Suspected Child Molesting Football Coach arrested by Pattaya Tourist Police

webfact

Suspected Child Molesting Football Coach arrested by Pattaya Tourist Police

tp-2.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A 46 year old Thai man, accused of sexually assaulting over 40 children under the age of 15, who is currently working as a coach for a youth soccer team and has been wanted on warrant since 2012, was arrested by Pattaya Tourist Police on Monday afternoon.

Police Major Biyapong, Inspector-in-charge of the Pattaya Tourist Police, announced the arrest of Khun Draipop at a football field in the Banglamung area based on arrest warrant number 1517/2555 dated 25th February 2012. The warrant states the suspect is accused of engaging in sexual acts with a child under the age of 15.

He is suspected of assaulting over 40 children and would film the lewd acts and then sell the videos online. A previous case dating back to 4th July 2011 saw him arrested on similar offences.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/202468/suspected-child-molesting-football-coach-arrested-by-pattaya-tourist-police/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-07-07

Is it just me or is the law really that ferked up here, jeeez!!!

"He is suspected of assaulting over 40 children and would film the lewd acts and then sell the videos online. A previous case dating back to 4th July 2011 saw him arrested on similar offences.

Despite allegations of serious crimes involving children and the high chance he could reoffend, we understand that Khun Draipop was granted bail of 700,000 Baht pending a Court appearance.

There is no bail condition which prevents him from continuing his employment as a football coach and no condition that he must refrain from any contact with children."

"He is suspected of assaulting over 40 children and would film the lewd acts and then sell the videos online. A previous case dating back to 4th July 2011 saw him arrested on similar offences.

Despite allegations of serious crimes involving children and the high chance he could reoffend, we understand that Khun Draipop was granted bail of 700,000 Baht pending a Court appearance.

There is no bail condition which prevents him from continuing his employment as a football coach and no condition that he must refrain from any contact with children."

because he is suspected of, and innocent until proven guilty. However if he is guilty i hope the families give him a lesson in human behaviour

Not just here, England is not really a paragon of virtue in paedophilia, especially when institutions like the police and the bbc are involved with cover ups of its 'celebrities'

Not just here, England is not really a paragon of virtue in paedophilia, especially when institutions like the police and the bbc are involved with cover ups of its 'celebrities'

And government/politicians!

I am curious ...

Is this just (the usual) bad English ... or can the Tourist Police arrest someone?

Yes - they have same powers as normal police I believe. I think you are confusing them with volunteers.

I can assure you it is not you only, and yes the legal system is seriously ferked up here. When for years your system has run ofso many fingers in the pie, that

you cannot see the pie, what do you expect to get? Exactly what they have.

T.I.T

It would take too long to compile a "sex offenders list" like other countries !!!

There ARE various task forces tackling problems of this nature. However - it's a massive issue that also tends to Involve those in power - not just here , but globally.

At the risk of sounding cynical. It's not a problem that's going to go away any time soon.

because he is suspected of, and innocent until proven guilty. However if he is guilty i hope the families give him a lesson in human behaviour

I'm sure you have noticed that he was out on bail since 2011, and still no court case after 4 years, while he already a new arrest warrant for similar offenses since 2012.

So that is 3 cases of child molesting involving 40 children, and you think there is still a possibility that they got the wrong guy?

Not that only police and BBC but politicians and high society too. The cream of england. Always disturbing to see here some giving lessons to others.

I wonder how many arrest warrants are outstanding in this country?

Child molesters/rapists and murders should be tracked down without mercy, why don't they have a task force for this?

They do have a dedicated task force for this, however, as in all criminal matters in Thailand, money is the law!

I know this guy and he has been around Pattaya for many many years. I recall seeing it in the news and him get arrested previously, in fact, one of his previous arrests took place in a cinema.

Thais and their courts do not view sexual offences anywhere near as dimly as they are viewed in the West unless they are of course, sons or daughters of important people. That, unfortunately is just how it is.

The photo on the pattaya one site looks like damning evidence to me

I wonder how many arrest warrants are outstanding in this country?

Child molesters/rapists and murders should be tracked down without mercy, why don't they have a task force for this?

Trust that there is!

You are quite right. Unbelievable. He will do a runner & someone in his family will lose 700,000B. He should have been kept locked up. Permanently, while they had him there!

Posters are reminded of this forum rule ...

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

​Overtly derogatory comments about police fall into that category.

Is this just a gratuitous tangential comment diverting attention away from the point made by LennyW, or are you trying to suggest that in England (at least, and possibly in the UK as a whole) a suspect arrested on suspicion of paedophilia and released on bail is free to continue the activities which were associated with the original charges? I don't think so

Why are the Tourist Police involved?

Is there are Tourist involved?

Does it matter?

Of course it matters! He wants to satisfy his curiosity, as do I, as to why tourist police would arrest a Thai. Why not the bib?

No need to intimate that because we question this that we think the offence is trivial.

Well there are 40 kids.

I guess they got that number by going through videos that have him in it.

We can probably deduce, that at least 1 case is factual.

Therefore, he should not be working with children at this time.

I am curious ...

Is this just (the usual) bad English ... or can the Tourist Police arrest someone?

Yes - they have same powers as normal police I believe. I think you are confusing them with volunteers.

The Tourist Police section is a division of the Royal Thai Police force, they are Thai police officers with exactly the same powers as any other officer. Nothing to do with "bad English".

Why are the Tourist Police involved?

Is there are Tourist involved?

Does it matter?

Of course it matters! He wants to satisfy his curiosity, as do I, as to why tourist police would arrest a Thai. Why not the bib?

No need to intimate that because we question this that we think the offence is trivial.

Tourist Police are "BIBs", they are normal officers but supposedly have abilities such as the command of other languages who may able to offer more assistance to foreigners than their colleagues. There is no reason for a member of the Tourist Police not to arrest a Thai. Tourist Police officers are not foreign volunteers.