Lady Boys of Bangkok left bemused after thieves pinch KILTS before Dundee show

webfact

Lady Boys of Bangkok left bemused after thieves pinch KILTS before Dundee show
BY RECORD REPORTER

THE kilts were the only thing taken after a raid on the Thai performers' marquee in the city's Baxter Park before the opening night of their Scottish tour.

DUNDEE: -- THE Lady Boys of Bangkok are used to having things pinched – but they didn’t expect their kilts to be snaffled.

Five custom-fitted kilts and sporrans were taken from the Thai performers’ marquee in Baxter Park, Dundee.

A spokesman said: “At first, the Lady Boys were totally bemused. Their question was – why?

“Nothing else was taken – only the kilts. Scotland has always been home to the Lady Boys. They’ve been coming for 17 years. They’re devastated that in Scotland, someone would do that. They just feel a bit sad that it would happen here.”

The Lady Boys planned to wear the kilts for the finale of their show, when they dance and sing along to Scottish songs, including Loch Lomond and I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles) by The Proclaimers.

Full story: http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/lady-boys-bangkok-left-bemused-6010323

-- Daily Record 2015-07-08

This theft story appears every year when they do their show in the UK. Although in previous years it's their underwear stolen.
Can only assume it's some sort of advertisement masquerading as a news story to promote the show.

eg from the Scottish Daily Record 2001:
"SECURITY at a hit fringe show has been tightened after a kinky thief stole a pair of 38DD fake breasts and underwear.
Organisers reported the Ladyboys of Bangkok's props and clothing missing from their changing rooms.
But yesterday, bemused police said: "The items were valued at around pounds 800 but I doubt there's much market for this sort of thing."
A spokesman for show organisers Urban Circus said the thief must have had a fetish for dressing up.
Last year, the Thai transvestite group almost scrapped their show when a Ladyboy reportedly feared his breast implants would explode if he boarded a plane to Edinburgh
"

Was on a trip up to Loei last week- there was a shrine with loads of very pretty carved / painted elephants just sitting there- just by the Mekong. I mentioned to a friend if this was in the UK - the whole lot would have been stolen overnight.

Some members seem to think that Thailand is a hot bed of thieves- it is not- try living in a UK City , sometimes you wake up in the morning and hope the wheels are still on your car.

So I am sure EBay will soon list - small kilts ( they will not go around 99% of the porky UK population) ideal for page boys at weddings.

Was on a trip up to Loei last week- there was a shrine with loads of very pretty carved / painted elephants just sitting there- just by the Mekong. I mentioned to a friend if this was in the UK - the whole lot would have been stolen overnight.

Some members seem to think that Thailand is a hot bed of thieves- it is not- try living in a UK City , sometimes you wake up in the morning and hope the wheels are still on your car.

So I am sure EBay will soon list - small kilts ( they will not go around 99% of the porky UK population) ideal for page boys at weddings.

They should check which Tartan and track down the clan members!

Good quality kilts aren't cheap. Wonder where these were made?

Agree with you btw. Much much more petty thieving, vandalism and thuggery in the UK - IME.

There is a shrine near the river near to by daughters school. Loads of carved Zebras of all sizes, and some elephants. Kept really nice. Would be lucky to survive one night in the UK.

Italy and France are the pickpocket capitals of Europe - their undergrounds are famous for it.

They should check which Tartan and track down the clan members!

Good quality kilts aren't cheap. Wonder where these were made?

Agree with you btw. Much much more petty thieving, vandalism and thuggery in the UK - IME.

There is a shrine near the river near to by daughters school. Loads of carved Zebras of all sizes, and some elephants. Kept really nice. Would be lucky to survive one night in the UK.

Italy and France are the pickpocket capitals of Europe - their undergrounds are famous for it.

So presumably, the UK as a whole is a thieves' paradise? Perhaps you should each try doing a little more research. Try the general branch insurance companies. They price premiums by post code.