Helping with Isaan house loan for Gf?..Possible?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks to both of you for the reply..

to answer questions:

This figure may sound excessive, but i am balancing between what i would like in a house,as a farang,as opposed to what Thais would accept as whats needed and whats not.

I dont want them lumped with a bill for stuff they think is exorbinant IF i do a runner, but i dont want to be scammed either.

The gf cant get a loan as she earns about 12500 a month working in Bkk, where we now reside and she has no savings.

The loan is to be arranged by the oldest sister. Both parents dead..

a house of 2,5 million...

Did you do the calculations by yourself ?

a house of 100 sqm = about 250 Cbm, with a price between 2000 and 5000 bath per Cbm is between normal and superluxuos.

equals 500.000 towards 1.250.000 bath

expensive tiles costs about 600 Bath /sqm

Concrete about 2000 bath / cbm

wall and roof and floor, about 600 bath / sqm, max 1000 bath.

so the 2.500.000 is very excessive... for a normal Thai house with some Farang adjustments...

Legal max interest is 15% per year

Trusted people to give you a loan will cost more then 50% year, as stated in an earlier posting 5% per month is normal, 10% or even 20% is even more normal...

Put it this way..

So far as i can gather, whats expected of me (for house alone) is

25,000 baht per 6 months.

I asked the term but told "mai rue"

In real terms that means id have to add living expenses if staying there or what id call "spongeing" expenses for having family next door, which probably isnt a big deal except that i also want to keep my appartment in bankok.

25.000 per 6 months ????

2.500.000 diveded by 25.000 = 100 paments / six months ratio's = 50 years terms, without the actual interest...

wow, give that man a round of applause.....

2.5 mil is normal up there. Guy I know paid that and got a concrete slab with (8) 4inch pillars 3 metres high with another concrete slab on top. The money ran out at that

point.

We are all still waiting for the housewarming, maybe next year.?

I hope you're joking and that really the average foreigner isn't that stupid wink.png

Sorry to say I am not joking.

a 4" pillar is rather small for pooring concrete on top...

8 pilars means about 27 sqm surface ( 3 *3 meters regular )

maybe he payed 2,4 mill for the land ?

I'm not familiar with the sins of another. Mine have been costly. My teacher always told me pay with a smile, you have to pay anyway.

I consider it a blessing and the way out of my real debts. With love. I bought us a piece of land about 100 k from the fam. We'll build a resort there. I love my wife.

GF, that's your call. Nothing holy about girl friends and boy friends. It doesn't comply with the law of the land.

Edited by nithisa78

Post #59,

About 10 years ago there was a farang from Buriram know as Bulldozer Man, he was only taken for 2 million baht, but he 'dozed it, hence his nickname.

How do I know this, I used to work alongside him.

For the OP, not what you want to hear, and certainly not what your tee lak wants to hear.

Spoke to a Thai lawyer friend tonight, after pissing himself laffing and asking if this was for real.

His answer, tell the girl to sell the land and use the money the sale generates to buy a house in a new moo baan development.

The advice above has just saved you a few thousand baht in lawyers fees.

Been there done that, know exactly whats coming next, the pout, followed by the waterworks, followed by the sick buffalo story.

I was expected to finance someone elses dream, it has never been and never will be my dream to live in Nakon Nowhere, I bought land in Mclaren Vale in Sth Australia instead, well you can guess how that relationship ended.

2.5 mil is normal up there. Guy I know paid that and got a concrete slab with (8) 4inch pillars 3 metres high with another concrete slab on top. The money ran out at that

point.

I hope you're joking and that really the average foreigner isn't that stupid wink.png

Let me guess, the girls brother who are normally rice farmers with no building experience whatsoever knocked it up between rice harvests. LOL

I can hear bells .... alarm bells to be precise. Do not pay 2.5 million for a home out there, the most you should have to pay for a very nice home is around half of that. Do not make a local loan. Do not let a sister arrange things. Do not live near the g/f family.

I have no idea what you are thinking but this story smacks so much of a rip off that I think it's a troll post.

If this is a serious post, then I want to remind you that you came to live in Thailand to be happy. Any of the above points will ensure that you will not at least be totally happy. Collectively, they are a living misery.

This is Thailand ..... Many, many girls to chose from. Sometimes you can turn a corner and lo and behold .... There's another one. Keep looking and I can assure you that you will find a keeper that fits into your lifestyle so well that you can't imagine living without her and doesn't want a house, car or anything else. Some of them are also extremely fit, attractive, obliging and very nice people to boot!

Edit ... ฿25000 per six months !!! I must have misread. That's ฿50k a year, so without interest that will take 50 years to pay back the 2.5 million. Add some modest interest and we go to around 170 years. Are you serious?

yea.... what he said .............

200 square

?

And seiously I am not joking

point.

Farang next door built a house for gf in village in Surin near you. He paid just over 4 million for farang 3 bedroom house. The cost included enough extra material for the sister organising it, to sell behind his back, as he wasnt there. The sold material, read bonus, was enough to build a nice place for the buyer of the farang paid for material. A sucker born every day. I have not told him as he is a jerk and we all still laugh about it.

building a modest house (near Buriram).

LOL

Will be looking at a figure of 2.5 million.

Who quoted you this figure, for a modest house in Buriram, that sounds like a mansion.

You can build a modest house for way less than 1 million baht, 600k baht will build a modest house.

since the proposed building site is only spitting distance from the existing family house..something im not all that keen on.

If you are not keen on it, why do it, let the mrs pay and build the house, then you move in, simple really.

but the family say they have a trusted people in the village who will give the loan

LOL, what interest rates are being charged, be aware in Thailand 50% per month isnt unheard of.

My best advice, walk away, nay run away from this.

Why cant the gf get a loan?

Actually it's 300 000 for Thai modest 2 bedroom house with toilets and Thai kitchen.

Never seizes to amaze me the number of foreigners who think they can get a bar girl straight .

You can build them a house, buy cars give millions and it still would not be enough.

People waste 30 years of their life paying off mortgage and these parasites think they should have one for free because daughter has a vagina.

bit strong .............................but I to tend to agree with you. but now uve burst this poor man's bubble cheesy.gif

what ever you decide to do treat it as a gift, as all relationships, where ever you have them have a life span and this one will be no different.

you may also find once you have invested in your g/f she may not be so loving caring as she was before. just bare this in mind.

Prices of labour in Thailand house building brick work 80 bt metre. Plastering 80bt a metre.

Tiling 80 to 120bt m2.

Roof in steel including tiles 175bt a square metres

Electric 100bt a socket 50bt a metre wiring. also go to global house Diy. Because there you pay one of the cheapest in Thailand. If you let the builders order they will put up to 50%. On top. Also run the project your self. It's your money these prices are fact I've built for seven years here. A good two bed European 700.000.

Also build on there land means it's there house.

I would never front a loan for a gf back home and the laws there protect you from her family throwing you out on the street at knifepoint. Anytime you mix family and money, any where in the world, it's a sticky situation - especially when it's your money and her family!

That said, all the doom & gloom horror stories here, surely there's one or two blokes that married into decent situations?

Edited by DirtyDan

I,ve just had a house built down in southern Thailand near Trang 2 beds/2 baths 120 sq.metres western standard build and it cost me 1.2 million (money that I can afford to walk away from if necessary) so for 2.5 you must be getting a mansion built whistling.gif

point.

Nope, family land already owned by his wife.

for girlfriend is what got my attention

so you mean, you pay for it, and than go live there with her thai husband

than it's time to be kicked out

why don't you do a kickstarter ... raise the money and make it a guesthouse as return for your investors ?

I also live in a rural village in Thailand. We made a great little home for around 450k baht and you would fall over if you saw it. Not big, 8m X 8m main home with carport, large front and rear porch and a driveway. The home isn't huge, think an 8m X 8m box....split down the middle. The 8 X 4m room is combined lounge kitchen area. We always eat outside so ample room for us. Other side of the house 2 4m x 4m bedrooms. Its not a big showy farang place from the street (although very nice) but people here can't believe it when they walk in. Like a really nice big 2 bedroom apartment with large living space outside. Price I'm talking about includes lovely shower and toilet, air cons, quality furniture, a nice simple but great looking kitchen, alarm, security. Water tanks and pump, small back shed. The back porch is large enough to easily convert cheaply into another bedroom in the future. We were lucky enough to get a couple (husband and wife) of really awesome local bush builders. They gave us a price up front and never had one problem with them re more money etc. When I say 450k baht the mrs already had the land and the shell of the home built and I contributed the last 250k THB to finish. I was quite happy to do that. I know if things go guts up I'll have to walk away from most of it but thats ok. Don't let anyone tell you need to spend millions of baht. Fair enough if you have to accommodate many people your circumstances may be different but Thais are driven by the need to show off. IT seems to take priority over any sort of reasonable thought here. People here cudn't believe we built a small home. I am farang therefore money falls from the sky for me so why not make big mansion. My missus hated my big flashy home in Australia because it was just a huge area for her to clean, for two people. I just don't see the sense of spending that sort of money particularly when the building structurally will probably be sub standard. In a village or Moo Ban no Thai person will ever buy it should you need to sell. It just doesn't make sense mate and if you are not 100% sure about your GF or her family.....the 1.5 mill THB for the price for the home could easily end up at 3 mill after everyone has a piece of you. Even if you could own the home in your own name (which you can't) and you and your girl stay together forever (and she doesn't take the lot) it just isn't a sensible investment. BY the by, have you lived in Isaan or the Moo Ban, particularly in close proximity to her family for long? Not many last longer than 6 months. Its all different and exciting at first and so are the fake smiles of the sharks. Best of luck in your decision mate

post 9 brilliant reply, i have just got shot of one,g/f. small scale though. new tv (not big enough) computer,- not good enough. new phone, (not like, not Samsung) gold bracelet.- (lasted 3 days pawned it to get hair extensions) i can laugh at this as i know the score. but now she sooooo sooory. lol !!

^^^^^^, once knew a farang who gave some upcountry peasant his used phone, after he had bought a new one.

She threw it across the room and smashed it against the wall, said she would lose face by having an old phone, quite ironic really, coz at the time she didnt have any phone.

My mrs left the room at that point shaking her head in disbelief.

This schmuck actually married said girl and couldnt understand why it all went wrong.

No matter what he gave it wasnt enough, still his girl was different.

Bless them you cant help but laugh, they really cant help themselves, its the law of the jungle.

That said, all the doom & gloom horror stories here, surely there's one or two blokes that married into decent situations?

I've not met any.

But I've met a whole load being swindled.

And you can't tell them, even though you know the Thai husband, or you've shagged her yourself.

And some of these guys have been living here years, been with the girl for ten years, but seem to be completely clueless.

I've not met any.

And you can't tell them, even though you know the Thai husband, or you've shagged her yourself.

And some of these guys have been living here years, been with the girl for ten years, but seem to be completely clueless.

Jesus u are a bitter man? That is absolute nonsense. I know plenty of blokes here with good woman....happy and living long term. Only horror stories I hear about, and sure there are some are on TV here. I thought u had a Thai missus? Someone meeting a girl and trying to live in Pattaya together and may be a whole different story

I've not met any.

or you've shagged her yourself.

You forgot to mention, they actually give it away for free.

One time I was propositioned in the Brit Embassay, girl was there to pick up a visa to go to some boring place like St Albans (LOL).

She told me she didnt have a "friend" in Bkk, no problem, and pulled out her husbands ATM, back to the hotel this clown was paying for and drinking Jack Daniels on his dime, LOL.

Why bother typing more stories, the mugs wont believe them.

Was once sat in a taxi with some guys wife, he was on the phone from Farangistan, yes dear just left Foodland (Suk soi 5) going home now.

She was still working in The Rainbow bar in the NEP, and dint want to sleep alone, LOL.

Guy sure had a nice collection of single malts.

I've not met any.

Jesus u are a bitter man? That is absolute nonsense. I know plenty of blokes here with good woman....happy and living long term. Only horror stories I hear about, and sure there are some are on TV here. I thought u had a Thai missus? Someone meeting a girl and trying to live in Pattaya together and may be a whole different story

This is exactly the response I was talking about.

And from a guy that just made posts asking how he can protect himself from his gf in a property deal.

I have a Thai misses, I have children with her & she'd take everything I had in an instant, if I gave her the opportunity.

Not bitter in the slightest, I screw her, and she tries to screw me ....... the perfect relationship.

We met in CM, she has never had any connection with Pattaya, nor me either.

I protected my property in Australia too before marriage. Just as easy to lose the lot in farsng land as it is here if ur a dill. Once again totally agree with you re presenting opportunities to anyone particularly Thais. Ur in a relationship urself yet advise all and sundry here to run for their lives or face peril. Advise be safe, be careful but don't deny others the chance to have a happy life here

Edited by Kenny202

I protected my property in Australia too before marriage. Once again totally agree with you re presenting opportunities to anyone particularly Thais. Ur in a relationship urself yet advise all and sundry here to run for their lives or face peril. Advise be safe, be careful but don't deny others the chance to have a happy life here

I ran for my life twice, with ones I knew I couldn't control.