Retirement extention Phuket

Felt 35

@LivinginKata

In your post above, you say 'I always register our guests online'

How can this online registration be done, please?

I've registered my address already this year. Does this mean that it's on their system and I don't need to fill in the form again?

Thanks!!

There is a only registration system for commercial businesses (hotels etc) or for when people have visitors on a regular basis. (google for the link)

In this way the registration doesn't have to be done at the immigration office anymore.

If you live here on extensions and have done your own registration there is no need anymore to do this until you move to a new address.

merijn is correct - online registration is only available for businesses (comapnay or private) that register their business details with Immigration and are given user name/password to enter the registration database web site to enter newly arrived guests. Edited by LivinginKata

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool, guys, thanks!

biggrin.png

So, there should be no need for me to fill in forms again, for registration of address, unless I move to a new address.

If proof of address is required, I should be able to direct the immigration officer to check his/her system and they will find my details there?

Right?

Cool, guys, thanks!

biggrin.png

So, there should be no need for me to fill in forms again, for registration of address, unless I move to a new address.

If proof of address is required, I should be able to direct the immigration officer to check his/her system and they will find my details there?

Right?

Not quite correct. If you leave Thailand and re-enter then you need to register again when you return to your home, and even if you check into a hotel for even one night then the hotel should register you at their hotel, thus your 'old' registration is void. Yes I know it's all very tedious and mind numbing. Maybe not even really necessary, but I know I register myself every time I return home from a local or abroad holiday.

Cool, guys, thanks!

biggrin.png

Right?

Not quite correct. If you leave Thailand and re-enter then you need to register again when you return to your home, and even if you check into a hotel for even one night then the hotel should register you at their hotel, thus your 'old' registration is void. Yes I know it's all very tedious and mind numbing. Maybe not even really necessary, but I know I register myself every time I return home from a local or abroad holiday.

Livinginkata,

Immigration makes a distinction between tourist and long term residence (long term extensions) and there are different databases entries.

If tourist are coming (back) to Thailand they have to be registered (again) after arrival.

Long term residence don't have to register again after leaving the country or check-in into a hotel etc.

For them it is only required to register again after a address change.

So in your case there is no need to do the registration again after each arrival.

Livinginkata,

Immigration makes a distinction between tourist and long term residence (long term extensions) and there are different databases entries.

If tourist are coming (back) to Thailand they have to be registered (again) after arrival.

Long term residence don't have to register again after leaving the country or check-in into a hotel etc.

So in your case there is no need to do the registration again after each arrival.

I'm not so sure. That's not what I hear from Immigration officers. But who knows ??

Livinginkata,

I'm not so sure. That's not what I hear from Immigration officers. But who knows ??

This is what Immigration also told my missus when she registered. They said that as long as I remain at my present address, the missus does not have to register me again.

Livinginkata,

Just ask next time when you try to register your address if the address in their computer is changed and you will find out.

Livinginkata,

This is what Immigration also told my missus when she registered. They said that as long as I remain at my present address, the missus does not have to register me again.

Correct. I was told the same. Register again only when change address.

Cool, guys, thanks!

biggrin.png

Right?

i specifically asked about this and was told that my registration is good UNLESS i changed homes an staying in a hotel or leaving the country did not void it.

While we're on the subject, what's the point of this registration of address, when we aliens have to confirm our address every 90 days anyway?

Why do provide we our address so many times (Arrival card, Extension form, re-entry form, 90 day reporting, Proof of Residence etc etc) ?

Just because they can.

This is Thailand so there is no common sense required.

I'm now confused. If we leave the country and then come back, does the house owner have to re-register the address even if it's the same address?

I'm not going to bother. Seems pointless.

If you live here on a (long term) extension there is no need to register anymore. (only 1 time at the beginning ).

If you are not sure just ask them to confirm the address in their computer when your 90 day reporting is coming up.

I'm now confused. If we leave the country and then come back, does the house owner have to re-register the address even if it's the same address?

I'm not going to bother. Seems pointless.

If you live here on a (long term) extension there is no need to register anymore. (only 1 time at the beginning ).

If you are not sure just ask them to confirm the address in their computer when your 90 day reporting is coming up.

I just did my 90 report today. I am probably leaving the country for five to six weeks next Sunday.

When I come back, using my one year extension and multiple re-entry permit, the address registration with the correct address will still be stapled into my passport.

Therefore, I really can't see why the missus has to re-register.

I believe merijn and LiK are correct. Don't have to re-register even after leaving the country if you come back to the same address.

Let me make 2 (technical) observations ....

1) if you stay elswhere in Thailand then your hotel must register you there. Thus that becomes your new address in Immigration's database. the old address is voided.

2) if you leave Thaiand then when you return then you have a new arrival card number that will be different from the arrival card (number and date of arrival) recorded in Immigration's database when you previously registered.

To be honest I doubt Immigration will pay that much attention to detail. I suspect it's all a pain in the ass for them too ...

Edited by LivinginKata

I registered my address in April at Patong. I asked the officer if I had to register again after leaving the country. He said no, only if I change my address. I was starting to think the officer gave me bad information after reading some LIK's posts on the subject but now after reading today's posts I believe the officer was correct.

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone who recently have done the retirement extension in Phuket confirm that the documents below is what's necessary for the extension?

TM.7

Passport

Copy Passport data page

Copy all previous extensions

Copy non O visa which extension is based on.

Copy departure card TM.6

Original income letter from Embassy & original pension slip + copies

Copy front Thai visa card

Copy first page Thai bankbook

Original and copy of Phuket special registration form for the owner of residence.

Copy of landlords ID-card & Tabian ban.

Have I forgot something? Btw, shall every original be signed include the landlords ID /Tabian Ban?

Picture do I need or do they have some new invention and take it at Immigration office.

Thanks

Felt.

^^^Any other visa which may have been used prior to the O you are extended on IF in same passport. Copy front bank card from home country which is used to draw funds. Sign all copies of your stuff and have landlord sign their stuff. They can take your picture there.

^^^Any other visa which may have been used prior to the O you are extended on IF in same passport. Copy front bank card from home country which is used to draw funds. Sign all copies of your stuff and have landlord sign their stuff. They can take your picture there.

Great, only one thing, do I really need to copy Visa / Credit card from my home country when I transfer from bank in home country to Bangkok bank monthly?

Thank You.

Felt.

Great, only one thing, do I really need to copy Visa / Credit card from my home country when I transfer from bank in home country to Bangkok bank monthly?

Thank You.

Felt.

I was surprised too, but it's what they asked for. If you look back a page another poster said same. I don't think immigration gives a hoot about how you get/transfer your money, they just want a copy of the card.

Thank You.

Felt.

I was surprised too, but it's what they asked for. If you look back a page another poster said same. I don't think immigration gives a hoot about how you get/transfer your money, they just want a copy of the card.

Okay as they wish, anyway thank you for the info.

After passing through immigration at Phuket airport, I went to the room behind, knocked on the door and asked the two lady and one man immigration officers if I could ask them a question.

After ten minutes of talking to them, I finally got them to understand I wasn't talking about 90 day reporting, but, whether my wife would have to re-register my address after coming back from a foreign visit.

There was much heated conversation between the three. At the end of it, the man said I would not have to re-register.

Then one of the women started rabbiting away again and the unanimous decision was that yes, my wife would have to re-register me.

Next update on this farce will be when missus and I go to re-register. I'm sure the immigration officers will either re-register, or have a laugh at our wasted trip.

After passing through immigration at Phuket airport, I went to the room behind, knocked on the door and asked the two lady and one man immigration officers if I could ask them a question.

After ten minutes of talking to them, I finally got them to understand I wasn't talking about 90 day reporting, but, whether my wife would have to re-register my address after coming back from a foreign visit.

There was much heated conversation between the three. At the end of it, the man said I would not have to re-register.

Then one of the women started rabbiting away again and the unanimous decision was that yes, my wife would have to re-register me.

Next update on this farce will be when missus and I go to re-register. I'm sure the immigration officers will either re-register, or have a laugh at our wasted trip.

I wouldn't have expected the airport guys to really know what the city office is doing at any given moment.

Immigration here has never demonstrated that it is rarely in communication nor accord with other branches or provinces.

It appears changes in procedures filter out of Bangkok in random fashion and it's up to the local guy in charge to decide how to implement them. (or not)

Edited by Old Croc

Noooooo!!

Well, there's nothing like an unambiguous response from officialdom!

Thanks for the update and I'm looking forward to hearing how you fare at Immigration.