Tour de France

Hello all,

Maybe someone can tell me where i can follow the Tour de France on television, here in Thailand?

Are there thai television channels that air the Tour, or do i need to buy a satellite disk?

If so what is the best availible.

Thanks.

Thank you Streetcowboy, i will check it out. Anyway i think i have a few day's more before it starts, since the Dutch police wants to go on strike on the 4th and 5th. Lets hope the do this a few day's later and let people enjoy their sports.

I don't think any of the Thai providers carry Eurosport anymore after GMMZ stopped.

It can be viewed in Thailand though if you have Sat Net, Myanmar, or K+, Vietnam sat boxes.

I view through K+, bought the box and paid upfront for a year at a cost of 15200 bht.

Either system can be bought through Satthai in Bangkok who I personally had very good service from.

K+ is quicker to activate for some reason.

Edited by apetley

Astro, the Malaysian satellite provider, carry Eurosport, and can be received as far North as Bangkok, if not further, I think

Astro is another option. Used to have it myself, brilliant until the card provider tried to do a runner with the year upfront payment for the card! Has easily the best channel line-up but then again is quite a bit more expensive and as you rightly point out, doesn't cover all of Thailand.

Used to know a guy who watched it in Buriram but he did need something like a 10ft dish!

It is not listed on the TrueTV Guide for ch788...

I am able to get the Tour on Eurosport TV using the Modbro application on an Android media box ...

It is not listed on the TrueTV Guide for ch788...

I am able to get the Tour on Eurosport TV using the Modbro application on an Android media box ...

Last night I failed to find it anywhere on Truevisions.

Tour de France has a very long story : here is a youtube document which show all the winners from 1904 ( sorry, only in French but rare archives images )

the last 10 minutes speak of Lance Amstrong ( old film , they didn't know yet he was a cheater )

Edited by Aforek

Small local cable providers often include Eurosport. Ours does and has full Tour coverage start to finish everyday thumbsup.gif

Ask around for the True alternatives in your area, there is usually at least one if you're near any reasonably sized city.

• 2 weeks later...