Kim Kardashian's spot on public radio show angers listeners

Lite Beer

Kim Kardashian's spot on public radio show angers listeners

CHICAGO (AP) — An appearance by Kim Kardashian on the National Public Radio show "Wait Wait ... Don't Tell Me!" has angered among some listeners.

NPR received hundreds of complaints about last week's episode of the humorous quiz show. Kardashian was in a segment called "Not My Job," in which she answered questions about North Korean leader Kim Jong Un. She answered two of three questions correctly.

But many listeners were outraged that she was on the Chicago-based show. Some have threatened to stop donating to the nonprofit NPR.

In a response posted on NPR's website, ombudsman Elizabeth Jenson said she wasn't sure what to make of the outrage over Kardashian's 11-minute appearance. She said while Kardashian wasn't a great guest, "she was gracious" and had a couple of funny lines.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2015-06-20

Maybe it's indicative of the fact people have (finally) realized that there is more to life than anything she has to say. Maybe people are (finally) getting fed up with hearing "Kardashian" every frikken second word.

People need to show some respect.

She does her difficult job of wearing clothes and growing her A** very well.

Come on people, have you seen her A**? its no small achievement. With attributes like that how can anyone discredit her opinion on important world affairs?

I believe there are recognized seats of learning offering her numerous doctorates because of her undeniable talents.

OK cognition is not one of these talents but hey, you can't photograph thought in a bikini - Can you?

I would be surprised if there is even an A** like that in all of North Korea.

Anyway all those complainants are just jealous of her, especially the Asians who know they will never have it goin' on like Kim,

Skinny A** biatches

Edited by Manbing

Maybe it's indicative of the fact people have (finally) realized that there is more to life than anything she has to say. Maybe people are (finally) getting fed up with hearing "Kardashian" every frikken second word.

"... getting fed up with hearing "Kardashian" every frikken second word. "

It is sort of amazing how often you hear that name. I'm probably one of the few people around who wouldn't recognize any of them (there's more than one, right?) and am pretty sure I've never seen any of them. Ignorance is indeed bliss.

Obsession with the celebrity du jour is a phenomenon that never appealed to me after Myrna Loy, Rosalind Russell and Claudette Colbert left the limelight. Kids these days, huh.

Really, we're doing Kardasian stories on Thaivisa now!?

Someone is tasked with sorting through the World News for the important stuff.

Edited by Suradit69

I don't know why she's famous. It can't be the fat ar$e, as loads of Americans have those.

Which, I'm sure you often see from the pavement, looking up as you regain consiousness...

Nope. Not even once.

People need to show some respect.

She does her difficult job of wearing clothes and growing her A** very well.

Come on people, have you seen her A**? its no small achievement. With attributes like that how can anyone discredit her opinion on important world affairs?

I believe there are recognized seats of learning offering her numerous doctorates because of her undeniable talents.

OK cognition is not one of these talents but hey, you can't photograph thought in a bikini - Can you?

I would be surprised if there is even an A** like that in all of North Korea.

Anyway all those complainants are just jealous of her, especially the Asians who know they will never have it goin' on like Kim,

Skinny A** biatches

Good on her,making money from fools and a least she had heard about Nth Korea which would put her in front of most of her fellow citizens.

[...]

Come on people, have you seen her A**? its no small achievement.

[...]

clap2.gif

As a certain US comedian said recently "you can make jokes about her big arse but you can't joke about her step-father's boobs."

Edited by bendejo

[...]

Come on people, have you seen her A**? its no small achievement.

[...]

clap2.gif

As a certain US comedian said recently "you can make jokes about her big arse but you can't joke about her step-father's boobs."

Or her bank balance.

I had to listen to hear what all the fuss was about.

Cranky old white men and NPR listeners, lighten the <deleted> up.

I am not a fan, but she was slightly funny, self-deprecating, made fun of herself, and it was a completely harmless bit. And this is probably the least serious show NPR has, where they do not take themselves too seriously, at all.

How does this affect any of your lives in any way? None, other than showing how cranky and self-conscious you are as you just want to make sure everyone knows you don't like Kardashians. As if anyone cared.

Who the <deleted> cares? Just lighten the <deleted> up.

Some NPR listeners had to make sure it was known she wasn't that pretty. How shallow! Like um, the Kardashians they despise? They are just people. You are not better than them. They are not better than you. Get a life and be happy!

Listen to that singer's song about being happy except you'll probably complain about the silly hats he wears!

Lest we forget, Kim's daddy, Robert, was part of the legal team, headed by Johnnie Cochran, that got poor O.J. off from charges that he murdered his ex-wife and her friend, proving that justice can be bought in the US. This, the source of Kim's fame...

I heard the show - before I now find it's controversial. It was just the same type of joking babble they have every week. I don't know anything about KK except ....what? she's promiscuous and craves fame? Oh my, maybe I should adjust my attitude - and start hating (or become crazy jealous of) her, like normal people.

Edited by boomerangutang