Police investigating rumor that Prayut transferred 10 billion baht to Singapore Bank

webfact

Police Investigating Rumor that Prayuth Transferred 10 Billion Baht to Singapore Bank
BY Khaosod English

14364317461436431925l.jpg
Gen. Prayuth Chan-ocha denying the 10 billion baht rumor to reporters at the Government House on 6 July 2015.

BANGKOK — Thai police say they are monitoring the people who started a rumor on social media alleging that junta chairman Gen. Prayuth Chan-ocha had transferred 10 billion baht to his personal bank account in Singapore.

Speaking at a press conference today, Thai police commander Pol.Gen. Somyot Pumpanmuang said those who started the allegation, which Gen. Prayuth has denied, will be charged with violating the Computer Crime Act.

According to Pol.Gen. Somyot, police have already identified at least one person who helped spread the rumor, but declined to say whether the person has been detained.

"As for details about that, I cannot disclose them right now, but we already knew who the person is," Pol.Gen. Somyot said. "We have been monitoring the person."

However, Bangkok Business News agency quoted the commander of police’s technology crime division as saying that a 45-year-old Redshirt supporter was arrested in Pathum Thani province and identified as the source of the rumor.

According to the report, the woman is in military detention and will be transferred to police tomorrow for a formal press conference.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1436431746

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-07-09

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is true and can be proven... he's toast.

No one is that stupid.....If you are corrupt someone else transfer money on your bank account, but no one would direct transfer money from a state bank account on his own.

The fact that rumours are all the 7%'ers have to discredit Prayut is a testament to Prayuts progressive and successful governance.

Lets see the evidence. Lets see where he got this information from. We won't see it because this was never intended to uncover a truth. It is a rumour! It made the front page and has planted the seed of doubt in the minds of the gullible and that is what the reds thrive on. It will be discussed at length in this forum until it magically becomes fact to the people the rumour was targeted at.

Facts - The red shirts greatest enemy. Rumours (It used to be beliefs) - Their dearest friend.

Abra Kadabra!

Edited by djjamie

No one is that stupid.....If you are corrupt someone else transfer money on your bank account, but no one would direct transfer money from a state bank account on his own.

You're probably right.

However, TIT

Yes, lets see the evidence of US Agency involvement of the dissenters

Lets see the evidence that A general claimed students had been brainwashed

Lets see the evidence indeed.

Personally I doubt that this happened, but the facts do remain that he transfered HUGE sums of money to an offshore company that was only a few weeks old, which by any standards raises serious questions, that are not allowed to be asked.

The fact that rumours are all the 7%'ers have to discredit Prayut is a testament to Prayuts progressive and successful governance.

Lets see the evidence. Lets see where he got this information from. We won't see it because this was never intended to uncover a truth. It is a rumour! It made the front page and has planted the seed of doubt in the minds of the gullible and that is what the reds thrive on. It will be discussed at length in this forum until it magically becomes fact to the people the rumour was targeted at.

Facts - The red shirts greatest enemy. Rumours (It used to be beliefs) - Their dearest friend.

Abra Kadabra!

"Lets see the evidence. Lets see where he got this information from."

Hilarious. Whenever I ask you to provide the source for your facts, including your often repeated 7%, you get upset and tell me to find the sources myself.

NO? When you think that you're above the law anyone would be quite capable of such actions.

This is probably hearsay. But anyone with a brain knows that he and all of his top brass buddies have wealth swollen to a level way beyond what their salaries.

Out of all these 'reforms' why are the army exempt? They are all 100% honorable are they? Yeah right my farang ar$e they are.

That's a bold statement to make, as this is exactly what many people, no doubt including yourself believed those involved in the Rice scam did, so to use your own words...No one is that stupid....... or were they?

ooooohh hoooooohhooooo hhooooooo. ha haa ha55555 someone needs a better pr officer - the first rule of dealing with the media - denial of the issue implies guilt -

the smart man would divert the attention with some small slip of the tongue that is less damaging, for example you could say something like - is this about military expenditure on my new lazer guns from china? or look I accidnetly spent money for the new health plan on this pizza delivering drone

Read the OP, not just the headline. Police aren't investigating Prayut, they're investigating the people who started the rumor.

You didn't really think the police would investigate the PM, did you?

+1 You took the words from my mouth.

The whole point of this story:-

"It is a problem that has caused so much trouble for me and other police officers. I have petitioned the government about this many times. There should be a single gateway in Thailand." - Somyot.

The rest is simply p**s & wind.

Thais seem to have a hard time understanding what is said, meant, implied with 3 people setting around the coffee table dicussing the weather. i have heard things siad that were attributed to a trusted source which were not even about the subject being discussed.

add the habit of several people talking about different subjects at the same time with their mouth full of food and a 8 lane freeway for misunderstanding iis opened, add the shor4t attention span and you can expect bs in and out THe reporters/journalist may be the most blantant in displaying this trait. thus i believe very little that i hear or read as accurate

I doubt he has an account set up in his name, and all that is needed to end this speculation and rumour is for the Bank of Singapore to state that no such transaction has shown up on their computers. It would take all of 30 minutes or so to be checked.

Personally I doubt that this happened, but the facts do remain that he transfered HUGE sums of money to an offshore company that was only a few weeks old, which by any standards raises serious questions, that are not allowed to be asked.

would love to see some proof of these facts

If you have got evidence show us

or else your claim fall under section 326 and 328 of the criminal code.

would love to see some proof of these facts

Me too & they're 'facts'.

Actually it seems more like a lie dressed up in a rumour.

Which facts?

Google Prayuth's Land deals with a company called 69 property, which was only established 7 days prior to a 600 Million Baht transfer.

http://www.chiangraitimes.com/prayuth-on-defensive-over-familys-600-million-baht-property-sale.html

http://www.isranews.org/investigative/invest-slide/item/34105-payut02.html

The major shareholder of the company when the deal took place had a British Virgin Islands address, Isara News said, citing the Business Development Department’s data.

Sounds a lot like an offshore company to me, but he said it was all above board, and he's the boss, so that makes it kosher doesn't it?

Edited by Fat Haggis

Abra Kadabra!

"Lets see the evidence. Lets see where he got this information from."

Hilarious. Whenever I ask you to provide the source for your facts, including your often repeated 7%, you get upset and tell me to find the sources myself.

Please stop feeding the troll!

Which facts?

Google Prayuth's Land deals with a company called 69 property, which was only established 7 days prior to a 600 Million Baht transfer.

http://www.chiangraitimes.com/prayuth-on-defensive-over-familys-600-million-baht-property-sale.html

http://www.isranews.org/investigative/invest-slide/item/34105-payut02.html

The major shareholder of the company when the deal took place had a British Virgin Islands address, Isara News said, citing the Business Development Department’s data.

Sounds a lot like an offshore company to me, but he said it was all above board, and he's the boss, so that makes it kosher doesn't it?

Jesus. What old news!

If you actually looked at most of the big developers I wonder if you would find similar systems, were they set up a new company to buy land later transferring to the main company when ready to develop.. Dunno, but it sounds likely!

Edited by casualbiker