• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just asked the wife.

Pay $$$ now.

In 3 months time, they refund the $$$.

LOGICAL?

I assume you're talking about the red dealer plates? If so, then yes, paying a security deposit for them is standard practice, as these are not easy for dealerships to replace if lost/stolen. Just to be clear, these are not your plates, and have not been issued for you car - the dealer owns these plates, is letting you use them on your car, and needs them back so they can re-use them for other future customers.

It should not take 3 months to get your car's actual white plates though - more like 1 month.

I should also add that it's illegal to use red plates for longer than 30 days anyway ;)

Benz ... BMs ... and Lexus are of course exempt from the 30 day rule by arrangement ... as is other upmarket PPV ... maybe :unsure:

Don't think so. The BIB are happy to take money from anyone. IF they are caught, upmarket PPVs will be hit the same as a CR-V or Accord. Naive drivers, BMW's and Mercs might get a higher fine.

Strange how red plates have turned into a New Car Badge / status symbol in Thailand. Everybody seems to want to hang on to them. Pity Prayut wouldn't forget raising taxes and sell more status trinkets instead. A special series of permanent red plates with lots of 8s and 9s might sell well.

Edited by Jitar

• 2 weeks later...

CNX - delivered 2 weeks ago. All as promised!

Are you able to give us a test drive report of your first impressions please?

I do not drive anymore. Wife & FIL do. FIL is a motor mechanic.

He found it a very enjoyable vehicle to drive, handled well & had ample power.

CNX - delivered 2 weeks ago. All as promised!

Are you able to give us a test drive report of your first impressions please?

I do not drive anymore. Wife & FIL do. FIL is a motor mechanic.

He found it a very enjoyable vehicle to drive, handled well & had ample power.

Just out of interest what are the engine revolutions in top gear at 80kph.

I ask because the revs on a 2.5 Toyota are nearer 2.000rpm whilst the 3lt is smack on 1.500.

I reckon about 1350 rpm at 80 km/h

What I wanted was not an about but an exact.

Reason being if it was tweeked engine wise would it run out of revs at high speed.

Would never be 1350 as it's tick over is around 900.

The new PJS does over 180 km/hr without any mods, and starts feeling unsettled/uneasy at anything above 140. Testing how far it can go modded is only for those with a death wish.

The old model still felt relatively planted at 150-160 - so long as it wasn't a version with the smaller 16" wheels. Such is the sacrifice for improved ride quality.

Edited by IMHO

Reason being if it was tweeked engine wise would it run out of revs at high speed.

The new PJS does over 180 km/hr without any mods, and starts feeling unsettled/uneasy at anything above 140. Testing how far it can go modded is only for those with a death wish.

The old model still felt relatively planted at 150-160 - so long as it wasn't a version with the smaller 16" wheels. Such is the sacrifice for improved ride quality.

Have driven the old model with small wheels, it was to say the least at speed a pig. The ride quality was very good reasonably smooth. That's if you compare it against the Spivo that is quite stiff but at least it holds the road well for what it is.

Looks like not a vehicle to play about with.

It will be 1350 rpm at 80ks if Mitsu specs are correct. That is not unusual for current vehicles with lots of gears. The 8 speed allows very high gearing. That's why the fuel consumption and CO2 are better.

The gearing would run to 240ks If you could tweek the engine enough to get the power required at 4000 rpm and the suspension & brakes to control it, But then what would be the point in LOS?

Besides you don't want to sell your Spivo right....

Edited by Jitar

It will be 1350 rpm at 80ks if Mitsu specs are correct. That is not unusual for current vehicles with lots of gears. The 8 speed allows very high gearing. That's why the fuel consumption and CO2 are better.

The gearing would run to 240ks If you could tweek the engine enough to get the power required at 4000 rpm and the suspension & brakes to control it, But then what would be the point in LOS?

Besides you don't want to sell your Spivo right....

A chum of mine seems interested in getting a Mitsu, said he would have it sorted like I have. Was just asking questions regarding same.

Your right not a bit interested in changing my Spivo. Having sorted the engine, brakes, lights, I'll just have to start all over again on any of the new stuff available.

I must admit I didn't know that they had an 8 gear auto: box, top must be like the old over drive set up.

• 3 weeks later...

By Mitsubishi Thailand

The All-new Pajero Sport price will be increased from January 2016

Pathumthani – 8 December 2015; Mitsubishi Motors will increase price of the All-new Pajero Sport from January 2016 according to new government excise tax rate structure. However the existing retail price is still available for customers who make a booking within this year but receive that car next year. On the other hand the price of the 2016 New Mirage will not be changed.

Mr. Morikazu Chokki, President and CEO of Mitsubishi Motors (Thailand) Company Limited informed that Mitsubishi Motors decided to increase price for the All-new Pajero Sport from January 2016 to meet the new government excise tax rate structure of Pickup Passenger Vehicle (PPV) which will be increased by 5 %* from 2016. The new price will be official announced in January. However, for the customers who book within December 2015, even if the delivery will be in next year, the price is the same as current price.

Thus, Mitsubishi Motors recommend the customers who are interested in the All-new Pajero Sport to book within December 2015.

Mr. Chokki also added that price of the 2016 New Mirage launched at the 32nd Thailand International Motor Expo will not be changed as the company emphasize that listed price is already adjusted according to next year tax because delivery will be started in January.

Remark : * According to the new government excise tax rate structure that will be effective on 1 January 2016 onwards, Pickup Passenger Vehicle (PPV) tax is expected to increase from 20% to 25 or 30% mainly based on its carbon dioxide emissions. The all new Pajero Sport which is able to produce less than 200g/km of CO2 will be taxed 25%.

Still undecided whether going to buy the Everest or the Pjs. Did anybody buy or just test drive the Pjs. Looking at various Aussie auto websites seems like its getting pretty good reviews. Even though I don't really like the rear of the Pjs I can probably get used to it :-D

Still undecided whether going to buy the Everest or the Pjs. Did anybody buy or just test drive the Pjs. Looking at various Aussie auto websites seems like its getting pretty good reviews. Even though I don't really like the rear of the Pjs I can probably get used to it :-D

I was told yesterday that there are still some 2.2Ltr Everests available for delivery this year.

Also that they are now only building MY16 for delivery next year. I'm not sure if the guy was joking but he said EVT+ about xmas 2016 if you order now.

I'm confused.

One minute it says the new Mitsu is good and the next it says it's like the new Fortuner. Which is it to be?

It still looks like the styling was done by the Chinese though.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/877634-unbelievable-dash-cam-footage-of-car-crash-in-thailand/?utm_source=newsletter-20151211-0716&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=featured

Video from another page. The white car looks like the new PS. Does it show the crash mitigation system in action? Doubt the driver could brake that quickly.

Edited by ChesneyHawkes

Does anyone know of any after market quality accessories for the New Pajero Sport? Thai Websites?

I am also looking for a cover that will be on it for months while we are gone. Any suggestions on material and storage techniques? Thanks

No matter what you always gotta buy the top top top model to get anything that isnt purely cosmetic.

We did - 4WD was a freebie at the time. B1.5m? (approx).

I have two concerns about 4 wheel drive.

1. I don't want stiffened suspension because the soft ride is very very important to me. I've driven previous years Fortuner and Vigo and have hated the hard ride and wouldn't buy one because of it. I know what people say.... if you want a softer ride but a car. We need more space.

2. Living on the border with Laos I've heard that 4x4 are stolen more often.

3. I believe insurance and registration is more expensive.

If I could buy a top of the line with all the goodies that wasn't a 4x4 I'd prefer it.

Update:

Today I test drove the Fortuner, Everest, PJS.

I liked them all. Much softer ride quality than a few years ago. Not a loser in the bunch.

Decided to buy the Mitsubishi Pajero Sport top spec 4X4. Picking it up in the morning.

No matter what you always gotta buy the top top top model to get anything that isnt purely cosmetic.

We did - 4WD was a freebie at the time. B1.5m? (approx).

I have two concerns about 4 wheel drive.

1. I don't want stiffened suspension because the soft ride is very very important to me. I've driven previous years Fortuner and Vigo and have hated the hard ride and wouldn't buy one because of it. I know what people say.... if you want a softer ride but a car. We need more space.

2. Living on the border with Laos I've heard that 4x4 are stolen more often.

3. I believe insurance and registration is more expensive.

If I could buy a top of the line with all the goodies that wasn't a 4x4 I'd prefer it.

Update:

Today I test drove the Fortuner, Everest, PJS.

I liked them all. Much softer ride quality than a few years ago. Not a loser in the bunch.

Decided to buy the Mitsubishi Pajero Sport top spec 4X4. Picking it up in the morning.

A fine choice - and at 300K less than the top spec Everest (for the next 2 weeks anyway), a downright bargain too.

As for your accessories, Mitsu have a pretty good range of genuine ones:

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.th/all-new-pajero-sport/assets/data/LEAFLET_Accessories.pdf

Outside of that, if you google for "New Pajero Sport Club" you should find a couple of web boards with accessory vendors, along with some FB groups.

I saw this brochure at the dealership. I'm getting all of them except the hood and window deflectors.

I still need some kind of cover.

I gave the Everest serious consideration. I use to be a Ford buyer. They let me down and I haven't forgiven them. I've been buying Japanese ever since and haven't regretted it.

I saw this brochure at the dealership. I'm getting all of them except the hood and window deflectors.

I still need some kind of cover.

I gave the Everest serious consideration. I use to be a Ford buyer. They let me down and I haven't forgiven them. I've been buying Japanese ever since and haven't regretted it.

There are a few vendors on the club web boards that make tailored high quality car covers. You can also buy generic ones at Tesco Lotus and Big C. No matter which style you get though, only ever put them on perfectly clean car, and try to park it somewhere where wind won't blow dust under it - otherwise you will end up with marred paint.

As for once bitten, twice shy.. yep, I'm the same with Chev.