i went back after 14yrs what a change a real s/hole

iwent for a swim and face and skin started burning told wife not to come in

the water stench of gasoline boat fumes and rubbish around

that night body had rash all over

i went for early walk on beach and see why

all the boats were fueling up on beach hundreds of drums on beach fueling boats

they were spilling it then wash boats down and pump bilge into water

other places in los take boats out of water and fuel and wash away from beach

i notice a change now more old frangs taking there thai granddaughters for holidays there

You forgot to mention the broken bottles and what looks like sewage floating around. I didn't get a skin rash'. I got the runs. The whole point Of Pattaya is that it has a beach and the beach is a polluted rubbish dump. Why do people buy condos in a place that give you a view of a polluted, filthy seascape? Beats me.

I think you left an "r" out in phrase "Pattaya was the gem of Asia". I've lived in Jomtien around 10 years and have yet to go in the water. I may be dumb but I'm not stupid. Sad state of affairs when folks travel thousands of miles to be at a beach and wind up hanging around the pool (which often has it's own hazzards).

pattaya was the gem of asia years ago

How many years?

I've known it for over 35 years and in all that time it has never been any sort of gem.

Boracay was though, at least until about 20 years ago.

Boracay - agreed, I went there in 98 and it was changing rapidly. I have heard from others I would not recognise it now sad.png

By the way the OP is fairly renowned for "contentious" posts.......coffee1.gif

Went there with my buddy....his gf had never seen the sea....they were inner tubing..a turd floats by......She jumoed out so fast it made time stop...That was twenty years ago.....

ps... look down at the beach from a hi level condo or hotel....

umm like swiming in that?....

Jeezus...if youse freakin whingers don't like it here in sunny Pattaya

p××s off back to where ever the hell it is youse come from...

nobody is forcing youse to stay here......

I went for a swim there about 14 ys ago cut my foot with in 2 min of entering, looks a lot better now than then but I'm never going in that water again.

not much different to 30yrs.ago.

Went there with my buddy....his gf had never seen the sea....they were inner tubing..a turd floats by......She jumoed out so fast it made time stop...That was twenty years ago.....

ps... look down at the beach from a hi level condo or hotel....

umm like swiming in that?....

I think you're onto something there. Latch the turd onto the back of the speed boat and off you go. 'Turd ride' instead of 'banana ride'.

OP is shocked there are changes after 14 years? Lol

What's next? TV's now have colour?

Would anyone with half a brain swim in a water where boats are docked and used? Common sense suggests it would be polluted and dirty.

20 years ago it smelled like a toilet or gas. Today at lease most of that smell is gone. I wouldn't let my dogs swim in it then and still wouldn't.

Who ever says Pattaya beaches are fine has never seen a real beach with clean water... We all have different standards.

I go to Pattaya to party with my friends, nothing more....

About 25 years ago a work friend and I decided to have a hoiday in Pattaya. One day we hired a boat and sailed over to Koh Larne for the day. In the evening we returned to Pattaya and assisted in getting the boat out of the water. In doing so we got our hands and feet wet.

We returned to Wester Australia and a couple of days later my mate complained that his arm was very sore. I took him to Port Headland hospital where he was examined by the doctor. It transpired he had a mosquito bite on his wrist which he had scratched breaking the skin. This had become infected.

The doctor said he had never seen anything like it. There was a bright red line running from his infected wrist all the way up the inner arm until it reached the gland in his armpit which had become very swollen. The doc was so impressed he took a colour photograph. Took massive doses of antibiotics to clear it up.

After that I wouldn't even put my big toe into Pattaya Bay to test the water temperature.