user base of as many as 100+ devices at any one time and they all work just the same

Sorry I don't agree with you I too have changed the router for one of 10.000 bt (I am a pro user) and i definitely seen better transmissions and less disconnections. What they deliver is crap a good and more expensive ASUS with more memory and a faster chipset makes a difference. (not if you only do web-browsing) I am talking about heavy use multiple computers and devices.

and as sods law would have it, just after I posted the above all modems lost their dsl connection for about 30 mins

If they all lost it, then you can't blame your modems and its a outside problem.

With the cheaper modems this happened a lot to me.. mostly overheating and stuff.

and as sods law would have it, just after I posted the above all modems lost their dsl connection for about 30 mins

If they all lost it, then you can't blame your modems and its a outside problem.

With the cheaper modems this happened a lot to me.. mostly overheating and stuff.

yes mate I am fully aware of that, I am trying to get a feel for whether it is a street - city - regional or national issue, as not many are reporting the issue on here then I have to assume it is very localised

Archived