Retirement extention Phuket

Felt 35

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I may not bother re-registering.

I'll play their game. If any problems, I'll just say that in Patong they told me and the missus that we don't have to re-register (true) and that I checked at the airport and they said the same thing.

Sod 'em!

Actually, I may not bother re-registering.

I'll play their game. If any problems, I'll just say that in Patong they told me and the missus that we don't have to re-register (true) and that I checked at the airport and they said the same thing.

Sod 'em!

And you really think that explanation will be accepted in the event that your 'missus' is fined. I can testify to more than one case with government officials giving us incorrect information and us ending up paying paying penalties. When we questioned the officials that gave us the bad information, they just faded away ....

Honestly .... I've said it so many times .... they make it up as they go along.

Yes, suppose you're right.

Will re-register and see what they say.

'They' won't say anything. Personaly I register again each time I stay away from home even for one night, and I make the effort to tell all our guests to tell me when they have been away.

For me it's just a quick log-on to the immigration web site as we are registered and have user name/password. Takes a minute or so and then we have peace of mind.

^^^Any other visa which may have been used prior to the O you are extended on IF in same passport. Copy front bank card from home country which is used to draw funds. Sign all copies of your stuff and have landlord sign their stuff. They can take your picture there.

Great, only one thing, do I really need to copy Visa / Credit card from my home country when I transfer from bank in home country to Bangkok bank monthly?

Thank You.

Felt.

I was surprised too, but it's what they asked for. If you look back a page another poster said same. I don't think immigration gives a hoot about how you get/transfer your money, they just want a copy of the card.

Okay as they wish, anyway thank you for the info.

unsure.png Huh...come to think about one more thing regarding the "registration form for house owner" and think I see in a previous post/tread something about doing the registration first. What is the standard process regarding this?

Thanks

Felt.

i asked them , the volunteer and the immigration who gave me the paper in my passport in Phuket if i had to get anew one if left the country,

they BOTH said NO, only if u change ur address,

Do ur registration before so u dont need waste time,

also DO NOT bother going at 8:30 show up at 10 as there few people there than,

was in immigration 3 times last week trying to do things for my gf

i asked them , the volunteer and the immigration who gave me the paper in my passport in Phuket if i had to get anew one if left the country,

they BOTH said NO, only if u change ur address,

Do ur registration before so u dont need waste time,

also DO NOT bother going at 8:30 show up at 10 as there few people there than,

was in immigration 3 times last week trying to do things for my gf

Right. That does it.

I'm not going to re-register as that's what they told the missus.

Only the airport people said I had to and it was clear that they were clueless over this subject.

Do the registration first on the ground floor. They will staple a page in your passport, then head up for your extension.

I was there (Immigration) today and you was spot on with the documentation needed.

Not crazy busy but with a bit efficiency both the staff and applicants could probably have spent the afternoon on the beach.

• 2 weeks later...

After passing through immigration at Phuket airport, I went to the room behind, knocked on the door and asked the two lady and one man immigration officers if I could ask them a question.

After ten minutes of talking to them, I finally got them to understand I wasn't talking about 90 day reporting, but, whether my wife would have to re-register my address after coming back from a foreign visit.

There was much heated conversation between the three. At the end of it, the man said I would not have to re-register.

Then one of the women started rabbiting away again and the unanimous decision was that yes, my wife would have to re-register me.

Next update on this farce will be when missus and I go to re-register. I'm sure the immigration officers will either re-register, or have a laugh at our wasted trip.

I'm not surprised that they don't know the ruling about address registration.

Immigration officers on border crossing don't have much knowledge about immigration procedure as it is not part of their job and border officers and immigration offices officers are governed from different departments.