Phuket ice delivery driver flips truck

webfact

Phuket ice delivery driver flips truck
Eakkapop Thongtub

1434607232_1-org.jpg
The ice truck came to rest in a ditch against a lamp post.

PHUKET: -- An ice delivery driver lost control of his truck earlier today (June 18) causing it overturn. It came to rest in a ditch against a lamp post.

Thalang police were called to the scene of the accident, on the Heroines Monument to Pa Khlok Rd, at 7:10am and found the six-wheeler truck on its side, in a ditch and resting against lamp post. A large pile of ice which had fallen from the back of the vehicle covered the road nearby.

A number of residents were moving the ice from the road when police arrived to allow traffic to flow.

The driver of the truck, Kitti Samuckkit, 43, told police that he had picked up the ice load from Bangla and was heading to deliver it at Baan Bangrong in Pakhlok.

Police stated that Mr Kitti told them that he swerved to avoid a pick-up truck that pulled out suddenly from a side street and this caused him to lose control of his vehicle.

Mr Kitti and his truck were taken to Thalang Police Station where he is to be questioned and possibly charged with reckless driving.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-ice-delivery-driver-flips-truck-52827.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-06-18

................he swerved to avoid a pick-up truck that pulled out suddenly from a side street and this caused him to lose control of his vehicle.

I wonder why I simply don't I believe him? Maybe been here too long............rolleyes.gif

................he swerved to avoid a pick-up truck that pulled out suddenly from a side street and this caused him to lose control of his vehicle.

I wonder why I simply don't I believe him? Maybe been here too long............rolleyes.gif

I can believe it. A truck pulls out without looking ( happens all the time) and the ice truck was going too fast, thus when the speeding truck swerved he lost control. Totally believable, only thing he omitted was that he was speeding.

I can believe it. A truck pulls out without looking ( happens all the time) and the ice truck was going too fast, thus when the speeding truck swerved he lost control. Totally believable, only thing he omitted was that he was speeding.

Not sure of the specific circumstances in this incident but for sure vehicles pull out of side streets all the time. Some small soi side streets are so narrow a vehicle can see nothing on the main drag until it has pulled right out onto the main road.

Great fun when your out on the scoot.

I too believe him. Of course he was speeding that goes without saying. He was delivering ice in an open bed truck.

The load would be melting fast. The faster he drives the more of his load would arrive to his customers. Of course

that is if he arrived, and did not have an accident en route. whistling.gif

The story said a 6 wheeled truck ?

Will the reporter PLEASE open their eyes and try to be smart

Unless you count the steering wheel and a spare tyre the truck has single wheels

So its a 4 WHEELED truck

Sorry for being picky but please do your job with some professionalism

Blind Fred and the local dim wit can tell the difference

The story said a 6 wheeled truck ?

Will the reporter PLEASE open their eyes and try to be smart

Unless you count the steering wheel and a spare tyre the truck has single wheels

So its a 4 WHEELED truck

Sorry for being picky but please do your job with some professionalism

Blind Fred and the local dim wit can tell the difference

coffee1.gif

post-219340-0-12704000-1434684595_thumb.