Slain tycoon's widow and daughter meet police

Lite Beer

SOMYOT
Slain tycoon's widow and daughter meet police
KITTIPONG MANEERIT
THE SUNDAY NATION

30263766-01.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- POLICE yesterday summoned wife and daughter of murdered night entertainment tycoon Somyot Suthangkool for the fourth time, as well as Somyot's three lawyers, to garner information about a supposed land dispute Somyot was involved in before being slain.

Somyot, 62, was shot dead outside a shark fin soup restaurant on Monday night.

His daughter, Natthida, 25, claimed her half brother, whom she had previously suspected to be behind the murder, as they both disliked each other, was unlikely to be the killer. Her mother, Rassamee, concurred.

Natthida confirmed that her parents had a conflict two years ago but as far as she knew her father hadn't physically hurt her mother.

"Once my dad was angry and was about to choke my mum but I stopped him," she said, adding that reports of her father losing a lot of money in gambling were untrue because he mostly won and was quite disciplined.

Rassamee told police that the fight two years ago was over a Bt60-million juice factory investment, which she didn't tell Somyot of in advance, but he was never physically violent towards her. She said prior to his death, Somyot had helped her at the factory and they were happy together without any problems.

In relation to his murder, she pointed the finger at people who owed him money over gambling and those involved in a land dispute with him.

After meeting the case investigators yesterday at Klong Tan Police Station, Metropolitan Police Area 5 investigation superintendent Colonel Supat Peungpoung said police were continuing to mull over various possible motives but still gave more weight to Somyot's conflict with someone close to him as the likely reason for his death.

Police would soon summon the family member that Nattida mentioned, he said, adding that investigators would re-examine security camera footage before and after the shooting to try to determine for sure where the two attackers went.

Supat said the footage previously showed the duo disappeared near Ramkhamhaeng Soi 24.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Slain-tycoons-widow-and-daughter-meet-police-30263766.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-07-05

Strangely enough such acts that led to the death of the victim are often due to close relatives and the influence of emotional and financial motivations.

The hiring of another or others to perpetrate the acts not being an unknown occurrence!!

RHG%20logo%20jpeg%20(Medium).jpeg

Edited by arfurcrown

Thai soap opera.

Domestic violence, family estrangement and sibling resentment leading to irretrievable breakdown in communications, after one of the family refuses to participate, what with being fatally shot to death and mortally offended.

This is a pic before the murder yeah? They look quite cheery.

Maybe the bloke was a complete douche gigglem.gif

Note, in an earlier item the daughter says she stepped in to stop her father choking her mother. Just normal behaviors.

This is a pic before the murder yeah? They look quite cheery.

Maybe the bloke was a complete douche gigglem.gif

Note, in an earlier item the daughter says she stepped in to stop her father choking her mother. Just normal behaviors.

Sounds to me like they were acting out one of the current soaps and it got out of hand.

Edited by Pimay1

ratcatcher post # 11

Not a word of condolences for the family of this hi-so club owner. Understandably so.

His widow and daughter seem relaxed enough to smile for the camera in their hour of grief.

''Grief'' is a wonderful emotion that can be used as a defense or assault weapon or a pent up relief escape valve emotion by anyone to cover their true feelings!!

I'm so happy I could cry!!

Edited by arfurcrown

It's great they look so happy in the photo.

Where's the obligatory inverted V sign ?

They wanna do it the proper way (Thainess, you know) So they save the V-pics for the press conference after they signed all necessary papers...

they say money is the root of all evil in this case it is , at the end of the day I think the culprits are the person or persons who owe the most money and I think the police will eventually arrive at the same conclusion .

Sounds like a good soapie script in amongst all the nonsense, same plot of course, money money, fight fight, bang bang your dead and everyone lives happily ever after except for the dummy laying cold on the slab.

Edited by Artisi

Neat photo, where even the photographer is in the picture!

I wonder who will take over this family business?

RIP to the owner, 62 is not that old, maybe at 82 okay

then by then a life would be considered well lived.