Retirement extention Phuket

Felt 35

Late last year I heard that Immigration demanded some additional documentation, i.e. a form filled out by the landlord, and my extension is soon coming up so would like to be prepared whatever it is they demand. I have searched the forum but cant find the tread with the latest info about extension based on retirement. Can someone post the link?

Thanks

Felt

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will need to complete a Registration Residents Form before you can apply for any long term extension including Retirement, Dependent, Education, Investment, Non Immigrant 'B'' etc. The form is entitled 'Registration Residents Form For the Owner of the Residence'. It is in two sections; Part 1 will be your current address in Phuket, and Part 2 requires you to provide the Owner's details of the property where you live. Along with that information you will need to provide supporting documents e.g. the Owner's ID, a copy of the Tabian Baan and if you have a lease or rental contract a copy of that also.If you own the property then you will need to provide proof of your purchase etc. This form only needs to be completed once or whenever you move to a new home. Hope this helps.

You will need to complete a Registration Residents Form before you can apply for any long term extension including Retirement, Dependent, Education, Investment, Non Immigrant 'B'' etc. The form is entitled 'Registration Residents Form For the Owner of the Residence'. It is in two sections; Part 1 will be your current address in Phuket, and Part 2 requires you to provide the Owner's details of the property where you live. Along with that information you will need to provide supporting documents e.g. the Owner's ID, a copy of the Tabian Baan and if you have a lease or rental contract a copy of that also.If you own the property then you will need to provide proof of your purchase etc. This form only needs to be completed once or whenever you move to a new home. Hope this helps.

Does the actual ID card need to be shown or will copy of front and back be sufficient?

Does the actual ID card need to be shown or will copy of front and back be sufficient?

A copy of your landlord's ID and landlords tabian baan, counteresigned by the landlord including a brief handwritten note explaining the reason for the reason for the copy usually does the trick.

But it's very confusing, and I speak as a landlord. I always register our guests online and recent reports by guests applying for retirement extensions in the last 2 months have resulted in no need to show any 'registration paper' as it's all online in the immogration database. Mind you they have phoned me from the Immigration desk requesting the completed form, I just tell them to explain that they were registered online. And that seems to do the trick. I think the officers just automatically ask for the form as a matter of procedure, and just can't be bothered getting on the computer and making a name/passport search. I know when I made my marriage extension last Decemeber I was asked for this form, I juts sated to the officer (nicely) it ws in the database, he seached and found my name. No further problem.

A copy of your landlord's ID and landlords tabian baan, counteresigned by the landlord including a brief handwritten note explaining the reason for the reason for the copy usually does the trick.

But it's very confusing, and I speak as a landlord. I always register our guests online and recent reports by guests applying for retirement extensions in the last 2 months have resulted in no need to show any 'registration paper' as it's all online in the immogration database. Mind you they have phoned me from the Immigration desk requesting the completed form, I just tell them to explain that they were registered online. And that seems to do the trick. I think the officers just automatically ask for the form as a matter of procedure, and just can't be bothered getting on the computer and making a name/passport search. I know when I made my marriage extension last Decemeber I was asked for this form, I juts sated to the officer (nicely) it ws in the database, he seached and found my name. No further problem.

The copy of the Tambian Baan and ID card copy (signed) is enough, no need for the written letter.

You are right, the officers still have a habit to ask for the address slip without checking the database first.

But when people say that the are registered already (Previous or online) this is enough for them to check the database and if registered nothing has to be done anymore.

I am pretty sure that TM30 and residence certificate have different purposes. I have TM30, but would like to download the residence certificate. Anybody know where to find it? It doesn't seem to be in the Thai Templates list from visa forum.

Thanks Karen and LIK and everyone

No, I downloaded the form that I posted a link to and it was accepted by Patong immigration.

It's all very confusing KB. The image I posted is the one handed out by Immigration when applicant apply for an extension.

I have also printed out your TM30 form and handed that to my guests. I guess both are accepted. I just wonder if the Immigration boys really know what is waht or just accept any sort of paper.

I'll say again ... neither form is strictly necessary if your landlord has followed the correct procedure in advance of an extesion application.

No, I downloaded the form that I posted a link to and it was accepted by Patong immigration.

It's all very confusing KB. The image I posted is the one handed out by Immigration when applicant apply for an extension.

I have also printed out your TM30 form and handed that to my guests. I guess both are accepted. I just wonder if the Immigration boys really know what is waht or just accept any sort of paper.

I'll say again ... neither form is strictly necessary if your landlord has followed the correct procedure in advance of an extesion application.

Both are doing the same and both are excepted.

The TM30 form is originally meant for commercial businesses like hotels and landlords etc (before the online registration possibility)

And the local Phuket form is introduced for people registering locally their own address at the immigration office.

Why they don't use TM30 for both from the first place nobody knows.

It is still easier and much cheaper than applying for a new O-A visa I am finding out. My extension runs out in a few days and I'm still in California hanging out to get a hip replacement and to attend my daughter's wedding. It's now $200 to apply, a copy of your criminal record is now about $60, the medical certificate means a doctor's visit, passport style photos $22, postage $30. So around $350 US!

It is still easier and much cheaper than applying for a new O-A visa I am finding out. My extension runs out in a few days and I'm still in California hanging out to get a hip replacement and to attend my daughter's wedding. It's now $200 to apply, a copy of your criminal record is now about $60, the medical certificate means a doctor's visit, passport style photos $22, postage $30. So around $350 US!

Why not get O then in stead of O-A?

Why not get O then in stead of O-A?

They are $200 also for multi entry, $80 for single. I wouldn't need the criminal check, the medical certificate. Still need the photos. Then I guess I could extend it there, so I would save a little, but I'd need an earnings statement from the US Embassy, $50 and a possibly a trip to BKK. By just just getting the O-A here it would save me leaving and re entering after 90 days or getting an extension that would be 1,900 Baht and spending time with my favorite immigration officers… It's something to consider though. I'll look into it further. I had always got O-A's in the past, but it wasn't nearly so much 8 years ago when I got one last.

Edited by Jimi007

Went to Phuket Town immigration to pick up Residence Certificate form yesterday. Got there about 11:30. The downstairs office was almost empty. Nobody waiting on chairs inside or outside and only one officer working with somebody. Plenty of parking spaces too. Low season or is going late in the morning a good time to go to immigration?

Picked up several copies of the form. The quality of the reproduction is horrible. All of the copies I took were labelled Residence Certificate and the front of all are identical. But each form had something different on the back. One has photos of a Thai ID card, one was blank and one had a sample of a generic map.

Even though the requirement for using this form may not be especially complex, the difference in the forms is very confusing.

Ignoring the back may make the most sense.

Went to Phuket Town immigration to pick up Residence Certificate form yesterday. Got there about 11:30. The downstairs office was almost empty. Nobody waiting on chairs inside or outside and only one officer working with somebody. Plenty of parking spaces too. Low season or is going late in the morning a good time to go to immigration?

Picked up several copies of the form. The quality of the reproduction is horrible. All of the copies I took were labelled Residence Certificate and the front of all are identical. But each form had something different on the back. One has photos of a Thai ID card, one was blank and one had a sample of a generic map.

Even though the requirement for using this form may not be especially complex, the difference in the forms is very confusing.

Ignoring the back may make the most sense.

They photocopy these forms onto whatever paper they have lying around. Some people have found personal PP details on the back of the forms.

If you want a good copy of the form follow the link I gave in a post above.

The alternate Phuket form can be downloaded from post no. 9 on the other thread. I completed both forms when I registered at Phuket Immigration. This is the one they accepted.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/806756-retirement-visa-new-residency-declaration-form/?p=9160530

If you go down 6 posts from Old Croc's linked post above, you get to the post from ubonjoe containing an A4 sized and cleaned up PDF version of the form. It looks a lot better than any of the forms I was given at immigration:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/806756-retirement-visa-new-residency-declaration-form/?p=9167091

He called it the Phuket Residence Form. Its full name is "Registration Form for the Owner of Residence".

Click here to download ubonjoe's PDF:

"Registration Form for the Owner of Residence"

Just came back from Phuket Town Immigration. I filled out the "Registration Form for the Owner of Residence". It appears they took that information and transferred it onto the TM30.

A few other changes since last year too: They wanted copies of ALL visas leading up to my current visa. Also, if you are using a letter of income through your home country embassy, they now require a copy of the front of the card you access your funds with, AND a copy of the front of card from your Thai bank account if different from the other.

One last thing worth mentioning. The Immigration Volunteer was very helpful. I had about 8 people in front of me waiting to get a number from him. The line moved along reasonably well. The fellow in front of me asked the same question 10 times, and the volunteer very patiently gave him the same answer 10 times. Wish I would have taken a closer look at his name badge, but I believe is first name is Claf. German guy I think. Anyway, kudos to Claf.

<snip>

A few other changes since last year too: They wanted copies of ALL visas leading up to my current visa. Also, if you are using a letter of income through your home country embassy, they now require a copy of the front of the card you access your funds with, AND a copy of the front of card from your Thai bank account if different from the other.

Please clarify ... do you mean visa or annual extension ? I assune you are talking about extension.

And ... all extension stamps in current passport, or also previous passport(s).

I usually just copy every page in my current passport when apply for my annual extension ...

<snip>

Please clarify ... do you mean visa or annual extension ? I assune you are talking about extension.

And ... all extension stamps in current passport, or also previous passport(s).

I usually just copy every page in my current passport when apply for my annual extension ...

Yes, annual extension.

Mine are all in my current passport, so I can’t say for sure. However, this from a Chonburi Pattaya Immigratin Office Checklist :

a. Identity page(s) showing picture, name, and date issued, etc.

b. Page showing the original Non-Immigrant Visa “O-A” or “O” (if you renewed your passport since then, the page in new passport where Immigration transferred information from your previous passport will suffice)

c. Page(s) showing each subsequent one year extension, if applicable (see comment in b. above if you have changed passports)

Just came back from Phuket Town Immigration. I filled out the "Registration Form for the Owner of Residence". It appears they took that information and transferred it onto the TM30.

One last thing worth mentioning. The Immigration Volunteer was very helpful. I had about 8 people in front of me waiting to get a number from him. The line moved along reasonably well. The fellow in front of me asked the same question 10 times, and the volunteer very patiently gave him the same answer 10 times. Wish I would have taken a closer look at his name badge, but I believe is first name is Claf. German guy I think. Anyway, kudos to Claf.

The requirement to copy all previous extensions is normally not adhered to but some officers are asking for it. (maybe he had a bad day)

If you have a Thai bank card the front copy should be enough otherwise the front copy of your foreign credit card, again it's up to the officer.

And yes the volunteer is German and you spelled his name almost correct. :-)

did my extension yesterday

they wanted a copy of my us visa/mc ( front only or it could have been my atm card which i did not have with me) ) as i use the combo method. ( he used his calculator) as i do not have all my $$ transferred to my thai bank

needed bank letter PLUS all pages of the bank book stamped at the bank/signed

Letter from US embassy accepted with no back up. :-)
no big deal
Make sure u have already registered ur address.
u do NOT need import 65,000 baht./month

today took over 90 minutes an not that busy but so many people u need to go see

1. first the Farang who checks ur paperwork
2. than passed to the immigration who checks again
3. than to the lady who records it in the computer
4. than passed to another immigration who CHECKS AGAIN an places stamp in and collects the 1,900
5. than u need go get ur photo taken
6. than u get ur receipt to pick up passport after 2:30

2 years ago in and out in 15 minutes, see one person

ONE thing, i got a few pages to fill out and they were blank pages BUT on the back was ;

1 page had a thai id card, certified translation stamped Original not copy

one was the nor sor sam page of someones house original stamped/certified

one was the first page of a farangs passport, stamped certified not copy

another first page of bank book certified NOT ciopy

no information giving to immigration is safe or secure!!!

Edited by phuketrichard

@LivinginKata

In your post above, you say I always register our guests online .

How can this online registration be done, please?

I've registered my address already this year. Does this mean that it's on their system and I don't need to fill in the form again?

Thanks!!

@LivinginKata

In your post above, you say I always register our guests online .

How can this online registration be done, please?

I've registered my address already this year. Does this mean that it's on their system and I don't need to fill in the form again?

Thanks!!

There is a only registration system for commercial businesses (hotels etc) or for when people have visitors on a regular basis. (google for the link)

In this way the registration doesn't have to be done at the immigration office anymore.

If you live here on extensions and have done your own registration there is no need anymore to do this until you move to a new address.

Edited by merijn