Knobs for a 2-ring gas range

NanLaew

The second of the two knobs on our Thai kitchen gas range has split. I fixed the first one with epoxy and a hose clamp but it looks rubbish. Now the other one is buggered, I would like to know if anyone has seen these for sale anywhere? I did a pretty extensive look a few months ago when the first one broke but most places just said no have and were unable to advise a solution. Loads of 'em on eBay and amazon but has anyone seem these for sale anywhere locally?

Thanks,

NL

Have you contacted maker? They might have available or a repair man may have access for a price. Most stores are useless here for any spare parts.

If on Ebay why not order - a pair of lock pliers should work until you get.

the-original%E2%84%A2-straight-jaw-locki

Have you contacted maker? They might have available or a repair man may have access for a price. Most stores are useless here for any spare parts.

If on Ebay why not order - a pair of lock pliers should work until you get.

the-original%E2%84%A2-straight-jaw-locki

That's what I used temporarily, need to find new knobs LOCALLY.

These are the 2-ring gas burners that range from 800 baht specials to 2800 baht flashy buggers, various brands, all locally made and nobody that sells them carries any spares for them let alone the knobs.

Last resort is an eBay purchase, just asking if it's all a lost cause locally.

It is a similar situation to the buggered gas lift cylinder in all office chairs sold here. They leak and nobody sells replacement lift cylinders. I ended up buying half a dozen on amazon and a buddy brought them over. I still have a couple left.

Edited by NanLaew

As others have said they don't seem to sell any type of spares for those gas burners !

if you get some of the thicker 2 part epoxy and wait till its nearly dry you can actually mould it into shape.

post-2109-0-65881400-1434875115_thumb.jp

If the nob is completely shattered I would put a pipe clamp on the shaft first then find a suitable sized bottle lid,pvc pipe or some other container to fill with epoxy wait till it's nearly dry then squash it on to pipe clamp/shaft secure with tape untill fully dry.

One of ours split a couple of weeks ago. Went to one of the shops you see with burners out front on the kerb and they had a spare. Cost 20bht.

We're in Kanchanaburi but just try the smaller independent shops, pretty sure they'll have what you want.

Thanks for all the tips regards vice grips, two-part epoxy and other Heath Robinson affairs.

Read the OP: Been there and done all that before and am fed up buggering about with stuff and ending up with a rubbish looking knob.

Maybe I will hit the gas burner sales shops on Sukhumvit and see what they can come up with.

I think the issue is the fragile nature of the cheap knobs supplied and the percussive effect of the gas sparker which eventually causes them to shatter. Maybe I will hit the radio spares shop on Theprassit and get some regular amplifier volume control knobs. They have a quarter-inch shaft as well so should fit.

Try www.jomtiengas.com

That looks like a good possibility, thanks. I will check it out and let you know.

Strike out again. They have all sorts of knobs for fancy grills and bbq's but no simple gas range knobs.

Looks like an eBay job after all.

You might try looking at the Used/Second hand market on Theprasit Road. If you enter Theprasit Road from Sukhumvit the market will be about 1 Km on the left across from the Thai Oil service station. They open around 5 pm every night.

Was stuck in traffic around 6 pm last night on Sukhumvit Pattaya Soi 15, right opposite a gas bottle supplier that also had a selection of commercial-grade ranges. I stuck on the hazard flashers (since I wasn't going anywhere) and went in. The owner dug out a plastic bag full of miscellaneous knobs and we found 2 matching pairs, all for 30 baht each.

Sorted!

Have you tried Amorn?

Yes, total strike out. The Pattaya branch of Amorn is probably the worst in Thailand. I may pop up the road and check the one in Sri Racha which is reportedly much better.

Talking about Amorn Pattaya branch, I was in there yesterday for some budget lights and wiring and it looks like a major restocking was going on. They have squeezed in more display aisles and seem to be extending the domestic appliance spares bit at the back.