Jordanian deported after trying to extend fake visa

Rimmer

Jordanian deported after trying to extend fake visa

n9Jordan.jpg

PATTAYA:--A Jordanian man who took a fake passport to the Chonburi Immigration Office to have a fake visa extended was arrested and deported after officials recognized the obvious forgery.

Anas Saleem Ali Alsharab, 22, was taken into custody at the Jomtien Soi 5 office June 10 after trying to get his visa-on-arrival extended.

Looking at his passport, immigration officers took issue with April 11 and April 31 visa stamps issued by border agents in Khuan Don District of Satun Province. (It’s worth noting that there are only 30 days is April.)

Checking with agents in the southern province, officers discovered that Khuan Don had no record of Alsharab entering or leaving the country.

Police said that, under interrogation, Alsharab admitted the passport and all the visas and stamps in it were fake. He was put behind bars and later deported.

Read more: http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/jordanian-deported-after-trying-to-extend-fake-visa-48101

pattayamaillogo.png
-- Pattaya Mail 2015-06-19 footer_n.gif

Lol.

In Kandahar back in 2006, one (UK) company had the contract to make up the "KAF Cards" (Kandahar Air Field ID cards). They had a running dispute with the (Americans) that were in charge of security over the way the expiry dates were being shown on the cards.

Finally the Americans came down with a hard and fast rule. The expiry date would be the 30th of the month on every card, regardless of what day it had actually been issued on. I questioned them on this when they gave me an ID card with an expiry date of 30 February. They just shrugged, laughed and said "hey, that's what they want, that's what they get (referring to the Americans).

Makes me wonder though what a 22 year old Jordanian is doing that he needs a fake passport. Hmmm, apparently this also happened 9 days ago and is just being reported now.

Should have shown the IO his fake British or American passports, only trouble is the printer had mixed up the colors, and the Brit. one was blue on the outside and the American one was red.

Wonder how he got in the Country in the first place?

So no investigation into who this guy actually is, how he actually came into the country, and what country he is actually from?

One way for you overstay guys to skip the overstay fine. Just trade your real passport for a fake one, then when picked up you're only deported without the 20k fine.

coffee1.gif

Something way wrong here for sure.

A fake passport automatically carries a 2 year sentence cut to one year or 18 months for admitting it. However, I don't think they are saying his passport is fraudulent.

Copy/ fake visas carry a minimum 1 year sentence for each time it is used with the passport.

Then there is a separate offence each time you have an entry and exit stamp used with that visa.

I remember an African guy I knew years ago, a really nice guy, but made the fatal mistake of using a travel agent which was a popular method ( with immigration in on it ) around 2005 to get his visas.

He genuinely believed he could pay an agent to get his passport stamped and get the visa. His idea was if the travel agents were doing it, surely, it must be legal.

He then got married to a Thai woman and used the same passport and visa, I believe for proof and identification on government documents.

When it all came to light as a bogus visa, it was then all itemised, how many times he had used the passport and entry and exit stamps, as well as using it to get married etc etc he ended up with 6 years cut to three for accepting.

This guy just gets deported? There is illegal entry here, they could even bring in their overstay nonsense...something amiss.

Edited by Scouse123

Possibly a Palestinian? Not all of them have citizenship of the Middle Eastern countries in which they live (and even in some cases in which they were born) and are basically stateless persons without travel documents. Who really knows though. Certainly not the RTP, apparently.