Soi Cowboy closes midnight?

jerojero

The death knoll for CB was coyote dancers, as it cannot command Wanchai, HK style pricing and service. Also the people who started to strictly enforce the law on all bars except the ones they have a financial interest in. CB had a brief reign for a couple of years when it took over the no. 1 spot from Nana but now it is dying because of this issues. They will kill the golden goose completely as their own place(s) will also be cleared away when it goes.

Never got a bar girl here. Got that out of my system when I was a kid in the military.... and got burned a few times.

Soi Cowboy is a great place to take visiting friends and relatives. It makes them feel like they are in some Hollywood movie .. "Bangkok Dangerous" ... right? Quite harmless.

Paris has it's cabarets. Amsterdam and Den Haag have their .... Er ... Uh ... Sex Clubs and of course Amsterdam's famous Red Light District which is a huge tourist attraction.

Personally I think Soi Cowboy is a good tourist attraction ... and if one needs to .... Er ... Uh ... buy sex ... they can do that anywhere in the world.

reply to post ten, nothing to do with no customers, i drink in country road, it is the police enforcing the early closures, some say it will last for one month, but typical Thai police action, one person in Suzy Wong, breaks the law and now the whole Soi Cowboy community suffers, imagine this happening in your street, trade is bad as it is, yes and one rule for one and one rule for another it would appear.

In this rate of early closing time, soon they will turn Soi Cowboy to a monastery for young

nuns... I'll still go there to join them in their prayers though...

Something to do with their missionary position? biggrin.png

reply to post ten, nothing to do with no customers, i drink in country road, it is the police enforcing the early closures, some say it will last for one month, but typical Thai police action, one person in Suzy Wong, breaks the law and now the whole Soi Cowboy community suffers, imagine this happening in your street, trade is bad as it is, yes and one rule for one and one rule for another it would appear.

And yet I heard Crazy House was still operating to up to 3 am?

I don't know this first hand - can anyone enlighten?

I was in Country Road last Saturday night and was told by a friend who works there that the police are targeting Soi Cowboy for 12am shutdown. They said that Nana plaza or bars around there are not being targeted yet. Guess that will come after they stop the crack down on Cowboy in the next few weeks

Yes I heard the same. Closing at midnight to attract more tourists by offering less fun, like they did with the beaches in Phuket (but not Samui obviously). Obligatory readings of 'Mein Kampf' at one minute after midnight to brace the soul before going home too

Never got a bar girl here. Got that out of my system when I was a kid in the military.... and got burned a few times.

Soi Cowboy is a great place to take visiting friends and relatives. It makes them feel like they are in some Hollywood movie .. "Bangkok Dangerous" ... right? Quite harmless.

Paris has it's cabarets. Amsterdam and Den Haag have their .... Er ... Uh ... Sex Clubs and of course Amsterdam's famous Red Light District which is a huge tourist attraction.

Personally I think Soi Cowboy is a good tourist attraction ... and if one needs to .... Er ... Uh ... buy sex ... they can do that anywhere in the world.

"... and if one needs to .... Er ... Uh ... buy sex ... "

That could be a confusing statement for many posters who didn't realize not everyone "needs" to pay for it.

No no, it's going to be a perfumery called Suzie Pong.

I overheard it will be demolished to make room for the Suzie Klong.

so in future they will collect their fee from people swimmibg in the Klong after sun-set :-)) ;