Father faces deportation to Thailand after 27 years in Britain for two 'stupid crimes'

webfact

So many Muslims in UK, but they deport this guy.

Sorry for the Donald Trump blunder

What has the faith of British citizens got to do with this story?

Are you British? Quite frankly I think you should be outraged by the amount of garbage that comes to Europe with quite the obvious ties to extremists.... but it is the ignorance (and arrogance) of your politicians that keeps the streets of uk safe for them to do some beheadings. No one with any heart would deport this guy over some small time theft. Mark Whalberg has done worse and he is making millions with his stupid movies.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Deport first, appeal later Law right??? same like shoot first, ask questions later... I really think people of the same ethnicity should stay in their appropriate regions and not migrate... unless it is very very special special circumstances!!! Anyway when cultures and tradition clash there are a lot of problems which cannot be solved... in one's own society, religious beliefs, traditions and societal norms can find answers or solutions, might not be the best but won't make things worse. Anyway it is sad to know the mother committed suicide... and the child was left on his own within the Childcare system or whatever... anyway this is what happens when you are out of you society...

People of the same ethnicity? Appropriate regions? One's own society?

Do you really believe all that?

Sounds like he would've enjoyed Apartheid. Sad really...:unsure:

This is wrong on so many levels ... and another reason I detest the UK.

His crimes were no different from 1,000's of others that Britons commit on a daily basis, so jail him ... or fine him ... but he hasn't killed anyone, and doesn't deserve to be deported, especially as he is the father OF a British child, that will (now, presumably) lose his father.

I agree.

Shows that Britain is still ruled by the same bs mentality that transported poor citizens across the world while the wealthy plundered their way through the rest of the world. And what's amazing is seeing people on Thai visa condone it Unbelievable ! His crimes weren't that bloody serious. Brits bash and rob each other every day of the week <deleted> ! It's part of the culture ! Wake up you Brit butt lickers you are ruled and played like pawns by Etonites and they would toss you to the lions too without a second thought. Stand up for what is right for once !

His crimes weren't serious? Hello? Violent physical harm and theft is indeed serious. You believe that UK citizens bashing and robbing is acceptable. The victims of the crimes disagree. What is right is protecting society from a violent thief. The man is unemployable because he is both a thief and violent. If you want to support him , go right ahead, but English taxpayers do not.

Nothing stopped this twit from applying from citizenship. He could have applied 20+ years ago. He chose not to. He is not a citizen of England. He has not shown himself to be peaceful or law abiding. Good bye and good riddance. He'll fit in very nicely in Thailand. He can take his chav "partner" when he leaves.

Partial much?

He is for all ostensible purposes 'British'. British as we know Britons today anyhow!

Fourth fifths+ of his life was spent there [pre-consent and from a ridiculously young age], schooling, work and family so it was just not the oath and document to seal the deal.

Neither you, nor i nor anyone here can do more than judge the 'seriousness' of his crimes other than what was written and in the scope of serious felonies they read lower than most others. The theft especially although assault is always a worry i grant.

But, wanting to view his situation to express your general views on UK domestic policy is cheap opportunism. It is too often the LCD view on this stuff especially here on TV. Actually that is true for anyone who wants to vent on minorities generally because a specific example. Gutless.

Open a thread on your issues and discuss it openly.

Edited by optad

So now we see the maybe negative results of the action to stop using the Human Rights Act that criminals have used in ridiculous circumstances to avoid deportation after serving prison sentences in the UK. Let's not forget that one guy avoided deportation to Brazil due his right to a family life, when the family was his cat!

Ideally these cases would be settled before prisoners were due for release. But as the law moves so slowly with all the appeals process etc that is seldom possible.

In this case I would like to know why the prisoner did not apply for UK citizenship when he became an adult 14 years ago?

Interesting that is case becomes news the week after a British man get a 50 year sentence in Thailand for a couple of hundred druggie pills. Makes me wonder if that is just a coincidence.

I think it is ridiculous that this lad should be deported brought up in the uk from being a boy he is a uk citizen and should be treated as such .

but isn't this the issue, he is not a British citizen ? if he was they cant deport him, surely after 27 years there one would have thought he would have got his British citizenship sorted out, stand to be corrected but he could have had it after being in country for 5 years ?

This sounds no different from British citizens who went to Aussie to emigrate spent years there, never took up Aussie citizenship, committed crimes, got caught, did the jail time and got deported from Aussie back to the UK.

How will he suffer? He can teach English! coffee1.gif

Has he got a degree?

Arai wa? blink.png Look at the state of English in this country. Since when has not having a degree stopped anyone from teaching?

From the airport, tell the taxi to go straight to KS Road. coffee1.gif

How would a person teach English in Thailand if they can not speak Thai?

Most of the English teachers I know speak little if any Thai. That's true of Brits, Aussies, Americans, South Africans, and the ubiquitous Filipinos.

Maybe the chap can apply for asylum in the UK (or France) as his life might be at risk being deported to Thailand with this terrible junta in power which doesn't like people who do not show to understand the 'right' Thai values. After All the man is to have said

"But Ive been brought up English, educated English and paid my tax and national insurance. So what part of me isnt English?"

Or take the name of A Certain Someone in vain, guaranteeing a prison sentence...

Absolutely! I'm sure that if it would help his case he'd be willing to do that.

I think it is ridiculous that this lad should be deported brought up in the uk from being a boy he is a uk citizen and should be treated as such .

but isn't this the issue, he is not a British citizen ? if he was they cant deport him, surely after 27 years there one would have thought he would have got his British citizenship sorted out, stand to be corrected but he could have had it after being in country for 5 years ?

This sounds no different from British citizens who went to Aussie to emigrate spent years there, never took up Aussie citizenship, committed crimes, got caught, did the jail time and got deported from Aussie back to the UK.

not sure about Britain but Canada just passed a law that allows them to deport a naturalized canadian if they have dual citizenship

While I see, understand and agree in principle with what the government is doing, I would have to question the logic in this decision by them.

As he arrived in country at the age of 6, with no say in his future, and having been in the system since 11yo, again without say, how can he still be regarded as Thai and be open to deportation?

This really is IMHO one of the unfortunates that fell through a hole in the system.

So many Muslims in UK, but they deport this guy.

Sorry for the Donald Trump blunder

What has the faith of British citizens got to do with this story?

Are you British? Quite frankly I think you should be outraged by the amount of garbage that comes to Europe with quite the obvious ties to extremists.... but it is the ignorance (and arrogance) of your politicians that keeps the streets of uk safe for them to do some beheadings. No one with any heart would deport this guy over some small time theft. Mark Whalberg has done worse and he is making millions with his stupid movies.

Lived a lot of my adult life in the UK in communities that had Muslim British citizens residing. Never had any problems that I haven't faced elsewhere. Certainly don't recall any beheadings. Think I'd remember that.

I still don't see what that has to do with this story.

However I do agree it seems harsh to deport this guy because of his circumstances.

Circumstances and nature of crimes committed should be the criteria for deporting people.

Not faith.

Edited by Bluespunk

How would a person teach English in Thailand if they can not speak Thai?

Most of the English teachers I know speak little if any Thai. That's true of Brits, Aussies, Americans, South Africans, and the ubiquitous Filipinos.

What's likely to happen is the graduate will be put in a class with a Thai ' English ' teacher who will run the show, mostly Thai will be spoken and the native speaker won't have a clue as to what is being translated.

The Thai teacher possibly won't understand what's supposed to be passed on anyway so will simply put their own interpretation on what the native speaker has said.

At 27 years, from the age of 11..... I really don't think he should be deported unless the crimes he was to be deported for are grave (i.e. murder, attempted murder, armed robbery, or connections to organized crime). He is more British than Thai.....

I think UK has enough British criminals, they don't need foreigner helping them in this kind of business.

not sure about Britain but Canada just passed a law that allows them to deport a naturalized canadian if they have dual citizenship

Do you care to elaborate upon the extraordinary circumstances of that? A 'naturalized Canadian' does not axiomatically assume duel citizenship and rendering a person stateless is a contravention of the UN charter. Cannot be done judiciously.

Australia has as well, where an individual has dual citizenship, and has compromised one nation's sovereignty in the trespass of a terrorist type activity. This can only be executed by a judicial body, ie the courts and not an executive order.

My point is that, even when those circumstances apply/arise, it is not done lightly.

(10 pound poms are different!)

Edited by optad

Think this one is coming in the UK as well soon, think Aussie has already passed that law as well, but it applies to geniune dual nationals only ie they hold citizenships from two countries, eg if a naturalised Canadian revoked their " other" citizenship and only carried a Canadian pp, they can't be deport under this law as far as I am aware

He has lived there since he was 6, was schooled, worked, has a partner and child there. He is a British citizen and should be treated as such.

Of course the contingent of right wing "Dem damn foreigners! dey took our jawwwbbbs!" contingent on here would agree with deportation cos they are desperately out of touch with the world.

Not defending what he did (as I don't know the full circumstances, but it sounds like he had a crappy upbringing) but come on he wasn't born there but he is British.

Do you care to elaborate upon the extraordinary circumstances of that? A 'naturalized Canadian' does not axiomatically assume duel citizenship and rendering a person stateless is a contravention of the UN charter. Cannot be done judiciously.

Australia has as well, where an individual has dual citizenship, and has compromised one nation's sovereignty in the trespass of a terrorist type activity. This can only be executed by a judicial body, ie the courts and not an executive order.

My point is that, even when those circumstances apply/arise, it is not done lightly.

(10 pound poms are different!)

It doesn't contravene any UN charter, which relates to depriving someone of a citizenship, the persons under question would hold two citizenships, and therefore a law could be passed to revoke one of those citizenships, therefore they are not deprived of a Citizenship they still have another one

Good riddance to bad rubbish

Glad to see Britain can get rid of some of the bad immigrants,wish they could get rid of a lot more criimal inclined ones.

A young infant when arriving in England would well and truly make him a bad Englishman would it not, and seeing that most like yourself lack empathy or no understanding of true justice, I would think staying at home staying in England would truly be appropriate with the likes of your type. Once a POM always POME (Prisoner of Mother England)

I wish the U.S. would pass a law like this.

The US does have a law like this and has had it and it is called the...

Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996

More on the above...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illegal_Immigration_Reform_and_Immigrant_Responsibility_Act_of_1996

Mainly used against Southeast Asian migrants also....Wiki link...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deportation_of_Cambodians_from_the_United_States

Edited by sunshine51

Good riddance to bad rubbish

Glad to see Britain can get rid of some of the bad immigrants,wish they could get rid of a lot more criimal inclined ones.

A young infant when arriving in England would well and truly make him a bad Englishman would it not, and seeing that most like yourself lack empathy or no understanding of true justice, I would think staying at home staying in England would truly be appropriate with the likes of your type. Once a POM always POME (Prisoner of Mother England)

Don't tar us all with the same brush mate. Cos then you are doing like the poster you quoted is doing smile.png

At 27 years, from the age of 11..... I really don't think he should be deported unless the crimes he was to be deported for are grave (i.e. murder, attempted murder, armed robbery, or connections to organized crime). He is more British than Thai.....

I think UK has enough British criminals, they don't need foreigner helping them in this kind of business.

He is about as british as anyone else there... he has no ties to Thailand - probably has no memories (I have none from 11 year old)..... his only ties to Thailand are maybe an accident of birth. In fact this is about as close to dumping ones criminal problems on another country as it comes -- since all his socialization (and with that criminal socialization) has been done in Britain. If he is a "foreigner", it really just comes down to the colour of his skin at this point.

I wish Australia would do the same, instead, what you have three is a bunch of liberals and

soft hearted whom, somehow defends the ' new Australians ' criminal behavior with

a ' fair go ' BS, while the very same criminals are living safe and sucking on the social

securities tits dry thumbing their noses at the authorities...

Australia does deport repeat offenders who are permanent residents, not citizens, as is the case in the OP. BTW it was Labor who enacted legislation to deport over stayers / illegal workers.

To deport for relatively minor criminal offences, as in the OP, is IMO over the top.

I never saw them myself.

I am surprised by so many posters suggesting he can teach English!

Just because he grew up in England and made a career in catering?

This is supposed to say much of

- these posters view of English;

- the Thai Education system view of teaching English;

- the fact why so many Thais after studying hard for about 10 years still speak no English.

No offence meant to some teachers of English in Thailand.

He is a two time convicted felon. Yeah he is so sorry he got caught. How many other crimes did he commit in which he was not caught? Good for Britain.

No sympathy here. Just wish my country would do the same and a San Fran girl would still be alive today after being killed by the same sort of criminal in the U.S. Last week.