Officer arrested after failing to rob a goldshop in Phayao

Lite Beer

Officer arrested after failing to rob a goldshop in Phayao

7-3-2015-10-43-29-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- An assistant district officer of Phayao province was injured and arrested after he tried to rob a goldshop in Phayao’s municipal area and shot the owner’s wife.

According to witnesses, Mr Chaisit Kittipong, an assistant district officer of Mae Jai district, walked into Asia goldshop in the municipal area, where three women, including Mrs Nutjaree Sutthikulbut, the wife of the owner, were tending to the shop.

Chaisit then drew out his pistol and ordered the three women to hand him the gold ornaments in the display counter. However, the three women resisted the robbery and fought back.

In the course of the fistfight, a shot rang out hitting Mrs Nutjaree. One of the women smashed Chaisit’s head with a wooden club and they finally subdued him before the arrival of the police.

Police said they were yet to find out what motivated the officer to rob the goldshop.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/officer-arrested-after-failing-to-rob-a-goldshop-in-phayao

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-07-03

A clear cut case of the shop owner obstructing justice.

I am guessing the police guy was taking the gold into custody.

I think this matter can be easily cleared up with a small payment by the owners of the shop to the police pension fund, and the whole matter can be forgotten. No need to bother the courts.

After all the headline makes it clear the police guy didn't didn't rob the place.

The headline also didn't read 'Police Guy Shoots the Owner of a Gold Shop in Attempted Robbery'

So that definitely didn't happen.

Great use of the passive voice to avoid blaming anyone for shooting.

The gun went off and someone was shot, but no-one was holding the gun, pointing it and pulling the trigger at the time.

It just went off.

You might think my cynicism is unwarranted, but where is all the accusatory language usually used in armed robbery stories - not involving the police.

Lets just hope the police guy doesn't press charges for his injuries.

Edited by Manbing

"Officer arrested after failing to rob a goldshop in Phayao"

Sounds like failure was his biggest crime. Had things gone better for him it would have been:

"Officer promoted after successfully robbing gold shop in Phayao"

Gotta love the Thai reporting, headline should have been:

"Royal Thai Police officer scum subdued by hero victims in failed robbery and murder attempt"

Why are you saying that he is a police officer? It says "An assistant district officer of Phayao province "

"Royal Thai Police officer scum subdued by hero victims in failed robbery and murder attempt"

Why are you saying that he is a police officer? It says "An assistant district officer of Phayao province "

My mistake then, it should have been:

"Government officer scum subdued by hero victims in failed robbery and murder attempt"

"Police said they were yet to find out what motivated the officer to rob the goldshop."

Greed?

Arrogance?

Stupidity?

I'll go with stupidity bordering on insanity, imagine trying to separate not one but three Thai women from items worth a lot of money ! biggrin.png

You're a better, and braver man , than I am Somchai Din.

A clear cut case of the shop owner obstructing justice.

I am guessing the police guy was taking the gold into custody.

I think this matter can be easily cleared up with a small payment by the owners of the shop to the police pension fund, and the whole matter can be forgotten. No need to bother the courts.

After all the headline makes it clear the police guy didn't didn't rob the place.

The headline also didn't read 'Police Guy Shoots the Owner of a Gold Shop in Attempted Robbery'

So that definitely didn't happen.

Great use of the passive voice to avoid blaming anyone for shooting.

The gun went off and someone was shot, but no-one was holding the gun, pointing it and pulling the trigger at the time.

It just went off.

You might think my cynicism is unwarranted, but where is all the accusatory language usually used in armed robbery stories - not involving the police.

Lets just hope the police guy doesn't press charges for his injuries.

"So that definitely didn't happen."

That is the only accurate thing in your comment.

A police officer wasn't involved in this attempted robbery so no payment to the police pension fund is necessary, neither is there any need for "accusatory language" as no police were involved and no police"guy" will be making charges for injuries incurred because there was no police officer involved in the robbery attempt.

Go to love Thaivisa posters, the headline should have been,

"Tatsujin Cannot Read, Royal Thai Police Sue Him For Libel".

There's no police to bash/ blame in this incident.

I hereby announce Mr. Lt. General Captain Private of the Keystone Police Department Chaisit Kittipong, the often awarded DARWIN AWARD 2015! gigglem.gif

Too late, you beat him to it, enjoy your award. No police involved in this robbery.

Go to love Thaivisa posters, the headline should have been,

"Tatsujin Cannot Read, Royal Thai Police Sue Him For Libel".

There's no police to bash/ blame in this incident.

Yes, thank you Sviss Geez, I corrected it in post #16 as I couldn't edit the original post.

Edited by Tatsujin