Thai govt seeks to extradite lese majeste suspect from New Zealand

webfact

Govt seeks to extradite lese majeste suspect from NZ
THE NATION

30262490-01_big.jpg
Tang Achiwa

BANGKOK: -- THE Office of the Attorney-General is coordinating with New Zealand to have lese majeste suspect Ekapob "Tang Achiwa" Luara extradited to face justice back home.

The move comes after the Attorney-General decided to have the suspect face trial and police learned that the fugitive was living in New Zealand.

Wanchai Roujanawong, spokesperson for the Attorney-General, said the request had been made under a 2008 extradition agreement.

An arrest warrant was issued for the 24 year old after police discovered a video clip showing him attacking the monarchy in a speech he delivered on November 27, 2013, as part of a red-shirt rally at Rajamangala Stadium in Hua Mark, Bangkok.

At the end of last year, Ekaphob posted a photograph on social media of himself and his girlfriend holding up a New Zealand passport and claiming that he has been given New Zealand citizenship.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Govt-seeks-to-extradite-lese-majeste-suspect-from--30262490.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-06-17

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The law is the law...until it's changed. This numbnuts knew the LM law existed but still broke that law. If he gets sent back to LOS it's tough luck for him.

What I can't understand is.....why the he11 did he pick NZ??? Of all the countries in the world......NEW ZEALAND!

Yes been there many times, beautiful country. Great place to live.

I see this arose from a speech from a red stage in 2013.

Lets hope they start going carefully through all the speeches from various red stages and activating the stalled cases against all the red leaders who implicated themselves with their hate and violence filled speeches when they thought they were invincible and untouchable.

You seem to know more than everyone else. Dontell what where the comments that led to the LM charges?

Lets hope they start going carefully through all the speeches from various red stages and activating the stalled cases against all the red leaders who implicated themselves with their hate and violence filled speeches when they thought they were invincible and untouchable.

What a delightful person you are.

You seem to think the red leaders should be allowed to get away with their hate and violence speeches which inspired their followers to arson and murder.

"Burn BKK to the ground". "Each bring a bottle I have a million liters of Gasoline".

No problem to you, reconciliation for the reds but what about the victims of their riots ?

I see you can only manage an insult this time, no sensible post.

You seem to think the red leaders should be allowed to get away with their hate and violence speeches which inspired their followers to arson and murder.

"Burn BKK to the ground". "Each bring a bottle I have a million liters of Gasoline".

No problem to you, reconciliation for the reds but what about the victims of their riots ?

So what did he say that is subject to the LM charge?

With no-one ever extradited from a foreign country back to Thailand over an LM arrest warrent.....you would think the penny would drop among the authorities here that no country has any respect such a dubious reason for extradition.

But....pennies drop very slowly here!

Robby I do not know your nationality or your age.

What I do know is that a heart full of anger, vengeance and hatred is very bad for health.

The human immune system thrives on happiness, we cannot make you happy, you have to do that for yourself.

Peace, forgiveness and reconciliation are extremely important in the welfare of any nation as well as the health of an individual.

Your chances of having a political person extradited from a country like New Zealand back to Thailand are very close to nil.

The New Zealand culture is one where we can roundly criticise our political opponents and then go off and have a beer with them, nothing like what you are used to in Thailand.

You it would seem know very little and are a little short on being able to work things out as well as having a poor memory.

Could the NZ after my name give a clue, age not your business.

We have been through this hate thing before on another topic and if your memory fails you go back and have a look.

As per our previous conversation I am used to doing what I want and going where I want in this country and have no problem with authority as I choose to obey the law.

No place for hate in my life but I can see the hate in others which brought about the 2010 riots and I believe that those who instigated the riots and perpetuated the hate from their stages should be brought to justice for the sake of their victims and the country.

As for reconciliation, the victims of crime can only find reconciliation in bringing criminals to justice. Allowing criminals to get away with their crime just to make them happy is no answer.

I sincerely hope N.Z. has the necessary balls to tell this regime where they can stick their archaic and repressive law......................

Some of the LM is something that would be highly illegal in every country....not only if it is about the King/President....I let it to your imagination what that might be.

But I have no idea what it was in this case. Other cases are known...

you love Art 112, don't you?

I wonder just who else will be extradited, or not ?a storm in a tea cup when you have a convicted crim on the run from Thailand with a base not so far away, but no one seems the least bit interested in getting him back to face the music ,whistling.gif

Robby I do not know your nationality or your age.

What I do know is that a heart full of anger, vengeance and hatred is very bad for health.

The human immune system thrives on happiness, we cannot make you happy, you have to do that for yourself.

Peace, forgiveness and reconciliation are extremely important in the welfare of any nation as well as the health of an individual.

Your chances of having a political person extradited from a country like New Zealand back to Thailand are very close to nil.

The New Zealand culture is one where we can roundly criticise our political opponents and then go off and have a beer with them, nothing like what you are used to in Thailand.

You it would seem know very little and are a little short on being able to work things out as well as having a poor memory.

Could the NZ after my name give a clue, age not your business.

We have been through this hate thing before on another topic and if your memory fails you go back and have a look.

As per our previous conversation I am used to doing what I want and going where I want in this country and have no problem with authority as I choose to obey the law.

No place for hate in my life but I can see the hate in others which brought about the 2010 riots and I believe that those who instigated the riots and perpetuated the hate from their stages should be brought to justice for the sake of their victims and the country.

As for reconciliation, the victims of crime can only find reconciliation in bringing criminals to justice. Allowing criminals to get away with their crime just to make them happy is no answer.

if you have nothing to hide, then you have nothing to fear.... whistling.gif

goodie for you....

So what did he say that is subject to the LM charge?

good question, ... he said, ... oh wait, it's a violation of the LM law to repeat it...

how convenient... coffee1.gif

The Thai monarchy is as strong as ever, the King loved and adored by the majority of Thais.

The pursuit of LM cases is entirely counter productive imo and begs the question why?

Creating an entirely imaginary threat springs to mind to divert from the real issues being introduced.

I sincerely hope N.Z. has the necessary balls to tell this regime where they can stick their archaic and repressive law......................

Some of the LM is something that would be highly illegal in every country....not only if it is about the King/President....I let it to your imagination what that might be.

What are you on about. In "every country". Are you sure?

This guy in NZ probably is a bit of a twit, but with that aside, why would a Gov publicly chase something they 100% know they will not get and only bring attention to them selves with the sure failure of their chase ?

Who is the bigger twit here I wonder ? coffee1.gif

Why don't use their efforts in extraditing Thaksin, who has committed actually extradite able crimes?

Can you imagine the carnage in the country if he opened his mouth in court, named names and disclosed where the bodies are buried, as it were?

No, it is far more convenient to keep him as a bogeyman to frighten some and allow others to achieve their nefarious goals, (not that he is at all a nice man himself).

Edited by baboon

Had this issue were to happened in N. Korea, Iran, Egypt, or even Russia, he's mug would have

looked so smug... and his family would be by now in hard labor camps of in front of a firing squad....

Had this issue were to happened in N. Korea, Iran, Egypt, or even Russia, he's mug would have

looked so smug... and his family would be by now in hard labor camps of in front of a firing squad....

Do you think that is a desirable thing?

Not in my home country.

In the US, you can insult the head of State (the President) in the most explicit terms, 24 hours a day.

The repercussion will be that your friends may abandon you as a "whack job"; but there is no law against it as long as you do not make threats of violence.

Fortunately there is absolutely no comparison between Barack Obama and the most loved man in this country.

The Thais have their laws and the United States and United Kingdom etc, have theirs. End of.

and never the twain shall meet

Hardly surprising when they keep exercising their democratic right by voting a party into government only to see that government repeatedly toppled by the military.

Regarding this extradition application "A snowballs chance in hell" comes to mind.

Edited by jesimps

But for some reason, they are unable to extradite from Singapore.

Funny that, isn't it.

Show some compassion, poor chaps still got a bad cold. Edited by JAG

Any western country will hopefully tell the powers here to take their draconian law and stuff it!!

Even the UK managed to scrape enough courage together to tell these twits to do one when they requested extradition of a Thai who holds UK citizenship.

The crime in question is the same one as this bloke is accused of.

Not in my home country.

In the US, you can insult the head of State (the President) in the most explicit terms, 24 hours a day.

The repercussion will be that your friends may abandon you as a "whack job"; but there is no law against it as long as you do not make threats of violence.

Fortunately there is absolutely no comparison between Barack Obama and the most loved man in this country.

The Thais have their laws and the United States and United Kingdom etc, have theirs. End of.

Beloved....you mean the legal term?

Reading this, I wonder if this fine young man let the immigration agents know about him having a warrant out for him while he was applying for his New Zealand passport... Or was he in NZ as a refugee.refugee?

You seem to know more than everyone else. Dontell what where the comments that led to the LM charges?

Waiting, but as per usual you spout off when you know nothing.

They are requisting extradition from NZ on this charge. Ok but why not request extradition for killing a police officer.Vorayuth Yoovidhya, walks free in Singapore He is the heir to the Red Bull fortune and is flaunting Thai law after hitting and killing a Police officer here in Thailand

Where is the justice for this guy.

Since his family has money it is obvious they are paying people to keep it off the radar. Bring him back and put him on trial Lets see real justice in Thailand for once

He is truly what is wrong with Thailand that needs to be corrected

This is corruption at its finest

Edited by realenglish1