Question About New Visa Regulations

i arrived from the states and got a voa and had planned on visiting laos and cambodia anyway so i didn't think a multiple entry tourist visa was necessary. these new rules however, certainly throw a wrench in my travel plans. is it still possible to go to a thai embassy in a neighboring country and now get your tourist visa? or is it 90 days in 6 months period? another confused falang

I believe that go to home country quote was after you had used your 3 entries without visa quota and have not seen any firm evidence that it is now policy. Believe the next few weeks will see the situation become clearer. It does not sound as if the OP should have any problem getting a tourist visa.

Presently visas may be issued by any consulate or embassy.

However, the confusion here is two fold.

One} The Nation adding the section in it's report about the changes made for Asian visitors some time ago, which require them to get the new visa from their point of origin {where their passports are issued} after several visits.

Two} this rule legally exists {and has done for many years} for all visitors to Thailand and has been enforced very occasionally.

However, there is no evidence that Thailand intends to introduce this to other travellers at this time.

Regards

/edit format//

Edited by A_Traveller